playa
Years ago

NBA Teams that should move

Memphis Grizzlies - nothin in Memphis but Elvis .. and his left de building !! ..or de planet

New Orleans Hornets - the place is gonna flood again soon !!! maybe is good for a water polo team but not bball

Los Angelse Clippers - seriously who wanna be LAkers poor little bro

Milwaukee Bucks - even Yi and Jefferson don't wanna move there ..no matter how much dey pay !!! da city is avoided like the plague. Plus dey hav the worst logo

-------------

Teams dat need a franchise

Las Vegas - hey Stern and the refs might as well be close to der buddies !!

Seatle - haw haw

San Francisco - hey I'm sure all the gay men there wouldn't big NBA bodies espceially if dey wear short shorts !!

another 2 Canada team - hey Canada is outnumbered by the Yanks 29 to 1 !!!

Topic #16373 | Report this topic

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeh man, dey defatnaly needz franchises man. espeshalee san fran coz golden state aint even anyware neer der ay?

Reply #192888 | Report this post

People dat need a slap in da face:

Your English teacher

Reply #192889 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Give TSI a ball! Gold

Reply #192890 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

As twenty four said, I think... San Francisco already has a team called the Golden State Warriors! Well sort of... they play in Oakland which is really just an extension of San Francisco separated by a bridge!

I like the idea of a team in Las Vegas, although I'm not sure that it's got a huge population of permanent residents. And look out for the Clippers, they may have a very good team next season... & when I saw them play live a few years ago they had a big crowd, not sold out but almost!

Reply #192892 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My eyes hurt reading the original post......

Little ball to twenty four..

Reply #192893 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

Intercourse, Pensylvania requires a franchise. I recommend calling them the intercourse rules or the f*ckers.

Why doesnt someone start the harlem globetrotters again? New york has 17 million residents and the knicks sell out regardless of their form. But unlike utah and minnesota, they need a no white guy policy. Stephon marbury would fit right in, backed up by his cousin telfair and rafer alston.

What about a team in mexico city? Population of 25 million would surely support a 20,000 seater stadium for 41 games a year.

Reply #192897 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

The Maloufs have been trying to engineer the Kings move to Vegas for a few years now. Seems the gambling laws are a stumbling block.

Fair go with the Bucks, Milwaukee is home to Miller beer for christs sake. The brewery tour is good value, from what I can remember anyway.

Reply #192904 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

curtleyambrose
I'll tell you why Mexico don't have a team yet

NBA players would commit crimes knowing that the USA Police won't be able to chase them over teh border :)

Reply #192922 | Report this post

unlvrebelx  
Years ago

Vegas area has approximately 2.5 million permanent residents....its not huge, but larger and more money than say...Memphis, Oklahoma City, and Salt Lake City...plus, at any given time, there's 500,000 tourists in the city, many of whom would attend a game if they were visiting our fine city. It makes sense in every way, and I think Stern knows it. Stern is just doing PR now to soften things up...that's why he had the All-Star game there, and that's why team USA trains at our campus (UNLV). Its to soften the mindset of the fans about gaming...however, the referees betting on games has been a huge setback...but like most betting on the NBA, it wasn't done in Vegas, but through illegal books. Less than 1% of sports' betting isn't done in Vegas.

Reply #192930 | Report this post

W.M.C.95  
Years ago

Hey, if LA have the lakers and the clippers (clippers should move), then i think new york should have another team, since its the largest city in the US.
New jersey used to be NY, but they stil deserve there place in NJ, it would be really good if one of the burroughs had a team, maybe brooklyn, not gonna happen though, i know that.
Anyway the clippers should move to San francisco or seattle, i personally think canada dont fit into the NBA.

Reply #216632 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

A second team in NY would seem (logically) a good idea - but New Yorkers being New Yorkers (fickle as heck) you'd have to wonder if it would succeed...

Reply #216643 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754