LC
Years ago

CJ Bruton may miss Beijing

Bruton has badly done his ankle and may miss the Olympics...story on NBL website: http://linky.com.au/qw2a9

Topic #16529 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Rolled an ankle, rested two days. Should be training now. Scary if he did it in Beijing, with our young guards.

Reply #194625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i highly doubt he will miss the olympics

Reply #194628 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I was worried something like this might happen then i remembered Jingles can run the point. If any 19 yr old could handle the pressure in this situation i'd say Mills could, if CJ goes down can we replace him with another player such as Mee or Aaron Bruce?

besos

Reply #194630 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

Can't use Mee I don't think as we can only have one naturalised American.

Reply #194632 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Correct kingjames...I think Goorj would look at Kendall, but I would prefer Bruce - if CJ misses.

Reply #194641 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

yeah bruce should get the call up, he proved himself last olympics... him and mills would be hard to stop at point position, they can run and shoot better than alot of other PGs in the tournament

Reply #194643 | Report this post

D K Lillee  
Years ago

Proved himself at the last Olympics?

And they don't ran and shoot better than a lot of college guards, not to mentions NBA and International ones!

What sort of crack are you smoking Ricey?

Reply #194657 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Yeah, not sure Bruce is the answer, was coming off the bench as a senior in college, bit of a leap up to the Olympics! Not sure what the answer is though.

Reply #194659 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Once again, this shows up our inability to produce (or groom) decent point guards - Mills will hopefully change that, but he is probably not going to be ready for another 2 years (though by all accounts he is coming along faster than anyone thought)... Kind of ironic - but now we have decent bigs - we struggle to come up with a good, experienced backcourt... No Gaze, no Valdy (scoff all you want he was a great international level PG)... I'd say come the next WC's in Turkey we will be a real good balanced team - Beijing might be asking too much (our young backcourt tyros might still be a little too green) - but we are definitely on the rise...

Reply #194660 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

i'm pretty sure bruce did well last time he played for Aus, and was able to come off the bench and produce a good spark for the team... Mills is ready for international, no doubt about that, he was probably the highlight of the series against NZ

Reply #194663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too right Johnny, couldn't have said it better myself.

Reply #194681 | Report this post

D K Lillee  
Years ago

Ricey,

Bruce was inconsistant at best.

And New Zealand weren't good enough to qualify for the olympics and don't have any point guards of note.

Not saying Mills isn't a champ, just the he and Bruce are not SENIOR international quality yet.

Reply #194695 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dey should get former NBA player shane heal bac if de guy can't mak it !!! heal can light it up in international comp and is xperienczed

Reply #194746 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

No need for panic,Goorj has been trialling Barlow for this reason.Mills,Joe & Barlow if needed can get it done.

Reply #194797 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

mills isn't international quality? i'm fairly sure that Mee wasn't doing a thing and was useless, but when Mills would come on he would tear it up, you must be crazy to think he isn't up to international standard

Reply #194817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754