The Journo
Years ago

ABL Finals -Week One Tips

Women

North v Forestville @ Hillcrest
The Eagles won the last encounter, but North would have learnt a lot from that result.
North just I say, home court to get them through to meet Sturt.

North 75-70

Southern v Norwood @ Morphett Vale
I can't go past the 'on fire' Flames.
Tigers have no one to stop Foley and Beatty will have to play a huge game for Southern to be any chance.

Norwood 80-65

Men

South v Sturt @ Marion

Probably the biggest home court advantage in the competition. The Panthers should get through reasonably comfotable, but not without a well planned fight by Flynn's men.

South 85-77

North v Norwood @ Hillcrest

The gloves are on again and the huge edge the Rockets have of being at home and recent history in big finals against the Flames will be too much for Norwood.
It will be a close game, but North will have the knockout blows.
Reardon peaking at the right time of the year for mine.

North 100-93

Topic #16562 | Report this topic

Yes, Journo, I think you maybe right, not sure about some of the margins though!

Reply #194875 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I somehow 'suspected' that The Journo would select North to win. May not have gone down well at training should he have gone against them.

Reply #194922 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Excuse my ignorance but what time and day are the games??

Reply #194932 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Sturt will overcome South and when by a good margin of 18 i think... south don't know much about finals apart from reserves finals, Sturt has the experience to beat South

Reply #194933 | Report this post

I love ABL  
Years ago

Can't wait for the Norwood and North mens game.

I know alot of people are tipping North due to the home ground but i'm not too sure...these two teams always have such close games(apart from last years GF), so it usually can go either way.

Does anyone know why Thompson didn't play last week, because if he is injured and isn't playin then i will go for North as that takes away Norwoods big man advantage, but if he is in, then Norwood really should have too much inside scoring power for North to handle...not to mention on the boards...thats if they play smart basketball!

Can't wait for the Mathews/ Burdon match up...i think they will definately guard each other. The only other thing that might happen is if Schueller puts Rowe who is a very good defender on Mathews and gets Burdon to guard Grantham in order to give Burdon a bit of a rest on defence so he can concentrate on offence....but i doubt it. Webber and Zorich will match up, Grantham and Rowe also will be interesting. Whoever can get more out of the 2nd tier players could be the difference. Norwood has Grantham, Ottey, Lamshire, Webber Jnr etc whilst North have Rowe, Quigley, L.Burdon, Mapunda. The outcome of the battle of benches could be a deciding factor.

I am going to pick Norwood by 5, because they lost last time and should make the neccesary adjustments to get them this time. Should be a cracker of a game either way...the launch pad will be rocking!

Reply #194935 | Report this post

South Hooligans  
Years ago

OLE OLE OLE OLE PANTHERS PANTHERS!!

Reply #195345 | Report this post

Who Me?  
Years ago

Congrats to the Panthers on their win Saturday night. A great second half (especially), with all the 7 regulars putting in good performances.

Best of luck at Hillcrest next week.

Good to see a couple of the 36ers out watching this game as well.

Reply #195351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754