skinny
Years ago

Women's sport

Just a thought i would like to share with everyone. Me and my mates were talking the other day and if all forms of women's sport were to end tomorow, and never to come back we wouldn't think it would effect our lives in anyway. Seriously would anyone care!!!1
Whats everyone else's thoughts?

Topic #16271 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

how ridiculous

Reply #191662 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Well there are more of them than us mate, so i think over half of the worlds population caring would be sufficient?

Reply #191665 | Report this post

quasty  
Years ago

It's pretty obvious that skinny is not a real sports fan. You can't compare women's sport to men's sport - it's a totally different game because their bodies are structured so differently. Sure compared to men women are not as athletic or maybe as fast (not to say women aren't athletic or quick when competing against other women), but what do you expect, their muscles are comletely different. However, the aggression, the competitiveness and the determination are definitely there.

I also find that often (including in basketball) the women's game tends to be more structured than the men's because they can't rely on their athleticism (dunking or to a lesser extent, fast breaks) to carry them through. Granted the highlight reel may not be as exciting as the men's, but you'll always see a true contest, which would satisfy true fans of sport.

Reply #191668 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Is there a decent reason behind women actually giving up sport all on the same day; permanently?

Reply #191669 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah we should get rid of women's sport so that the girls can spend more time watching and admiring the fine atheletic men of the world .... NOT

You may think its not worth watching, but women enjoy sport as a past time or an 'escape' from the stresses of life like kids, work, home and looking after the men or perhaps they are very good at it.

Maybe if we got rid of people on Hoops that start ridiculous chauvenistic threads that would make the world a better place.

I know you are going to say 'it's just a thought' but that says it all from a self centred male

(This is not a shot at all males, I know not everyone thinks the same way)

Reply #191671 | Report this post

P!nk  
Years ago

Yeah thats great lets stop womens sport so Australia can remain and grow being the fattest nation in the world...Skinny i bet any female athlete could kick your ass!

Reply #191672 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seriously would anyone care!!!1
I'm going to take a wild guess here and say: the women playing sport, their partners, family, friends and interested spectators might care.

If Something for Kate, Nicolas Cage, bread and tequila disappeared from the planet tomorrow I wouldn't care but that doesn't mean others wouldn't.

Reply #191679 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

There is something about women's sport that is their icon, when she retires women's will be in ore. I am on the wagon with champ 33, had a coffee at a drive through place on South Road the other day. You guess it Sam Woosnam she ordered a lattae and I melted like a marshmellow. In the lightening car hope she needs a chauffer. Seriously my eyes are only for my wife but Sam my hands are still free, only kidding just trying to make champ33 jealous.

Reply #191684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the advanced cloning and breeding techniques we have nowadays, multiplication of ego's is within our realm. s
So let's get rid of women altogether!

Reply #191687 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Something for Kate, now that is a shit band name!

Reply #191689 | Report this post

pavement  
Years ago

still no male has given a good answer about how it would actually affect their lives!!!

Reply #191691 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Well, If Women weren't playing sport then they would be stuck in the Kitchen......

...and that would be no good.

Reply #191695 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I was thinking with a group of mates that if Skinny stop posting stupid comments on this forum from today, would anybody care?

Reply #191704 | Report this post

Bender  
Years ago

How could no-one have made the "Futurama" crack yet?

Reply #191712 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

The world would truely be a lesser place without Womens high jumping.

Reply #191735 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

I like watchin the women in WWE doing their thing .. so NO do NOT stop women sport ..dat would be a travesty !!!

Reply #191738 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And I only just remembered Lithuanian Honey Wrestling.

Reply #191745 | Report this post

satisfied?  
Years ago

skinny / pavement - i'll have a nibble.

If all women's sport stopped tomorrow, my missus wouldn't have a netball game (or two training's during the week). I'd imagine without her keeping active, she may put on some weight. I may not be as attracted to her then, and that affects my time in the house.

Further to that, without that sport release, i don't know what sort of mood she'd be in, or how her temperment may change.

Reply #191751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am a male and I have coached women's sport for over 10 years, I would miss women's sports, I would miss the trainings, the games, the work that is put into the game by the players, I would miss the fact that women put in as much to their sport as men for much less credit and glory, I would miss the opportunity to raise a daughter knowing that she could compete and participate in all the fun and educational experiences that only sport can give. the experience to laugh and cry with teammates and family to learn to enjoy the fun parts that life can offerwithout being dragged down by the day to day crap that we have to go through when we are not involved in sport.

Yes I believe that I would miss women's sports a great deal! Thanks for asking you have reminded me why I coach women in the first place.

Reply #191763 | Report this post

simmo  
Years ago

What a stupid forum...

I bet your the first to check out Sharapova and ex-players such as Anna Kornikova at the tennis etc

And do the names Lauren Jackson, Penny Taylor, Cathy Freeman, Hayley Lewis, etc etc. bear no signficance on the pride of women's sport in this country? shame on you

Reply #191769 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Let the NBL start now so we dont have posts like this or 6 million bl--dy NBA posts.
The commitment of women sports plyrs is much greater overall at all levels than men. Trust me usually under greater obstacles. Also have a look with open eyes at top Aust. teams in new ANZ comp. If you cant admire the skills ,.fitness levels ,defensive pressure and intensity then you dont really know sport

Reply #191773 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I love a good muscular chick and I want female sports leagues to continue

Reply #191789 | Report this post

pathetic  
Years ago

I think you would care mate. All the chicks would then get fat and then who would be the first to complain?!!

Reply #191817 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Skinny, don't believe everything you think.

Reply #191822 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Who says skinny can think

Reply #191863 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

I've forgotten about skinny already and it hasn't affected my life one bit.

Reply #191878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes people would care. Not mcuh though. Think of the female sports fans you know and then determine whether they are more into male sports or female sports. beach volleyball would be a right royal shame to lose.

Reply #191917 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

or netball .... gotta love the long legs and the mini-skirts they wear ....

Reply #191919 | Report this post

knowledge  
Years ago

hey, have you ever stopped to think if it wasn't for women in the first place there would be absolutely no men's sport whatsoever.
so let the women play their sport, they need some outlet, to escape from all the males, who think they are God's gift to Women.

Reply #191920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skinny..
wanna be anymore sexist? geez women are humans too!

Reply #191924 | Report this post

Ms Anonymous  
Years ago

I added my comments to this thread before work today and was a little worried about the responses, but thank you to everyone who have stood up for women and their sport. I'm sure that not all of you were females too, and it's so good to see the guys appreciating womens sport too.

My last comment to Skinny : Looks like everyone will be waiting to see what stupid thread you come up with next ..... NOT. Don't watch it if you don't want, us girls dont care. And just curious to know what level of sporting prowess you have achieved in your life, and give the contributors to this forum a chance to list the females who have achieved more in sport than you.

Tell us if you dare!!!

Reply #191928 | Report this post

Pickles Housemate  
Years ago

QUESTION: Without Womens Basketball, when would australia have won a basketball medal last?

ANSWER: Never.

It has been the Australian women who have produced the best results at the Olympic Games.

Australia's women's team made its first appearance in Los Angeles 1984 and has qualified for every Olympics since, except for Barcelona 1992.

Australia's men first played in Melbourne 1956 and have qualified for every Olympics since with the exception of Rome 1960 and Mexico City 1968.

The placings gained have been 5th in Los Angeles, 4th in Seoul. Bronze in Atlanta in 1996 was the first Olympic medal won by an Australian basketball team.

In Sydney 2000 and Athens 2004 they improved their performances to gain silver, losing to the United States on both occasions.

The best finish for the Men has been 4th in Seoul (1988), Barcelona (1992) and Sydney (2000).

There's a few apples for you to consider - hope you like them.

Info from http://www.olympics.com.au/Sports/SportsBasketball/tabid/226/Default.aspx

Reply #191967 | Report this post

leopards'r'awsome  
Years ago

I think it's sad to see the discrimination against woman in sport, but it's good to see that some people agree that we woman have as much right to sport as men!

Reply #194802 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754