devon
Years ago

Boomers/Opals on SBS

If you would like SBS to broadcast all 10 Boomers and Opals games live during the Olympics, please email this address. [email protected]

Topic #16403 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

but won't there be issues with be issues with chanel 7 (or whoever is it) having exclusive coverage of olympics.

Reply #193246 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

SBS is the complimentary broadcaster - meaning they will show all of the bits that Channel 7 doesn't want to show. That could include basketball fingers crossed...

Reply #193249 | Report this post

curtleyambrose  
Years ago

SBS is also considering a basketball show called 'hoop scoop', please ask SBS to put this on also.

Reply #193253 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

In Athens SBS also showed full basketball games (rather than highlights and the bits and pieces that Channel 7 show) of non-Boomers games. When you have a tournament showcasing the best basketballers in the world it's great seeing as many games as possible even if it's not the Boomers.

I'm preparing myself for some very frustrating coverage of the Boomers on channel 7. They always do things like taking ad breaks in the middle of the game rather than waiting for time-outs.

Reply #193256 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

they have said they would show games befoire and have shown an hour and a half of the time allocated on someone bloody running! so i dont have a lot of faith in the coverage, i hope i can download it on the net...

Reply #193273 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I emailed SBS with the following:

Hi,

I wish to request that SBS strongly consider televising live the Australian men's and women's basketball games at the Beijing Olympics. In previous telecasts of the Olympic Games, television networks constantly chop and change through events, actions that spoil the live coverage of a sport such as basketball. Subsequently, uninterrupted coverage of the basketball would be greatly appreciated come this August.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Here was the response:

"Thanks for your comments, we will pass them on.

Regards"

That's it...no name or anything else. At least I got an acknowledgement.

Lets see what people power can do...just like the WNBL is trying with the ABC.

Reply #193392 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here is the original post

Reply #194513 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754