Nutwork
Years ago

Brand to Warriors?

It looks like the Warriors have tried to stick it up BDiddy & the Clips by offering Brand a max contract.
By my reckoning, Brand would stand to earn around an extra $35mil if he signs with GSW. This will test his will to win vs the power of the almighty dollar. $65mil vs $100mil when you are earning that much (and have already earned millions in previous contracts) does a few million here and there really matter?

Topic #16354 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Yes, if you want to feed the kids.

Reply #192667 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

damn ..those guys are like winnin the lotto every year !!! wat do I hav ta do to be 7 ft tall !!!???

Reply #192669 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

but then again those damn kids eat a LOT ...!!!!

Reply #192670 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

Especially the number of families some of these guys have.

Reply #192676 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

well .. dey seem ta be the alpha males of de modern age ... soon the whole world will be populated with 7ft ball players who can't live on less den 7 million a year !!!

Reply #192698 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

You could easily argue that with Monta, jax, Beird and co. Brand might have a better shot at winning with the warriors... I honestly thought he would stay at clips, if nothing else to work on movie making with Baron...

Reply #192797 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Its easy for us to say its all a lot of money, but if you were in his shoes you would consider it too. Its not like that once you earn more than a mil a year you don't care anymore. You strive for what you can earn. Its human nature.

In saying that, I think he will sign with the clips. He has said he opted out to give them more room to sign a point gaurd, and they did. So if he left now, it would be a MASSIVE stab in the back, and he would get slayed by the clips fans and booed hardcore every time he plays in LA.

Reply #192816 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

yo those kids do EAT a lot ... so no it ain't a lot of money !!! NBA ain't about money its about d luv of d game and competition .... whooop !!!!

Reply #192824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754