The_Champ33
Years ago

Former Bullet Andre Moore

I turned the television on this morning as I always do during breakfast to catch the 'Today' show and with my good timing they showed a quick segment on former Brisbane Bullet Andre Moore.

Basically he's helping keep youth off the streets on a Friday night by holding basketball sessions @ a local indoor gym somewhere.

I thought that was pretty cool and wished this stuff would happen more often especially since the old 'Timezones' shut down years ago. The lock-ins were pretty good @ keeping the youth off the street.

The man was a frecious dunker from the highlights I saw and quiet athletic.

Topic #16149 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

Andre is a terrific guy, i once flew up to Brisbane to see my family (as a 12 yeard old) and happened to be on the same plane as the Bullets.

Basically my family was late to the airport and Andre waited with me and kept me company until they turned up.

A few years later i remember watching a Bullets game and the showed Andre's dad in the crowd. It was the first time he had ever seen he son play as they lost touch for almost 25 years.

The other memory of Andre was a massive baseline dunk over Bradtke at Apollo. Bradtke cam at him from the help side. Andre took the bump and was like Kemp on the finish.

Reply #190099 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Thanks for the positive story Anon. Sounds like he's a top bloke.

Reply #190102 | Report this post

Sneaky Sneak  
Years ago

best 1991 NBL Flat-Top

Reply #190147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see him at every Bullets home game- he is always super nice and so is his wife- a very friendly and down to earth family.
I believe for a day job he also works with under-priveledged somewhere over at Annerley on the inner south side- seems to be a top guy all-round with his head screwed on properly.
It's always nice to see a guy that came over from the US not only hang around, but do something rewarding and worthwhile for the community- there is more to life than just chasing dollars- that's for sure.

Reply #190170 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Sneaky - Andre LeFluer and Bruce Bolden would have something to say about that....

Reply #190189 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Agree thedoctor - So would Mean Al Green

Didn't Tiny Pinder have a sweet flattop?

Reply #190190 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

for flaptops no one came near this duo

http://www.movieposter.com/poster/A70-3460/House_Party.html

Reply #190199 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Brilliant pic Kent. They were the days and greatest flat tops.

Charles Oakley had one for a while.

Kenny Sky Walker had one and it helped him dunk better.

Great time in basketball.

Reply #190214 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

How about a flat top - with a verandah.....

http://linky.com.au/bxh63

Reply #190216 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Real cool and art worthy

Reply #190222 | Report this post

brittany  
Years ago

andre moore is awesome.
he recently came to my school and talked about his youth program. he made a school seminar fun.
he makes you laugh and is overall a nice guy.

Reply #232858 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754