Panther
Years ago

Boti's article...

So once again we see Boti attack the sixers and basically wipe out any chance of them winning a championship, simply because they lost one game! Let me guess...in tomorrow's paper the heading will be, "Sixers dethrone Kings, championship hopes still alive" after they wipe the Kings off the court tonight. The sixers had a bad game and we can't blame just one player or coaching staff for the loss, but that's all it was, one loss!
The sixers have probably the skinniest line up out of the top six, but they'll still be there in the end, geez all they have to do is finish eighth and they're in with a chance!!!

Topic #1646 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is this the line you're referring to? "Having dropped its outrageous "poor us" nonsense of earlier this season, first-placed Sydney should wrap its series with Adelaide over this next week."

If so, I thought it was a little defeatist too. Yes, we're nowhere near Sydney in roster depth right now, and my tip for the Sixers to win is pretty optimistic, but we're at home and I just can't see Willie letting this one go too easily.

Didn't he have 40 against Sydney a year or two ago?

Reply #18785 | Report this post

cry cry cry  
Years ago

boti is just firing people up! simple as that. stop complaining Panther. id like to see u do a better job than him, seriously, think about it...

Reply #18788 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

'id like to see u do a better job than him,'- what a stupid comment. Panther was not talking about Boti's journalistic ability, only the Sixers late season/playoff chances.

Boti calls it as he sees it, and sometimes says something a bit controversial coz he can.

I think Panther was saying the Sixers are lookin OK at the moment and have played pretty well so far. Seeing we beat the Kings last time we met, and Wheeler's out meaning our lack of size won't be as exposed, I think Boti's comments are a bit harsh too..

Reply #18791 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I could easily do a better job!
Quotes like..."exposed and exploited Adelaide's deficiencies and make no mistake about it  the 36ers are in trouble."
Goorjian..."These guys don't accept losing."
Boti...
On Wednesday, Adelaide showed it occasionally can.
And also the comment that Isaac wrote, he's written Adelaide off tonight. If he was doing it to fire everyone up fine, but that's not Nodge, he's a turn coat, a ship jumper, he'll be everyone's best reporter and say how great everythin/one is until the first stumble and BAM! he's dogging you out!

Reply #18792 | Report this post

cry cry cry  
Years ago

So once again we see Boti attack the sixers and basically wipe out any chance of them winning a championship, simply because they lost one game! Let me guess...in tomorrow's paper the heading will be, "Sixers dethrone Kings, championship hopes still alive" after they wipe the Kings off the court tonight. The sixers had a bad game and we can't blame just one player or coaching staff for the loss, but that's all it was, one loss!

that is what Panther said

now i think he is suggesting that boti is 'basically wiping out any chance of them winning a championship'. obviously he isnt happy with the article, hence, he started this thread. the reason why he wasnt happy with it was because he doesnt like boti.

and thedoctor, u think his comments are a bit harsh...this just backs up my point that boti is trying to fire up our supportters, to bring them to the game, to use thier voice and get them over the line.

Reply #18794 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Yer it's worked all season hasn't it wank wank wanker???

Reply #18801 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Doesn't all media in all sports get on the back of teams when they loose? Then they think they are championship material when they win two in a row. Even though I am not a fan of Boti, he is doing what all media personal do.

Reply #18804 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I was agreeing with Panther. I think Boti's comments are off target.

I don't think it has anything to do with firing up supporters either.

I think Panther was on the mark in that we beat Sydney recently, and that we have a decent shot tonight, especially with Wheeler out.

Reply #18808 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Cry cry, boti's article's are not only not funny but they arent correct either. Ask any decent player,coach or club offical of there opinion of the man and you more often than not get the same response, "wanker"

Reply #18809 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

cry cry, Boti can fire up supporters all he wants. Passionate and angry supporters still have to pay to go. Far too expensive.

Reply #18811 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not interested in the $15 tickets?

Reply #18812 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Isaac,

Where are these tickets advertised to the people. It is all about promotion of the game.

Reply #18813 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Wheeler may be out, but CJ is back in...and CJ has plenty more contribution than what Wheels has had of late.

Considering Sydney pushed us to within 6 last game, and they are coming in with fresh legs, when we played 2 days ago, and have been travelling for a week, well I think Boti saying Sydney will win could be on the money.

Reply #18815 | Report this post

hmmmm  
Years ago

so are you saying you didnt know about the $15 In the Know?

Or rather you are just having a whinge for the sake of it?

Reply #18816 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Write them off at your peril everyone - one Mr W Farley will be coming out with a point to prove tonight. If the other guys play as we know they can Sydney wont get near us :)

Lets hope so anyway

Reply #18817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

hmmmm, he's suggesting that the public don't know about them. I have not seen or heard them advertised anywhere besides the Sixers site and, judging by that forum and poll, I'm not sure it gets that much traffic. Have the $15 tickets been advertised on radio (I know they advertise the game itself).

In the Know -- just misread your comments as though you couldn't afford to go personally.

The $15 tickets by redemption are a good idea, but without an ad in the paper, I don't know if they'll be too effective.

It will be interesting to see how they debut tonight.

Reply #18820 | Report this post

hmmmm  
Years ago

Cool Isaac - Just jumped to the conclusion it may have been a negative post just for the sake of it... Sorry Mr (or Ms) In the Know - but with a handle like that you definately would have known about them lol :)

Reply #18822 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

Well I'm a Kings fan and I've mentally marked this one in as a Kings loss. If they win I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I don't know about the game in Adelaide, but the Kings/36ers game in Sydney was great to watch, both teams playing a fast, free flowing running and shooting game. I hope there's a series between these two teams in the playoffs. A Kings/36ers Grand Final would be awesome. Exciting games and sooooo much hate.

Also, say what you want about CJ, I'm sure he doesn't have many fans in here, but his pre-injury form was exceptional, and he's quickly returning to that form. If CJ is on fire, Smith is on fire and Sanford and Roberts stay out of foul trouble, the 36ers had better be on their game.

Reply #18825 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Thanks Isacc, Obviously by the size of the crowd $15 may have worked.

Reply #18867 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So where are you know cry cry cry, show me the money Yogee, and I must say I wasn't far off with today's article from Boti.

Reply #18884 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yeah, so I was wrong. I'm more than happy to be wrong when predicting a 6ers loss. However, the first three quarters shows that I was pretty close on the money.

Who would have thought the #1 team in the league would choke up a 14 point lead with the way they have been playing this year?

Anyone else notice Goorjians weird sub patterns?? Sub a guard off, bring a forward on (CJ for Roberts or Sanford so many times)....obviously they can play a good switch and everyone can slot into new roles quite easily. Just seemed really strange to see guards and forwards subbing for each other.

Reply #18891 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

i was wondering how/where the $15 were advertised... we went to the game on saturday as guests, but bought our 13 year old a ticket to come and watch the games and paid $19? obviously i would have preferred $15. how does one get these cheaper tickets? (this is a serious question)

Reply #18956 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

http://www.adelaide36ers.com/
this is where you can get the $15 tickets.

Reply #18965 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

jjj -- I don't know if they were advertised and/or mentioned at the game either.

You need to go to the 36ERS site, print out a form, and take it to the ticket booth. You need one print-out per ticket you wish to buy.

The $15 tickets are for the top corners above the concourse, and behind the basket.

Reply #18967 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

But Isaac, spectators can move down into vacant seats if they wish.

Reply #18968 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I have been trying to pump up the tickets on 5aa so the word is getting out to those who listen to sports shows

Reply #18972 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have heard of a case recently where security staff asked to see tickets and stopped that from happening.

Worth a shot I guess, but it's up to each person as to whether they want to do that or not.

Reply #18975 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I do it nearly every game, I try to be as loud as possible and rev up the oldies down near the front row.

Reply #18981 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

It seems cry cry cry has nothing more to say... Yogee, a championship team is always going to put in a good performance, especially against a good rival, but the sixers are hard to beat at home and you know with players like Maher, Farley and Dusty that the loss to Melbourne would have hurt and they weren't going to let that happen again.
Dusty, keep tearing it up!

Reply #19009 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yes,a championship team will put in a good performace.

There was only 1 team that was a championship on court on Friday night....and they were wearing yellow & purple, and I even use that loosely considering how many players from last season weren't there...but they ARE reigning champions, so they deserve to be called the championship team till someone (hopefully the 6ers) wrest that mantle from them this season.

Reply #19066 | Report this post

cry cry cry  
Years ago

waa waa waa.......... get a life panther... u could start by changing clubs to somewhere decent

Reply #19187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754