Quagmire
Years ago

Utah- Whitest team ever.

Quick role play;

Jazz staff on the phone to owner...

"OK- boss, heres what we need, more shot blocking in the post. We could trade little used but talented Almond to move up a few spots in the draft, maybe still get Hibbert?... you want what????.... ok..." "What did he say?" "Our white-boy count is at a critical low..draft big slow soft white centers asap."

As a club we seem to pick really good players of late- D-Will, Brewer, Milsap and even a case could be made for Almond. So i was keen for this draft. We need Defence in a big way but...colour me surprised...we drafted a couple of big white projects that like to play face-up instead of back-to and play D about as good as the two chumps we currently have in our lane. (which really should be called a freeway.)

Gutted.

Topic #16336 | Report this topic

dcanwade  
Years ago

yeah and USA team is all black (if you exclude j.Kidd) so whats your point ? - anway if the past few years have shown all white teams - Argentina & Spain win world championships .. even Greeks (with one Baby Shaq) !!!

Reply #192413 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Even Karl Malone was the whitest black guy ever. The guy was a redneck.

Reply #192414 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

Thedoctor, I'm pretty sure I've said pretty much the same thing in another thread...just listen to the man talk and it sounds like he should be sitting on his front porch with a banjo.

Reply #192418 | Report this post

pavement  
Years ago

whitest team ever???....i think the 1932 celtics might have something to say about that!!

Reply #192424 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

utah is a Big moron ... ooops mormon city ..who are WHITE as can be .. and for years they had mostly white players - Stockton, Hornacek, Eaton & Malone (as white as Bryant Gumble).. now they have AK47, Okur, Harpring and Williams (oh .. Williams is not black he sort of tan - is he half white like Kidd ??)

Reply #192459 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Utah is no more or less "whiter" than any other team in the league. It's a perception started by some free agent saying he didn't want to play there because the city was so "white", and perpetuated by morons like Bill Simmons.

Here's a quick comparison as an example:

Current white Jazzmen: Okur, AK47, Harpring, Korver, Fesenko. That's 5

Current white Lakers: Gasol, Radmanovic, Vujacic, Karl, Walton, Mihm, and I admit I'm not sure but I think Farmar is also white. That's 6 or 7.

Yet I don't hear anyone saying "Lakers, whitest team ever!" when they have MORE white players than the Jazz.

Reply #192466 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

white guys are either the Euro type, bench players, spot up shooters or the non athletic smart Bird-like players !!!

Reply #192491 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Add to that the three-time championship winning Bulls from 96-98:
Toni Kukoc
Luc Longley
Steve Kerr
Bill Wennington
Jud Beuchler
Jack Haley (only played in 1996 - one game though!!!)

So, yeah... so much for your whitest team ever theory! Stop whingeing about the draft choices of your team and tell someone who cares

Reply #192501 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

unless ya put togeher a bunch of Euro guys ya can't beat an NBA team with a bunch of white guys

Reply #192505 | Report this post

'we'

I didn't know you were a part of Utah Jazz

Reply #192554 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:38 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754