Basketball is Life
Years ago

REES to start

A late rumor is that Rees will be starting in Centre for the sixers/36ers in 2004/05. Therefore the team looks like this.

Maher/
Farley/
Holmes/Nash
Rychart/Forman
Rees/

Also heard that their pre-season starts soon and J. Williams will be out there to try and earn his spot in the team.

Topic #162 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

I cant see Rees starting, especially after watching him at Forestville last night.

Also, hasn't J Will got a broken foot, preventing him from doing any running for about another month?

Reply #1155 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Pre-season training starts tomorrow (Monday 12th July).

Cheers, DJ

Reply #1156 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

I know that Rychart, Forman and Holmes all spent a bit of time at centre last season but I definitely think we need someone decent who can split time with Rees at the centre position.

We don't need an awesome centre, just someone who can give us a good 20 minutes, play defence, get some boards and block some shots.

It is no secret that the line up is all but done apart from back up PG and back-up (or starting) centre.

There is no centre in our local league capable of performing that role (considering it is obvious that Pero isn't in the running) so I am sure they will try to address this via free agency. The final spot will most likely come from someone local.

Reply #1158 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754