RJ
Years ago

Save NBL

NBL is taking a big hit in the arse this year, no Kings and no Bullets, who could be next on the chopping board no one knows& So we as fans of basket ball must all rally together and do our best to save the NBL. Things we can do are.

- Attend as many games as possible

- Bring your mates to the games

- Bring your family

- Become a member of your favourite club

- Get more involved with Basket Ball

- Buy Australian Jerseys, NBA is great but to many people represent it and it's only by chance you actually see someone wearing a jersey.

- Get stickers on your car

- Only ever talk about the NBL

- Get as many people as you know to write emails and letters to TV, Radio Stations, Newspapers local and international demanding more coverage of the NBL.

- Play basketball with your younger family members (eg little brothers, sisters, cousins, nephews, nieces) Keep getting younger people involved in basket ball.

- Wear your colours when out and about.

- Buy NBL gear.

Anymore ideas I'll be interested in hearing. I personally am writing to each Radio Station, Television Station, Newspapers to demand NBL coverage I am also emailing these people and I'm also getting my mates involved. Please we must do what we can to keep the NBL going for years to come.

Become a member of of your favourite team today!
[36ers] [Blaze] [Crocodiles] [Dragons] [Hawks] [Taipans] [Tigers] [Wildcats]

Write an Email/Letter/Phone to the Following

Channel 7

Head Office
Seven Network Limited
38-42 Pirrama Road

Pyrmont NSW 2009
Ph: (02) 8777 7777

News Central
52 Martin Place
Sydney NSW 2000

Production Centre
Mobbs Lane
Epping NSW 2121

For all correspondence:
PO Box 777 Pyrmont NSW 2009

Channel 9

Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999

Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111

Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999

Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111

Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

NSW Viewers: PO Box 27 Willoughby, NSW 2068
Vic Viewers: PO Box 100 Richmond, Vic 3121
QLD Viewers: PO Box 72 Brisbane, QLD 4001

Alternatively contact your local Channel Nine or Win Network Station from your local white pages.

Channel 10

Sydney
1 Saunders St
Pyrmont, NSW 2009
GPO BOX 10, Sydney, NSW 2001
Ph: 02 9650 1010
Fax: 02 9650 1111

Melbourne
Como Centre Level 4/ 620 Chapel St
South Yarra, VIC 3141
Private Bag 5000, South Yarra, VIC 3141
Ph: 03 92751010
Fax: 03 92751011

Brisbane
Sir Samuel Griffith Dr
Mt Coot-tha, QLD 4066
GPO BOX 751, Brisbane, QLD 4001
Ph: 07 3214 1010
Fax: 07 3369 3786

Adelaide
80 Hutt Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Postal Address, Locked Bag 10
Adelaide, SA 5001
Ph: 08 8225 1010
Fax: 08 8225 1011

Perth
Cottonwood Cr
Perth, WA 6062
PO BOX 10, Mirrabooka, WA 6941
Ph: 08 9345 1010
Fax: 08 9344 8076

Tripple J

Contact Link

mail
triple j
GPO Box 9994
in your capital city
Australia

phone
Call 1300 0555 36 to contact programs during talkback or Super Request (6pm-9pm AEST) or text/SMS 1975 7 555

There are plenty more people you can write to, to demand NBL!

Topic #16524 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Good on you RJ.

Reply #194592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i will do exactly that! we need more people like this man.

Reply #194596 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

But what NBL stuff can we buy here? Jerseys!!! thats it!!!

if they had jumpers and all that sort of stuff aswell likie the NBA then im sure we would see more NBL clothing around.

Reply #194601 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes. Getting a bit on fiveaa, now. A few interesting interviews, recently. Ninnis,Goorjian,Bogut, amongst others.
Phil working there, now.
Watch 4 corners on Monday night regarding the Kings.

Reply #194610 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If that was the same as what was just on sportsline on Fox. The new Sydney Spirit Basketball team training out of Auburn Stadium in Sydneys' West.

Reply #194614 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

This 4 corners is 'Liar, liar pants on fire' about Firepower and what they have done to sport in this country.

Reply #194615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon the reason being why the NBL has been in slow recline is because of the lack of Television coverage of the NBA.

I believe this has been forced by the NBL to try and improve it's television standing.. BUT IT DON"T WORK THAT WAY! ... I believe that during the nineties Basketball was huge in Australia and that was a direct result of the younger generation being able to watch the NBA (best of the best) on a regular basis and the general public were more basketball aware in Australia.

You don't see soccer doing that, it's all over SBS internationally and and their competition goes from strength to strength.

I like to play street ball and support the Tiapans and go to the odd game here and there.

If i see basketball being played on TV (any comp), it sparks my head, I feel like playin some ball!, If I go and play some ball I talk to the lads that like basketball and we go... hey ... lets go to the stadium to see the Tiapans play ... it an't rocket science.

It is a hobby for me though it don't rule my life, I used to watch more basketball on TV than Rugby League but these days I only watch League cause i don't have Cable TV and the result is I play less ball to no ball to going down the park and playing touch.

I have recently been getting back into it because of Jawai which is why I am here writing this.

Would be great to see Bogut on court, Myabe Jawai one day, I remember the ol days watchin Luke Longley cruzin round with Jordan.

Just my thoughts... Keep Australian basketball alive... the more it is in your face it works like advertising.

Reply #194677 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Lets get rj onto the board of management . Wow bit of enthusiasm buy more importantly positive aggressive action .

Reply #194697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there ain't nothing we can do, the management itself so dumb and f**ked up...they just need to promote that shit somewhere so people actually knows about the games and i aint talking about stupid radios i'm saying posters, flyers around the shops etc. and work harder to get their ass on free-air tv (wnbl's on) so don't want to hear those stupid excuses. and government funding would help too

Reply #194704 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Radio is an important PART of it, in particular, the drive home. As are ALL the things RJ has mentioned, as are posters and flyers, as you say.

Reply #194705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

radio ads you can miss it and prime time cost so much money too, posters and flyers are there all time

Reply #194737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #203400 | Report this post

Tina  
Years ago

Unless it is televised on Tv (live games)as it was back 15 years ago. It will never be the same. Sponsers aren't interested because only people turning up to the games see the advertising.There are thousands of kids who play basketball every week but if you asked them to name some NBl players they would't have a clue. You can't even buy jerseys let alone anything else. Our own sport shops don't back basketball. You are not going to fill a stadiums unless people no it's there. Give the kids there basketball stars, promote it as well as you promote NRL and AFL stars.
Very angry baketball fan

Reply #203401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:13 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754