curtley
Years ago

Boomers Bronze question

Does anyone know if Alonzo Mourning was ever convicted of steroids or using performance enhancing drugs? His sudden ability to bulk up mid-career and kidney damage suggests he was on 'em. The NBA has a fairly blase stance on steroid use, 10 game suspensions etc. Had Mourning ever officially been charged with use, this would automatically hand the Boomers the Bronze for the 2000 Olympics right?

Topic #16530 | Report this topic

Kingjames  
Years ago

Gees thats a low blow targeting Mourning like that! He was always a tank from what I remember. I would be very shocked if he was doing Steroids and doubt so very much!

Reply #194631 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

does raise questions though... he has managed to keep that shape and bulk for a long time... never thought he would do it, but is possible

Reply #194642 | Report this post

Bolder  
Years ago

They do enough tests to determine that type of thing. The Olympics do their own tests anyways, so the NBA being soft on it doesnt wouldnt even come into it.

Reply #194646 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

I dont think we would have taken them he had a great career..... and would have stayed in the gym with all the time off so easy for him to stay in shape and he is probably one of the fariest guys in the nba so i think thats a bit cheap but a fair point

Reply #194676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not sure, don't think so though...

Reply #194678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't he do a men's health article around 9-12 months ago about him being 40+ and still at the *peak* of his game? There were a few other *eltie* athletes being 40+ plus and still competing professionally, from memory...

Reply #194679 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Curtley, unless you have a little more evidence in your pocket I think you should acquaint yourself with the concept of 'slander'.

Reply #194730 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

de closest de boomers hav of a bronz is der tan !! ... as far Morning .. well he so shot up with de drugs (due to da kidneys) dat ya can't tell wat he got in his blood no more !!!

Reply #194750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought school holidays were over...

Go back to school 'playa'

Reply #194757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754