southd
Years ago

boomers in nba 09

if anyone didnt know nba o9 has the boomers

http://nbalive09.nba-live.com/communityday/index.php?go=fiba

Topic #16523 | Report this topic

tmagz_03  
Years ago

how the hell can england and iran be rated ahead of australia? thats just stupid

Reply #194584 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hahahahaha funniest thing

Reply #194585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please note however that we were told that the ratings in the build we played were still a work in progress so these ratings may not reflect what we see in the finished game.

hahahahaha tmagz_03 & Ricey can't read. Funniest thing

Reply #194586 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Iran should not be rated above Australia, but if the makers of the game are basing the ratings on future potential than you gotta say England look pretty good. They could base the ratings on the amount of NBA Players
In the 2006 Commenwealth Games, England had Steve Bucknall and John Amaechi who both played NBA. In the 2012 Olympics in London the team will have Luol Deng, Ben Gordon and Kelenna Azubuike-3 quality NBA Players.

Australia are better than England now, but i doubt it they will be come 2012.

Reply #194587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should also include some Euroleague teams and reaname in FIBA instead of nba live.

Reply #194589 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

NPBHS, that's ridiculous. Three players don't make a team. Unless they can find more players who can qualify for citzenship we will be better by a long way in 2012.

Reply #194591 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

Ok, so 3 players don't make a team. That's right. They have some other plays who know how to play. Also have another NBA player,Pops Mensah-Bonsu, who played one season at Dallas. But if you look at those 3 main players-Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and Azubuike are all damn good players.
Very guard orientated I know, but Pops Mensha-Bonsu is a 6"11 center, who provides the height.
Oh and your comment about How 3 people don't make a team-Well remember Lebron's Cavs reaching the NBA Finals-He was the only one good player, but he carried his team.
Australia should be pretty good in 2012, but you never know what England could be like. Who from Australia could guard a Deng type player or Gorden Or Azubuike. They are too quick. People rate Australian Basketball so much, but the fact is playing for the NBL is nothing, compared to the level of competetion in Europe. Everyone rates guys like Ogilvy and Mills and Bruce when all they have done is play NCAA Division 1 basketball-That's a great acheivement by Australian standards, but by Int'l standards thats nothing. ALL the rising stars from Spain, Italy, Greece,Crotia, Slovenia etc. have played in competetions in Europe which is much stronger than NCAA College Ball.
Playing College Ball doesn't mean much at International Level-No-one can argue with that.

Reply #194593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And how many NBA or Euroleage players has New Plymouth produced then...

Reply #194600 | Report this post

NPBHS  
Years ago

None. Hey Mate, Let's not get personal here, I was referring to Australia as a whole(20 million people), and you are reffering to one small cuty of 69 thousand.
Also how did you know i was from New Plymouth. Did you google NPBHS?

Reply #194603 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I googled it, and got pictures of New Plimooth Buckeyed Hippy Syndicate. wtf??

Reply #194604 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Wow, they have Pops? All 2.4ppg, 1.8rpg of him? I'm sure Bogut (14/10 NBA big), Anderson (Euroleague star, only out of the NBA because he hasn't been offered enough cash), Ogilvy (likely lotto pick next year) and Jawai (Toronto Raptor) are shaking in their boots....

The international game isn't about one on one mathcups. If it were, the US wouldn't have gone without a 1st place since 2000. In fact, if LeBron could get to the Finals by himself, why coudn't he win the US a gold medal at the 06 champs, even when he had all that help? So saying a trio inculding an 17/6 SF, a jumpshooting, undersized 2 and a role player from the NBA will beat a well rounded team isn't the wisest action.

Mills/Newley/Ingles/Ogilvy/Bogut + Bruce/Maric/Anderson V Gordon/Azubuike/Deng/Joel Freeland (he's English I think?)/???? + UK league stars....

You can't tell me that you are confident that Austrlia wouldn't be better. Eventhough, as you said, you never know, I just don't think that Luol Deng and Ben Gordon equals great international team.

Anyway, arguing about the English basketball team on a Saturday night is stupid. I'm off... ;)

Reply #194605 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

ahhhhh anon i did read... im laughing at the ratings now ya d*ck
so hahahaha stop trying to be a smart ass and get ur hand off it

Reply #194607 | Report this post

N.A.B.C #16  
Years ago

how are iran rated higher than aussie?
iran got cained by australia.
but they didnt even have their huge guy on. the jaber dude, in adelaide game, they put him on with like 2 minuts left, and he got more applause than any other event that occured that night, and then he hit a shot within like 10 seconds
their coach needs help, big dude is killa!

Reply #194661 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I thought it was North Plympton BHS......

Reply #194664 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Nice to see the game designers cater for American audiences; having not included the fact that Argentina and Spain are currently considered "better" than the states.

Oh well, the first thing you do is take on the USA with Australia and win by 41 points.

Reply #194688 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

wonder if de hav da yanks get beat up be de Greeks in dis game??? ... naw !!

Reply #194751 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Marty, of course the US are going to the best in the game. If we look at individual talent, than no other team comes close.

Reply #194763 | Report this post

acg  
Years ago

IRAN IS ONE OF THE TEAMS ON NBA LIVE??? THATS A LAUGH ??CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF PORTUGAL IS THERE TOO?? WE ARE NOT GREAT AT BASKETBALL BUT WE ARE BETTER THAN ENGLAND IRAN AND WE EVEN WON TO ISRAEL

Reply #217245 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754