Anonymous
Years ago

Erin at Centrals

Has Erin played any games for Centrals this year? How can she have a contract with them, if she doesn't actually play there?

Topic #16173 | Report this topic

lights out  
Years ago

she was never going to "play"
whilst she is big fan of herself she hates losing

Reply #190489 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How can she have a contract with them, if she doesn't actually play there?
Err, easily?

Reply #190491 | Report this post

BELLY  
Years ago

Hey lights out you are a tool.

If you people just check your facts before you start writing bullshit on here, she has played a game for them and yes they did lose. But with all the commitments she has it is very hard to be in two places at once, now stop bagging an outstanding player and a very nice person. YA WANKERS.

Reply #190500 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Nice sledge lights out, do you even know the girl?

At least you find some way to contribute to Centrals, pity it is negative.

Reply #190525 | Report this post

Adelaide Girl  
Years ago

I can't believe that you would even bag her, she is working her butt off to try and get into the Opals after coming back from a knee recon she is representing our state, representing us and all you losers worry about is what she isn't doing for Centrals, my daughter went to the clinics that she held on behalf of centrals and she loved it Erin was very involved with everyone, also did you know she does individual sessions with players too, get your fact right before you start bagging someone you know nothing about.

Reply #190534 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

6 comments including the original topic starter.

2 comment for (same person?)

4 against, 3, VERY vocally.

In other words, most value Erin's attitude and work ethic etc.

What exactly was this thread trying to achieve anon?

Reply #190542 | Report this post

rex  
Years ago

Just wondering as part of having a contract with Centrals does this means that she gets paid? Or is it just part of her off-season basketball committments?

I don't know much about the ABL and contracts. I hear that some players get paid, some don't. If anyone can enlighten me to how it works I'd be grateful.

Reply #190568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry - it wasn't meant to start anything bad. I actually do know her, and I know that she's a nice person, and has a great work ethic. It was just a general question about having contracts with teams if you don't really play? I was confused about that.

Reply #190616 | Report this post

Erin is a gun player, a good person and a great ambassador for australian basketball. That being said Centrals made a decision to bring her into the club in hopes that players would follow. She was paid and given the title assistant coach in order to have the majority of her money go towards coaching and not affect the salary cap so they could play the flood of players that would follow her to Gawler. Unfortunatly that flood never came, Erin has played 1 game and the players that were excited about the opportunity to play with her have been left getting flogged week in and week out. Now with the olympics coming and Erin signing with Isreal and the upcoming WNBA season I think Centrals may have seen the last of Erin Phillips for awhile. Maybe when her other committments are finished and she becomes "Erin Phillips ABA Star" she will return to Centrals for a final playing career but by then I think her recruiting ability will be lessened. Was it a mistake for Centrals to bring Erin in to the club during an Olympic year? maybe. The only people that know that for sure are the Centrals committee and coaching staff and you can bet your ass they would never tell you!

Reply #190619 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

Centrals ability to recruit new ABA players was pretty average before, so do I think it cost Centrals much signing Erin...? No, it raised the profile of the club and it would've attracted more spectators to games.

With her commitments, no doubt the Centrals committee looked at the idea and made a decision... what is so hard to understand? Centrals wouldve had fair idea what circumstances might occur.

Reply #190736 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Will Erin be back with Lions for Winter?

She only played one game in the last season

Reply #216414 | Report this post

Astor 23  
Years ago

If you pay her $9k for 1 coaching clinic and 1 game I am sure she wil be. lol

Reply #216415 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754