Jumping Jack Flash
Years ago

Bullet's new knight not so white????

Seems that the new person has not received NBL approval.

Interesting comment here regarding the 36ers next club to be in trouble.

www.linky.com.au/rtui5

Topic #16191 | Report this topic

It's time the NBL called this coming season off, and concentrate on relaunching starting in July.

I would love to see what a survey would say.

Who would prefer it to run from July-Dec instead of Sep-Feb as it is?

Reply #190704 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

JJF - The 36ers info was a comment by a person called PB in a blog after the article. Unless it stands for Paul Bauer (which would be laughable), then I wouldn't even give it in weight for a second.

Reply #190705 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Try a REAL 36ers link for a change.

Reply #190709 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/eha6s
Try again Doh!!

Reply #190711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very impartial! tim johnston wouldve been talking like that a while a go

im still worried

Reply #190713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

honestly most clubs in nbl is struggling only tigers and 1 or 2 others actually made some money in the last 2 years or so...it's only a matter of time before the others pop on the news stating bankruptcy

Reply #190719 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

As for the Bullets latest chain yanker, I reported this in the latest thread along these lines over 24hrs ago.

Reply #190721 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

Note that in that link from Dana Mal calls himself director, not owner.

Just reading between the lines....

Reply #190723 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I put my job title as Director rather than Owner - doesn't necessarily mean Eddy Groves owns my company or not.

Reply #190726 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Good on you Anon.

Reply #190739 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

And a South Australian businessman about to buy the dome ( mentioned by jason dix on radio, tuesday)

Reply #190746 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

what rubbish calling the season off, for two long focus has been on the kings and bullets main reason being they have bought championships over the last 6 years. both clubs have grossly cheated the salary cap. The league is still strong with out those two clubs. What is required is realstic salaries for players etc and cost efficiency. NBL board has to prevent these over cashed gents (owners) who deliberately buy championships looking at short term success ruining the game.

Reply #190750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as much as them buying championships to be true, but that also raised the standards in the NBL, got to remember that. NBL really don't pay that great to start with. For the type of money they paid in a good successful league you should be making more than that anyway, especially if you just won the championships. I see the blame to be on the league more than clubs buying championships.

Reply #190763 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

I'm sure a July season will bring bums on seats vs the footy? Zip TV coverage as well.

Reply #190770 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

Qlder.

The netball is against the footy and they have somehow got a great deal with Fox with every game covered.

Reply #190780 | Report this post

drb  
Years ago

annom, i think thats rubbish. While the standard may have increased for maybe 4 teams there has consistently been 2 - 4 teams dominating the league, the reason being they are over the cap. People dont like watching a team getting pumped every week or pumping another team. People want to watch close/competitive matches. Your argument that its increased the quality to me is rubbish. Those teams have made the competition boring to the every punter who doesnt know the game well.

These high cashed up owners, have thrown their cheque book around to assure a championship and have not had an effective business model. The tigers who are cheats as well, have a business model. For the fans who have been there from day one for the Kings and the Bullets i feel very sad for them, however to those struggling clubs that dont have the millions must be thinkinh KARMA has prevailed.

Reply #190858 | Report this post

rookie  
Years ago

can someone fill me in on where the tigers get their profits from i have been to the cage and it is tiny. It looks like it only holds about 3000people and 6ers usually get more than that to most games, how can they be making money and us not. may be the nbl should be asking the tigers how to run a team successfully and applying their model to all nbl teams like a franchise

Reply #190872 | Report this post

Yup  
Years ago

(#190872) Is it that the juniors are also part of the Tigers empire?

If they are that would explain a good cash flow and also have a flow on effect on juniors supporting the NBL team....maybe!

Reply #191032 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Also, the front office are reportedly not paid by the Tigers, but just run out of Seamus' other business interests. Which essentially means that the 'profit' reported is illusory, and that the model is no more economically responsible than any other team.

Reply #191033 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Drb i used to think that as well until i read an article about how Formula 1 attendance and tv ratings increased during the Schumacher years.

the logic behind it was that people took interest to see if the champ could be beaten.

apparently it is a primal instinct thing that we want to see the good in society dragged back to the average.

in basketball how good was the Celts / Alanta series. it was the potential of the upset that made it interesting.

Reply #191050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754