lbj
Years ago

hoopcity magazine new aussie hoops mag?

has anybody else got a copy of Hoopcity magazine? its kinda different from the usual mag but i like the amount of aussie content, especially the dmac interview and hook mitchell articles

Topic #16568 | Report this topic

act now  
Years ago

i hope it lasts, i still think one on one was the mac daddy of aussie bball mags. Does anyone else get annoyed with SLAM magazine, it is as pretentious as a sports mag can be IMO.

Reply #194960 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I bought a Hoopcity about 2 months ago. Awesome mini magazine. Plenty of Aussie related stuff and superb D-Mac interview.

I hate Slam magazine with a passion. Too many ads and little content.

I'm still waiting for the 2nd issue and hope this mag takes off.

Reply #194970 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dem hoops mags dont last ..not enuff intersts !!! aussies dont like bball only aussie rulz !!!

Reply #195004 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Hey Player - don't forget we also enjoy deliberately misspelling words and acting like a homeboy ... dat shiz iz wak dawg!

Reply #195008 | Report this post

lbj  
Years ago

aussies have been buying slam for over 10 years, and handle mags been going good for 17 straight issues. people will buy a mag if the quality is good and relevant which is why slam is dieing in the arse here and i hope hoopcity can be the mag australias always needed! i heard jawai could be the cover of issue 2 that should be intresting

Reply #195013 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Handle magazine is Australian and brilliant. Done well ever since it's take off.

Slam is slowly dying in Australia.

Hopefully HoopCity can took off here. I like the sounds of Jawai in issue 2.

Reply #195019 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dawg ur lookin ta get a beatdown !!! .. dont be slammin on slam mag. dat mag is in with it !!

Reply #195040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Handle is about the only CONSISTENT ball mag with local content that I can find in Brissy... shits me off coz I've heard good things about HoopCity.... would be good to put the idea to the test.

Reply #195271 | Report this post

hoop 4 life  
Years ago

Cant wait 4 issue 2

i loved issue 1

favorite part was bit on Allen Iverson and bit on dmac

Go melbourne tig's

oh and I believe hoopcity will help a lot by making basketball in australia much more popular.

from XY (hoopcity 4 life)

Reply #206203 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754