Panther
Years ago

Player numbers in the ABL

What is going on with player numbers these days in the ABL sides??? Looking through stats on the web, there are at least 3 teams that only had 7 players on the weekend line up! Now i'm guessing that if you don't play a second then your not going to be listed in the stats (???), but even so, why not bring in some young kids and give them a chance! The three teams that I looked at that only had 7 players hit the court are all out of the finals, so what is holding you back in blooding some new kids???

Topic #16402 | Report this topic

Not sure?  
Years ago

Maybe something to do with ABL by laws and the registration process?

Reply #193209 | Report this post

Years ago

Pretty Simple Panther...

Sickness and injuries.

Reply #193214 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

And maybe some of these 'younger' kids you refer to haven't been out to training week in, week out for the season. Therefore if I was coach I don't know if I would play them either - you are sending a bad message early in their career by rewarding non-attendance with playing time. (Even if numbers are down).

Reply #193220 | Report this post

warrior  
Years ago

Warriors only played 7 because they only had 7 players available.
Birmingham, wilson, miller, goodchild all injured. The rest were sick or work commitiments.

Reply #193225 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Warriors.....come out to play-ay......

Reply #193227 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754