Anonymous
Years ago

Jacob Holmes Injury?!

Jacob injured his ankle against the Tigers on Wednesday.

To my surprise he limped to the bench and proceeded to re-strap his own ankle! What happened to team doctors, surely things can't be that bad that they can't fly a doctor/physio with them?

Surely Bauer(?) could have some training in this area, even only basic stuff like how to strap an ankle.

Jacob had to wait for a security guard to get some ankle strap from the Tigers. Surely they would take a basic sports first aid kit with them?

If it does cost to much, than why not have a nuetral sports doc at every game provided by the home team. If this is the case were was he?

I'm not surprised Jacob re-injured his ankle last night against the Kings with the kind of treatment/help the club seemed to offer.

Must make the players feel real good about the club they are playing for.

Is this neglect of workers!

Topic #1655 | Report this topic

Dumb & Dumber  
Years ago

Injured it Wednesday and played again Friday???!!!

Doh!! SSOO stupid for own body. No wonder players go down hill so fast and at early ages!! Suppose next some Doctor will prick him with a needle so he can play!! ... omFg!!

Reply #18894 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

As if he didn't get Darren to tape it for him.

Reply #18896 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Then why didn't Darren pop his own finger back in on Wednesday? :D

Reply #18898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its funny, i think u might find that paul Does do a lot of the strapping, as for injections to play, sadly happens all the time. Cortizone is the devil.

Reply #18935 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I wish I had Bauer's job. Sit on my ass and do nothing while all the other people run around for him. I hear its a pretty well paid job.If Jacob wasn't looked after, I think its pretty poor.

Reply #18936 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Team doctors dont play, as the flight sponsorship only allows for 10 players, 2 coaches and a team manager. Any additional seats have to be purchased by the club.

Each home team is meant to have their doctor at games, and available to the visiting team (Fox showed Darren going off with the Tigers doc on Wednesday to re-locate the finger.....the tension needed to repair a dislocation prevents you from doing it yourself....properly)

As for Bauer being able to strap ankles...once again it is something that requires proper training to do it effectively and correctly. It is an actual sports trainers course. As for a team manager sitting around doing nothing, I dont know much about the job, but what I've seen at trainings, and behind the scenes stuff, it is very short of nothing.

They are the people responsible for ensuring all the uniforms are at the game and available, that the players have their gear, on the road they make sure the players know what is happening, they do the wake up calls, they ensure everyone gets on buses/planes on time, basically they baby sit the players, so the players just have to focus on the game, and their role in that.

Reply #18942 | Report this post

Dumb & Dumber  
Years ago

3 Points

1) The Club cannot afford one more cost for a good Sports Trainer at home or away games (forget Doctors as many are only into drug cures from my experience) says a lot on how we in this State, do NOT look after our most valued, income-earning asset doesn't it!!? Play injured, shorten your career. reduce your income potential and pay for it when u get older!

2) Elite athletes must take own responsibility for their bodies, but alas many do not know or understand or forget or ignore basic and sensible advice or education given them, assuming they got it in the first place. Maybe learn how to strap yourself too.

3) Tell anyone with a "needle" they offer you, to shove it up their xxxxxx and not in your body! Don't play until you feel ready to!

Trust JH is ok & the rest of the team!!

Reply #18946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jacob also had gastro which didn't help.

Reply #18949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that players should have the knowledge (and I trust most do) to strap their own ankles etc.

But during a game, you've just come limping off in obvious pain!

As for Bauer, he was sitting next to Jacob just watching the game whilst Jacob straps away. That's a bit ridiculous.

On the Darren thing - The incident happened in front of the Tigers bench, he came straight of court and headed to the tigers bench than they took him out of the public sight to 'fix' it up.

Bauer didnt even go along to see if he was ok, just remained on the end of the bench watching the game!

Reply #18957 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Hopefully he pulls up ok for the next game, he seemed in no discomfort when he walked onto the court after half time

Reply #18978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ithink it would be better to have the therapists travel with the team rather than the doctor, as they are all qualified in strapping, fixing dislocations, rubbing bodies as well as egos, all trained in first aid, anything more serious goes to hospital any way. Perhaps they should be extra qualified in baby sitting and Paul can stay home in adelaide!

Reply #19074 | Report this post

courtney  
Years ago

hallo

Reply #71515 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:17 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754