Anonymous
Years ago

DRAGONS PULLS PIN ON SMITH

South Dragons have pulled the pin on their deal with Jason Smith, but the two-time Olympian is optimistic he will find another

I just wondering where people think he will and up?
i would like to see him come play for 36ers but can we will fit him in the point system?

Topic #16453 | Report this topic

Kingjames  
Years ago

I wouldn't like him in the sixers. He has been a very over rated player his whole career (look at his stats and tell me he deserved to be praised as much as he has) and a dirty player as well. He now also has no legs as shown by the Dragons not wanting him.

Reply #193787 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

having smith playing for us would have the same affect as heal coaching us, there would be mass suicides at the dome

Reply #193789 | Report this post

SydneyKings22  
Years ago

Yee...
No way he'd sign with the sixers.
If he signs with anyone i'm saying the Pigs or whatever they wanna be called now, and will only sign a one year contract because he will then come back to THE KINGS. Same as BJ Carter.

Reply #193796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this has been posted in a previous thread already.
Realistically, how many players are going to have to sit out the season due to not fitting into other clubs from the Bullets/ Kings fallout?
Not many seem to have been picked up this late in the game. What kind of exception is the NBL making to this considering the rosters are due in for approval like... now already?
So many players remain unsigned and training for most starts next week...

Reply #193801 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

RE;
"I wouldn't like him in the sixers. He has been a very over rated player his whole career (look at his stats and tell me he deserved to be praised as much as he has) and a dirty player as well. He now also has no legs as shown by the Dragons not wanting him. "

You have got to be kidding...dirty player??? the reason he's not with the Dragons is he stuffed his shoulder giving firepower's Tim Johnson 150% in the palyoffs, only to be repayed with a massive shafting. ANYWAY..you can say whatever you want about Smith, but don't accuse him of being dirty, he's such a squeaky clean player..it's allmost sickening. The Pigs will sign him I'm sure, they could use his public profile in Sydney, and his experience would lift the rookies' games also.

Reply #193803 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

squeaky clean player BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

your funny

Reply #193805 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

smith is crap. nobody in their right mind would pick him up.

Reply #193806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey Thomo, you're not a relative of Shane Heal's are you?

Reply #193811 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I hate Smithy with passion and would never welcome him to the 36ers. He's a useless dirty over-rated player. I hate the man with passion.

Not in our house of the 36ers, no way

Reply #193830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hell yeh he a dirty player

Reply #193894 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"smith is crap. nobody in their right mind would pick him up."

Jason will be a part of the new Sydney Spirit (revamped Razorbacks) team.

Does that prove or disprove your point? :-)

Reply #193900 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

anon if i was related to heal i would have slapped his bitch face by now

Reply #193918 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Smith has definately been a dirty player; wouldn't be surprised however if this is simply due to the fact Goorjian has been his coach and it's probably something he's been told to do occasionally. That would at least explain why Worthington, Hinder, Crosswhite etc. are all players who cause blatant hits on players and have very short fuses.

Smith is an alright player; can't really see him being a Sixer ever... A) No one likes him and B) He'd be trying to fill up a position which the Sixers have never had any troubles filling (aka Guard roles).

Personally, I'd rather have Darren Ng come back, or get Ingles, or get any south aussie baller to fill a Sixers guard spot than him.

Reply #194178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754