ballin is life
Years ago

Jingles makes Olympic team!

Just want to send a big shout out and Congratulations to my boy, and our very own Joe Ingles for making the Boomers team for the 2008 Olympics in China. I received a txt msg from Joe @ 5am this morning saying that he'd made the team!!

Just wanna say how proud I am of Joe to have made the team as I've been a best mate of his for years and know how hard he's worked to get this. His hard yards have finally been rewarded.

Bring on China and good luck to Joe and the rest of the chosen Boomers team for the Olympics!!

Topic #16379 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

And the rest of the team is???

Reply #192950 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

rest of team is as follows:

anstey, bogut, andersen, mills, bruton, worthington, nielsen, newley, bruce, redhage, jawai.

saville dropped for jawai, kendall dropped in favour of aaron bruce.

http://linky.com.au/ns69d

Reply #192951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a suggestion but perhaps you could give us a source rather than a link to a facebook page.

Reply #192956 | Report this post

!!  
Years ago

Congratulations Jingle-berries!!

Reply #192957 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i really dont believe that jawai and bruce are in the team when gorjian said explicitly that jawai wouldnt be looked at.

Reply #192958 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Why would Jawai not be looked at?
He's the kind of size you need at international level.

Reply #192959 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This is just plain crap...Jawai and Bruce are NOT in the team.
Only 1 player left to be dropped and it's likely to be Kendall once Bogut joins the team.

Reply #192960 | Report this post

Bradfan  
Years ago

Great for Joe. I would be really surprised if Barlow wasn't in the team - has been a pretty steady contributor in games so far and has the right sort of body for international ball. Also - Saville I thought would have a spot in the 12! Will be interesting to see if your source is correct!!

Reply #192961 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Won't win a medal with "its all about me, I am a selfish bastard Joe in the team". Turns the ball over too much and is just a dumb player. played for southern so just confirms the dumb part.

Reply #192966 | Report this post

Joe = DUD  
Years ago

the only reason he is in is coz goorj likes to think he can play international ball with half his nbl squad which has been shown in the past...thats the only reason hes in the team! A JOKE

Reply #192977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody hell, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but give the guy a break! Have any of you experts been at training camp to see how he has been training, to see if he has improved in those areas you say he lacks?

Wait and see what he does at Beijing, if it's any good, great, right choice was made. If not, then hang him and boy goorj out to dry.

Reply #192978 | Report this post

Joe = DUD  
Years ago

has a goorj international team ever done anything good!!no...the commonwealth games dnt count either they played NZ ffs!

Reply #192980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who do you suggest coaches the Aust national team Joe = Dud?

Reply #192982 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

My vote goes to good old Phil Smyth
..................................................................................................................................................................
BAHAHAHA!!!!

Anywho, did any one read that facebook linky thing on lewis roberts-thompson. A lot of that stuff sounds a lot like some of the chuck norris jokes that i've heard before. Still pretty funny though.

Reply #192985 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bravo to both JIngles and Brad Newley

Reply #192986 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

PS "ballin is life", do U think UR M8 was sober at the time when he woz txtn'?

TNX 4 DA MSG - G8!

Reply #192987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

joe=dud obviously has no idea about basketball as he is writing from a computer in adelaide rather then an oympic team in GREECE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! joe has worked really hard to get to this point and has proved himself in the series leading up to this. shame ur so jealous.. joe is goin to rip it!!

Reply #192989 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i dont know what is with this new found distaste for joe ingles. although his second season wasnt all that it could be, he is still one fothe top young talents we have and definately deserving of a spot on the team.

Reply #192991 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

jingles is overseas when he wrote the msg, so he would have been writing it during the late afternoon prolly. he may not even get much time on court and be the 11-12 man on the team which would mean that picking him makes no real impact on the team. still congrats to him for making it on the team

Reply #192994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only kendell was cut. saville is still in the team. bruce isnt! and jawai isnt either. but most importantly joe ingles is in!!!!!!! wooo hooooo

Reply #192998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Toft u tool did u stop to think where the Boomers are at the moment?? Overseas!! Which explains the txt msg in the early hours and I guarantee you he was sober!! Nice try though to make him look the fool. Not this time.

Reply #193001 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

james harvey shouldve made the team he is a gun

Reply #193002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm surprised kendall and hinder didnt make the team with gorjian at the helm!

Reply #193005 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

yes i agree harvey shouldve made the team too, great scorer and defender, wouldnt have crumbled under pressure at international level despite no experience, but who would you take out? I'd sadly have to say Ingles with saville gone, you couldnt say newley or barlow deserve to go. I hope joe makes the nba next year however, he was listed as around 58th best prospect for next years draft on espn.com.

Reply #193022 | Report this post

TheFansMan  
Years ago

Harvey a great defender? Hope that was sarcastic. Great offensive threat.

Overall team has turned out well. Goorj has done a good job i think. Would have liked Jawai in there somewhere but ahh well. As long as we get Bogut and dont rely too much on the 3 ball, well be competitive.

Reply #193027 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

i agree harvey should have been in the team, his defence under joyce has improved and is a quality defender.

Looks as though Joe is Goorj new golden boy, well he is coaching him know at the dragons. I personally dont believe he should be in the team he is not up to scratch and i am sorry harvey has been much better during the nbl season.

Looks as though Kings players are on the outer for boomers team, and dragons players will have the belief even if i am mediocre i still have achance of making the boomers whilst goorj is coach. Goorj really is a disgrace.

I think joe is a future gun, but not worthy of the olympic team for beijing, next worlds and olympics i could potentially see.

Reply #193028 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

What is with all the Jingles bashing?

Bruce...Im sorry he is a hack, over-rated....His old man was quoted as saying Nash like with better jumper....He aint 50,40,90...Never will get close

Jawai...Anyone read Gorj comments on him not coming to training camp

IMO Team is like this in no particular order

Worthington
Anstey
Bogut
Nielsen
Anderson
Saville
Barlow
Ingles
Newley
Bruton
Mills

Reply #193053 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

old school that will be the teamn

Reply #193055 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

+ Redhage, I think you mean.

Reply #193056 | Report this post

drB  
Years ago

correct xy,the team will be;

Worthington
Anstey
Bogut
Nielsen
Anderson
Saville
Barlow
Ingles
Newley
Bruton
Mills
Redhage

Reply #193076 | Report this post

Joes #1 Fan  
Years ago

drB.. how many dragons players are in the team?? hmm 2.. and only 1 that was in the team last year. If u remember rightly, Joe was dropped in the NZ series last year so is clearly not Goorjans golden boy. You people seriously talk alot of ...........
Joe has worked really really hard to make the team this year and quite frankly, it doesnt matter what any of you think becos at the end of the day HE IS IN THE TEAM! Not to mention HE IS PLAYING FOR AUSTRALIA!! And im pretty sure as an Australian you should be supporting the ENTIRE team, not just your fav players.. even tho Joe is the best ever hahah

Reply #193283 | Report this post

Joes #2 fan  
Years ago

Congratulations Joe. You should be very proud of your achievement. What a shame about all those people that feel the need to bag one of Australia's best up and coming young kids. I feel sorry for them as they have nothing better to do then shoot others down. Anyone with any sort of credability or who has actually played with you will know what a top player and a top bloke you are and who honestly cares what there opinions are. Let them all have their little cry and sob on whatever night of the week it is that they play their Social basketball games. All the best and we will be over there cheering you on mate.

Reply #193304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:09 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754