skip
Years ago

36ers Pre Season Training Squad

Short article on NBL.com.au about the Sixers starting their pre season training next week.

http://linky.com.au/njd1s

Traing squad consists of
Brett Maher, Brad Davidson, Luke Schenscher, David Cooper, Adam Ballinger, Brad Hill, Jacob Holmes, Ryan Kersten, Paora Winitana, Peter Hoban (Forestville Eagles), Brad Gerlach (Forestville Eagles), Erik Burdon (North Adelaide Rockets), Josh Wood (Southern Tigers), Trent Fildes (Forestville Eagles), Anthony Spadavecchia (West Adelaide Bearcats).

Topic #16411 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Lalic, Breheny?!? Does this mean they no longer have a shot at making the Development positions this year and/or wont be training with the Sixers during the year??

Reply #193361 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Is Trai Ng an Ng we actually kept :)

Not sure if you would rate Lalic and Breheney (how do you spell that??) above any of the guys in the list though - maybe Gerlach, but I don't rate him much.

Reply #193372 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Hmm... two ABL power forwards/centres with the skills of a reserves player and the height of an NBL guard.

Good decision sixers

Reply #193393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who inparticular are u reffering two Oden08?

Reply #193398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*who in particular are u referring to Oden08?

Reply #193399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Oden 08 is saying good job on the sixers for not continuing with Lalic and Breheny????

Reply #193415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Original list not actually correct.
Change Spadavecchia for Reardon.

Reply #193436 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

was referring to 193361's comments about Lalic and Breheny. I was suggesting that the sixers made the correct decision by not including them. They are just to small and slow for NBL given their skill set.

I think the squad is good. Gerlach and Burdon deserve to stay. Wood and Fildes are proabbly SA's best two college prospects and Spadaveccia is the best young guard in ABL and Hobo is the best young big (and both did well at academy). Had Molitor been fit I probably would have had him in there too.

Reply #193442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754