Kent Brockman
Years ago

Dusty the new Aaron Trahair

good to see the man has gotten a new deal and will still be around the league at the hawks

Topic #16542 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I think he needs another 4 clubs before he is in Aaron Trahairs league.

Reply #194718 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Dusty has game though, Trahair has an eating disorder..

Reply #194719 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Trahair has a game, its called 'Eat the Pie'

Reply #194722 | Report this post

DR  
Years ago

Trahair could hoop, flat out hoop.

Reply #194779 | Report this post

Years ago

I know he was/is a pretty good 3-point shooter, but apart from overdoing it and taking too many of those outside shots (and ending up with a sub-40% field goal percentage each season), what has Aaron Trahair ever really done that's that great?

Reply #194793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Captain Australia.

Reply #194798 | Report this post

DR  
Years ago

hOOP

Reply #194823 | Report this post

Years ago

Yea but what's he done to deserve the captaincy? He's not that great a player IMO is what I'm saying.

Reply #194842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad Rychart is leaving Brisbane- he did nothing but bitch and whinge about other players and management in Brisbane during the off-season.
A player that craps on about loyalty but has none himself should not be here.
Many fans in Brisbane feel that the only good thing about folding is that we didn't have to re-sign him.

Reply #194945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea bro.. a real unprofessional ungrateful dickhead who bit the hand that fed him in the end. bye bye dusty!

Reply #194946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like the hawks are the next team he will dump on when it no longer convenient to be there

Reply #194947 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

bit the hand that fed him? how exactly did that happen?

as far as i know almost every player at Brisbane is still owed money.

When was it no longer convenient for Dusty to be in Brisbane? when he stopped getting paid or when the owner almost went bust or when the team licence was handed back to the league or when the white knight fell through twice?

Reply #194952 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Also should add it is more a case of Brisbane left not only him but the whole league.

Reply #194953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dusty bitched and moaned the whole way thru.
yes there are players who have not been paid- not many tho and that was eddy's responsibility.
all the players were paid until 15 june which is what eddy owed and upheld.
none of this had even taken place when he started running them down, while simultaneously complaining to everyone that he wasn't being told anything or being offered a contract by the bullets.
last time we checked, there were 11 other guys in the same boat, but everything is always all about dusty- me, me, me!
dusty is the same guy who used to get paid cash in the hand for 'good' performance, while some players didn't get their proper payments nhot even including bonuses.
please don't try to tell me different, coz i actually am in brisbane, and that is how it really happened.
feel free to let personal opinions of him color your judgement, but we're on the side of facts, not fiction... he's hardly gonna admit any of this.
as for the licence issue, it's public knowledge that wasn't handed back lightly, and dusty wasn't what the new look team was looking for- bad attitude, wanting more money that what had been made known the new team could afford, etc- they wanted team players and signed em- unfortunately they had to release them when it was obvious a buyer couldn't be found so late in the game.
you need to get your facts straight- management did the ethical thing and penalised nobody, except bruton and boucher for signing under grounds they weren't supposed to- all the other guys did the right thing.

Reply #194962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry that should read all the players were paid up to that date.

Reply #194963 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #194962, now you can really sound convincing just by telling us who anonymous really is and your position as far as being an authority in what you say.

Reply #194977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ec i'm connected with management but not prepared to give you my full name, address, phone number, etc to satisfy your curiosity.
dusty has been unpopular since news first broke during the semi finals series for his outlook and publicised thoughts on everything from (his version of events)of eddy's finances and investments (which only those close to eddy's inner circle would know- we certainly aren't privvy to it, so we're not sure how he thinks he is such an expert) and various other topics connected with the Bullets demise- the majority of what he discussed with people was inaccurate and inappropriate, however, being a fan of dusty, i suppose you would see it another way- that is your choice.
that is all i will say on the matter and sincerely hope for his benefit, that he learns to choose his words and beliefs a little more accurately in future, as he has got a lot of people up here offside but only has himself to blame for it.

Reply #195046 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

If Dusty's thoughts have been published then you shoyuld be able to provide a link to a quote correct?

I'll just wait here while you go off and do that.

Reply #195108 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon, my opinion was not in question because I did not give one. You did all the talking and naturally requesting some confirmation of the accuracy of your statements is not unusual.

Reply #195141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoa- how did I miss this topic?!
Looks like the people above beat me to it but nothing in this content surprises me in fact it's pretty much on the mark of what I've been told by other players both old and new roster.
By the way, there are many more forms of human communication than just the internet Ben-
you might want to try it sometime- you might learn something!
As for the people that have posted on this topic- I have to agree with what's been said as all this stuff is common knowledge up here in inner circles.

Reply #195272 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

"Publicised thoughts" were the exact words used. Where were they publicised. Can any of the above anononymouses provide that link. Your arguments are all hearsay while the confirmation of evidence is continually being avoided. Just find a link to the facts and then be done with it. No more comments on this subject please unless it is evidence.

Reply #195287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh for goodness sake EC-
nobody is going to jump through hoops to convince you or others for whome this is new news.
Believe what you like because I'd like to see how emails and verbal conversations are supossed to contain links.
Do you guys live your lives entirely on the net?
How sad.
No other topic has required bullet-proof "evidence".
How about next time you have any sort of comment or opinion on anything, the rest of us insist on iron clad evidence or refute your claims and tell people not to discuss the topic until you provide it?
This is getting stupid.

Reply #195367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah who made ec judge jury and executioner or maybe ec thinks she can just make executive decisions on behalf of everyone else?
if she don't already know the story then theres no chance of convincing her of the obvious.
maybe she needs to go to another topic seeing that no amount of evidence would make her see whats in front of her anyways!
who cares what she think anyway!

Reply #195369 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

"maybe she needs to go to another topic seeing that no amount of evidence would make her see whats in front of her anyways!" What evidence? none has been forthcoming. I have a problem with the word "publicised" Where was it publicised? Provide a link then we will all know. I am not acting as jury and executioner because the only consequence of not providing this evidence is lack of credibility on your part. To confuse matters, I suppose I am dealing with 2 different annonymouses here. Who knows, you both have the same name. For the annonymous who claims to be connected to management as proof of what you say is correct, don't you think you are acting a little unprofessional going on a public forum with this information.

"Do you guys live your lives entirely on the net?" The answer for me is NO. I work full time and spend 55 hours per week away from home with no internet access at work. I also have a 2nd job as a mother, wife and housekeeper. My life is pretty full on most of the time so no I don't live my life entirely on the net. However I do get some enjoyment in discussing matters related to basketball. I also show professionalism in my job by keeping the information contained to the 4 walls I work in and during working time.

Reply #195375 | Report this post

Anonymous, it seems as though you're damned if you shed light on the topic, and you're damned if you don't!
Some people will always twist and turn what they say in order to think they're right.
Let her believe what she wants- clearly she can't handle the truth, let alone a discussion about it!
I think she's already had more energy spent on it than what it even deserves...

Reply #196618 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

AIR TRAHAIR

Reply #264395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754