Beantown
Years ago

Bogut contract

New article today in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=767604

Some good information for people who want to know where negotiations are at and when he will likely join the Boomers. Most important for the Boomers, I think, was this comment from his agent:

"If the deal is not done by mid-July, we'll table it," (ie, wait until next season) Bauman said. "He wants to join the national team. If we don't get it done fast enough, it's more important for him to play for the Boomers team.

"We're confident something can get done, and we think a deal is there to be made."

So it looks like Bogut has made it pretty clear to his agent that he is determined to play, contract or no contract, which is a relief for the Boomers!

I was beginning to get slightly concerned as there had been no mention in the local Milwaukee media indicating anything was happening with Bogut's contract anytime soon. In fact, some guys on their message board were saying that they might not even offer him a contract until the end of the next season.

I was worried that if he didn't get an extension, he might decide not to risk playing after all.

Anyway, I'm feeling reassured now. Bogut really does seem prepared to back up his comments to the media about how important Australian basketball is to him. Great attitude that is all too rare these days for professional athletes.

Topic #16330 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Nice pickup.
Can't wait to see a full strength Boomer's lineup! the team on court at the moment is already the best one we have assembled since 2000 IMO, and with Ando, Bogut and Nielson joining it only gets better.
The FIBA Diamond Ball tournament will be a strong indicator as to the Olympic chances of the Boomers.

Reply #192399 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

It definitely is shaping up to be a hot team. Bogut, Andersen, Nielsen, Newley, Bruton? yes please...and the bench is going to be one of the deepest we've ever had.

I'm seriously looking for them to bring home bronze or better...this is the best team we've had since we lost the bronze playoff game to Lithuania (it pains me to this day that the only reason we lost is because we had no foil for Arvydas Sabonis).

Reply #192423 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754