Isaac
Years ago

New Sixers ads

Any thoughts on the new Sixers ads?

Saw one in the paper (on Saturday I think it was) and heard a radio ad today.

The newspaper ad looked alright (always hard to tell how dark images will come out in newsprint) and the radio ad sounded good.

A friend (huge Sixers fan) suggested that the ads would do far better to focus on Farley and Rees and the previous success they've had with the club and I think it might be worth trying along side more typical ads. The Sixers site should be running with a picture of Farley on the frontdoor and a title like "He's back" -- obvious I know, but it'd build up the excitement.

One thing that I noticed was the continued usage of "Be good, be strong, be there". Anyone I've talked about it with has agreed that it's pretty bad (trying too hard; someone said "f*cking gay" and while it's a bit of an uncouth way to describe it, it just seems on the mark for some reason). What does everyone think?

(I don't know anyone who wants to "be good". And fans aren't there to "be strong" (I think someone said that on this forum before)).

The club has pretty fanatical supporters with a bit of a reputation (Carfino always talks about it) and playing on that would've elevated the element of fan-pride.

Topic #164 | Report this topic

Court Marshall  
Years ago

The new slogan is the WORST marketing idea I've probably seen. When have we ever walked into the Dome and said "I'm going to the strong tonight in my cheering." What the hell kind of slogan is that? Be good is something you tell your kids.

Speaking of the stupid web site, it is now 9:20am and I have not been able to vote for the All-star teams. PISS WEAK!!!!

Reply #1163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Be good is something that you tell your kids and then they promptly ignore it and start demanding churros.

The All-Star voting looks to be online now.

Reply #1167 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure if you're allowed to vote in men's and women's though. The instructions say once per conference, so I guess I chose both men's teams..?

Reply #1168 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Just looking at the options, I think the South would have a much better chance of winning the game (on paper). With a potential starting 5 of Jacob, Oscar, Campbell, Pero, and Bauer / Clarke / Poncho. That is ridiculous. Compare that to Reg / Bell, Krause, Bradley, Arnold / Bell / Hawkes, Ng.

Sorry, but I think my money will be on the South sieeeed!!!

Reply #1169 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Interestingly enough, there is now a picture of Willie Farley on the front door of the Sixers site. A case of great minds thinking alike or someone taking tips from this forum.

Reply #1185 | Report this post

Court Marshall  
Years ago

Isaac, you should copyright all the ideas that come on this forum, or at least get rolyalties!!! Coincidence? I think not..

Reply #1188 | Report this post

mike man  
Years ago

well to be honest i hope both teams take the game very seriously, as otherwise the team that tries harder will win.
i think with both teams trying their up most, it will be a tight one, but south would squeeze home...they have 4 of the top6 teams from the season.
also, i noticed on the all star voting, the 36er players have been included....are they eligible??..i am assuming they are, otherwise, why would their coaches nominate them.

Reply #1189 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754