nutter
Years ago

Boomers Game

I've heard a rumour that only just over 50% of tickets available for tomorrow nights game have been sold, take in to account walk ups that might get the dame 60% full.

Come on Adelaide get behind the national team if you ever want to see the Boomers in adelaide again!

Topic #16166 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

they must have sold a lot since the weekend then, the figure talked about on the weekend was about 1000 tickets sold, so based on that I reckon if they get 4000 they will be happy

Reply #190333 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

dome** my bad

Reply #190334 | Report this post

curious geroge  
Years ago

slightly off topic but does anybody know what time the 18s vs 20s state team game starts?

Reply #190336 | Report this post

Astor 84  
Years ago

Why couldn't the warm up game consist of Metro v Country as both will be competing at the Nationals next month. To play the U/20's doesn't really say much. Great concept BSA, if you had the right teams playing.

Reply #190338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't get the country team together mid week especially during exam times.

Reply #190340 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'll be there tomorrow.

Reply #190342 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Be a good game to have a look at... watched the first game on monday night and wasnt all that impressed with the Boomers. Relied way to much on the outside shot, i thought. May have worked against Iran but how will it go against some of the worlds elite teams?
I realise that Bogut and Anderson are to come back into the squad. Bogut is vital in that he can be a scoring option aginst all the world elite teams.

Reply #190345 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Noticed the squad that played on monday had 3 forwards and 2 centres named and the rest gaurds. not that surprising that they relied on there outside shot. Also makes it a bit more surprising that Luke was cut!

Reply #190348 | Report this post

.o  
Years ago

Reply #190350 | Report this post

.o  
Years ago

Reply #190351 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Well I think two 7 footers joining the team evens that up, hence having more guards in the team without them, and hence not needing to add another 7 footer who is significantly less skilled

Reply #190356 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I noticed that also about the rely on the outside shot from the highlights I saw.

When the big men join, it shouldn't be so bad.

Looking forward to tonight's opportunity to see our National team. Hopefully the crowd is decent and we can host another in the future.

Reply #190358 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Well, we will definitely be playing small ball again tonight, with Nielson apparently staying in Perth for the remaining two games of the series.

I guess Hinder and Helliwell will get a pretty good run tonight.

Reply #190362 | Report this post

hoop fiend  
Years ago

Great interview by Goorj last night on the radio. He said all the right things to get a crowd there tonight. He sounds genuinely concerned about the skills of their bigs.

Also interesting his comments about big Luke and the situation with his knee. Lets hope the two months of rest and rehab are all he needs.

Sounds like its just been a bit of bad luck with Schenscher and the national team. Food posioning in China, the ankle in Germany and now this knee.

Reply #190363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Curious geroge

I believe the 18s vs 20s state team game starts at 5.30

Reply #190366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta take into account those who get free or discounted tickets too (eg friends and family of those players and management staff)...that's all part of the 50~60% too!

Reply #190381 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

don't know why people are complaining about the fans not getting behind the game? no one knew about it until it was poster on here then passed on by word of mouth... basketball australia needs to have a hard think about who they employ for marketing and publicity

Reply #190462 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

That's a good point Ricey.

Don't forget the opening day of ticket sales was delayed and Venue Tix had no knowledge of the event to start off with.

Reply #190470 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Was looking for a seating chart for "The Dome" ... just bought seats and I have no idea if they are good or not. Any help?

Reply #190473 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Advertising for the game came out ages ago with season ticket renewal notices.

Reply #190484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game was extremely poorly advertised. Basically, if you're not from within the basketball community, you'd have no idea there was an international game on at The Dome tonight. And I bet there's a lot of people involved in basketball who wouldn't know either. How do they expect to grow the sport and attract more people when they don't get out there and start doing a bit of promotional work!?

Poor event promotion = low attendance, low attendance = BA less willing to give high profile matches to Adelaide. Why would they give big games to Adelaide played in front of a half-full, atmosphere-lacking stadium, when they have the choice of giving them to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and having sold out games? No wonder the Boomers haven't played here in 8 years.

Reply #190487 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Triple M has been advertising the game for a while too.

Reply #190488 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

triple M!!! who the hell listens to triple M... want to reach the people in Adelaide, hit up Fresh, Nova and SAFM... then go ahead and hit up Triple J for national coverage along with Nova... they should just pay someone like me or any other concert promoter, atleast we know how to do our job, they should have had flyers being handed out to people and posters in as many shop windows as possible to reach the larger market... how is it a 20 year old can come up with a better marketing plan that the so called "professionals"

Reply #190490 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah Triple J are huge on advertising stuff being that they are a part of the ABC and all.

Reply #190492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when does it start??

Reply #190495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tipoff is at 7:35pm

Reply #190496 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

game starts at 7:30

Ricey, I heard a similar statment the other day. I think its a joke that my coach had no idea there was a game on tonight and the asst. coach only found out about the game on the radio as he was driving to training yesterday. It really is crazy.

The funny thing is the lack of crowd that is likely to show up tonight means BSA is not likely to host another international in the near future despite BA being largely to blame!

Reply #190499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball Australia is SCREWED UP I agree with all you saying bad advertising. I cannot agree more, I was talking to a friend who PLAYS basketball in BigV Div 2 he didn't even know Australia is playing Iran right now!! He never checks Aus Basketball on internet so he had no idea, which is poor since you should be told about these things without internet source anyway eg. ads around the street. It is a joke! we need guys who actually cares about the game to operate it in Australia!

Reply #190503 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

triple J will do ads and plugs on air... they do realise it would be cheaper for them to make up 5000 flyers and couple hundred posters to get out then it is to put ads in other sources of media... for a couple thousand dollars tops they could sell out the game, but instead they would rather spend 5k and have no one rock up at all

Reply #190507 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

how can we get those basketball australia's people out of there!

Reply #190510 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This game was poorly advertised and many of you have covered it on here.

Reply #190578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was going through free-air tv, ABSOLUTELY boring guess what could've of been on a night like this...

Reply #190583 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i know how we can get them out... suicide bomber... ran in to their building and BANG!!! then we can get Heal to run it haha

Reply #190585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754