Anonymous
Years ago

Buy iphone 3G now, or wait?

I know there have already been a few iphone threads but I read somewhere that the "3" network might be getting the iphone in august and that their plan are going to be better than all the current ones and that this should also force all the other providers to lower their prices aswell. Anyone know anything about this? Should I just get an iphone now or wait.

Topic #16558 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

wait, can tell you now 3 will miss the boat data wise. mate works in head office. even hes talking it down,

also i would wait seeing a reasonable amount of returns.

optus def have the best plans,

cant believe telstra missed the boat so badly in the plans

Reply #194837 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

telstra miss the boat on everything..

Reply #194839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is everyone so desperate to get one? If you wait a couple of months, the hype will die down, which will probably mean companies will lower the prices to sell more units.

Reply #194843 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

And, even though I'm a self confessed Blackberry fan, there are devices other than both BBs AND iPhone coming that look pretty damned impressive.

There is a LOT of companies looking for an iPhone killer and I'd sit tight and see what they come up with over the coming months.

I just read an article rating the iPhone really high for :-
- desirabilty
- functionality
- CRAPPINESS of Camera
- appeal to media ponces

Its not the be all and end all of phones.

Reply #194871 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ignore DICKO, he is just a hater.

As for "hype", sure, it'll die down, but the demand wont. Take the resale value of the first iPhone as an example. In the states, you can by an iPhone 3G for less than you sell your old one on craigslist.

Reply #194872 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

DICKO check out the HItler Video thread, XBOX verison, there is somethng in there that would appeal to you i reckon.

Reply #194876 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"In the states, you can by an iPhone 3G for less than you sell your old one on craigslist."

That's not all that unsual with any Mobile. Demand is there becuase people are comntracted to a carrier but have broken or lost their phone. Its often cheaper for them to buy another phone outright than have to cough up again under their contract.

I got a mobile free with a plan a few years ago and once the contract ran out and I got it unlocked I got over $200 on ebay for it. The buyer had JUST agreed to a new contract and then dropped her phone a few days later.

FYI, I'm not a hater on anything apple, I own an iPod (2 in fact), have used Macs and think (like the iPhone) they have a place in the Gadget/IT world. Macs make great design machines for Web, print, etc.....they are fantastic as newbie machines. iPhones have some great functionality but none of the features of Macs or iPhones is useful in my world.

In my computer world (the real world of business, windows domains, ERP systems and exchange servers), not the IT world experienced by most people (digg, facebook, twitter, youtube, etc) the Blackberry still reigns supreme and wll likely continue to do so.

If it was convenient for me to change phones when I left the office and had one purely for personal use, I would certainly at least consider an iPhone.

Reply #194886 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The fake iPhones in China are pretty funny - look almost nothing like them.

Reply #194888 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Some knock off look like they're almost taking the
p1$$ out of themselves.......They surely can't be serious with some of the things I've seen.

Reply #194893 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

get wit de times .. buy one now !!

Reply #194899 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

I'm chasing a spark plug for my mower,any deals?
Should I buy now?

Reply #194913 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dats old newz ...betr ta buy a new up to date mower !!!

Reply #194919 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

So player are you suggesting todays modern combustion engine does away with the need for a spark plug?

Reply #194924 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Playa needs to head back to school and hit the books hard so he can learn a bit more about lawn mowers.

Reply #194930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dicko,

Don't BB rely on third party controlled servers to receive mail whereas other units can utilise corporate networks. Advice I have received is security is not as tight with the BB solution??

Reply #194939 | Report this post

Iphone H8er  
Years ago

I have nokia n95 8gb.. my wife has iphone. My nokia n95 8gb shits all over iphone. respect tha architect mofos!

Reply #194958 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

All new nokias are rubbish. Im thinking about an iphone to. Apparently 3 are gunna bring out a great iphone deal in August.

Reply #194997 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"Don't BB rely on third party controlled servers to receive mail whereas other units can utilise corporate networks. Advice I have received is security is not as tight with the BB solution??"

RIM (Blackberry) rely on distribution servers, that THEY own, to distribute your mail globally, yes.

They are heavily encrypted, incredibly secure and they also compress messages so that, even with only GPRS connectivity, they recieve messages quickly as well.

They are actually far more secure than punching a hole through your corporate firewall to allow activesync traffic to and from the Internet.

Activesync also has NO compression, so if someone sends a 4MB video file of a cat on fire, you're getting the whole damned thing whether you like it or not.

It does have SOME encryption, which Microsoft have always proven to be incredibly reliable at. ;-)

Reply #195005 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Funny how these legitimate and reputable companies only ever have hotmail/yahoo accounts.

Since this topic came up again (Thanks Spammer!), I got my new Blackberry Bold yesterday.

LOVE IT!!!!!

3G, Wi-Fi, Beautiful screen, GPS, Multimedia player (Click & Drag automatically converts format to optimise for BB screen), good camera quality, video, voice note recording. Free apps for flickr uploading, google talk, facebook, myspace, ICQ, etc.......I can't think of anything it can't do.

Reply #204402 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754