Anonymous
Years ago

ABC Keeps TV Coverage of WNBL

I received this email this afternoon:

Thank you for your email regarding the Women's National Basketball League (WNBL).

A number of viewers have expressed concern following media reports about the ABC's coverage of WNBL. I'm happy to inform you that the ABC has announced it will continue live broadcasts for the 2008-09 season. Details of the announcement can be found at: http://www.abc.net.au/contact/recent_response/s2302882.htm

Thanks again for writing to the ABC. I hope you enjoy the 2008-09 season.

Topic #16486 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I received the same and it's great news.

Well done to all who wrote in

Reply #194143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice to see basketball fans untie to save basketball coverage. I recieved the same email.

Reply #194150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ABC Response: ABC Television has today confirmed it will continue coverage of the WNBL, including live broadcasts of the 2008-2009 WNBL season. The live matches will screen on Friday nights on ABC2, and a highlights package will screen on ABC1 on Saturday afternoons.

ABC TV acknowledges the widespread support for the continuation of live coverage of the WNBL, and takes very seriously its position as the leading broadcaster of women's sport in Australia. The 2008-2009 season marks the ABC's twentieth year covering the WNBL.

Reply #194152 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

Well done all 6 of you. You do realise that the ABC must be law show a certain amount of women's sport.

Reply #194163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I knew someone was going to say something like that.

Yes but they originally wanted to (and were allowed to) cut their WNBL coverage in half by getting rid on their live Friday night coverage and only having their Saturday arvo replay.

"The ABC has received correspondence from a number of WNBL supporters expressing concern over the continuation and extent of WNBL coverage on ABC Television for the upcoming season."

Do you think they'd say that and keep the coverage because 6 people complained. It was a good effort from basketball fans so stop trying to shit all over what they did.

Reply #194168 | Report this post

William 79  
Years ago

It was like that a couple of years ago anyway and you need digital to see ABC 2 anyway.

Reply #194172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thank god

Reply #194204 | Report this post

2 tempting  
Years ago

well william_79 get into the 21st century, set top boxes only cost $50 and then you to can have digital HD TV!!

Reply #194224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754