Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball radio shows in Aus?

Are there any basketball radio shows in Australia? Or only basketball mentions on sports shows?

Topic #16514 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA's own Coast FM - Tuesday nights.

Reply #194505 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

SEN in Melbourne would surely have something?

I remember Gaze did a show on Sunday's 5 yrs ago or so before it folded in Adelaide after 3-6 months.

Reply #194507 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I read somewhere that Big V have a radio program on one of the local radio programs as well.

SEN do talk basketball, just not sure at what days and times.

Reply #194515 | Report this post

DoDaBonk  
Years ago

5aa on Sundays had a show with David Wildy and Al Green from around 3.30 - 4pm. Don't know if it's still going to be on, but it was last season.

Reply #194520 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

5AA or ABC?

David Wildy sounds familiar and I thought he's from ABC especially since they call the 36ers on radio.

SEN basketball was on Sunday from what I remember. 11am or 1pm. But check it out for yourself as I could be very wrong.

Reply #194527 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

That sunday sports show on 5AA is only in summer when there is no football.

Reply #194538 | Report this post

Apollo86  
Years ago

The overall media coverage of basketball, compared to days gone bye is generally pretty sad!!!! It's great to finally see Cn 9 showing some free to air NBL and full marks to the ABC for continuing WNBL- however the Saturday edition of the SA Advertiser has no basketball that I can see today - not even a few lines on this weekend's ABA games - pretty poor. Now I know it's a showdown weekend in Adelaide but when the Advertiser give Adelaide Utd and even rugby better coverage you've got to wonder what the $$$$ is going on!!!
Does anyone know why Boti has not been in the Advertiser recently? Tom Zed seems to be handling the b - ball. Is Boti on the way to China? His articles, b - ball knowledge and dry sense of humour are a reason to buy Adelaide's only daily rag!

Reply #194568 | Report this post

DoDaBonk  
Years ago

Yeah, It's 5aa on Sundays in summer when there's no football. ie When the NBL season is happening.

Reply #194684 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754