billo
Years ago

NH: Wimbledon final

Managed to score myself a ticket for the men's final today, when I collected it I discovered I was sitting in the second row!!

Amazing match, the way those guys hit the ball and move around the court is phenomenal, it's impossible not to like both of those guys and even though I was going for Feds I was stoked for Rafa when he got up (in extremely dark conditions). Any other tennis fans out there catch the match?

Topic #16388 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe on TV.....

Reply #193017 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Just rolled into work now (9:30) Billo after trying to stay up and watch the match which I couldn't do although I did get up at different parts in the night to check on the score. It was the longest final in Wimbledon history.

How'd you score tickets to the final! Very envious. You certainly got your moneys worth. It seemed as if Federer just couldn't match Rafa from the back of the court - he puts too much pace and topspin on that forehand. It has to be one of the best if not the best forehand in tennis history.

Reply #193023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you guys may as well say wimbledon management manipulated the game so their favourites goes through the finals to boost tv ratings also. what's the chances williams sisters, nadal v fed? lol

Reply #193077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahahahahahahaha it is rigged just like the nba.
Haters!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #193097 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Rat10, my flatmate managed to get resale tickets, only got them on Friday and didn't know where they were going to be, it's fair to say there was quite the high five party when we discovered we were 2nd row!

Including rain delays it went for about 7 hours, and if it wasn't getting dark I could happily have watched for another couple more, it was just that good. I took over 1000 photos so I'll email you a link when I put them on line (obviously not the entire 1000).

Still pumped.

Reply #193114 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If anyone's interested you can click on the photo and it'll take you to the gallery.

Reply #193314 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Are these the photos you took billo?

Sensational!

Reply #193323 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Awesome photos billo!

Reply #193331 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Some of your best work there Billo. Once you've amassed your fortune over there I'm sure a job in sports photography is on the cards...

Reply #193334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Only just checked this thread - great photos Billo. Should get them onto the stock sites?

Reply #195842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754