First Blood Rambis
Years ago

Celebrity Autographs - Who'd you get?

Thought I would get Friday's topics underway and was wondering if anyone out there has an autograph of someone famous and how they got it.
Was it by chance, coincidence or did you stalk them out?

Topic #16589 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Clive Lloyd, I just asked him.

Reply #195169 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Gary Payton......My wife ran into him on a flight from Australia to the US (remember when he was out here years ago with some others....Kenny Anderson, Hakeem, etc?)

Reply #195172 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

vanilla ice .. stil got an autogrph on me hands frm years ago dat i havent washed off yet !!!

Reply #195175 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I managed to get Rubens Barrichello, Martin Brundle and Eddie Jordan's signature on my Peugeot cap at the Grand Prix in Melbourne many moons ago wheh the Jordan Peugeot team still existed. It was the year Brundle flipped his car on the first corner on the first lap fo the first Melbourne GP at Albert Park.
I still have that cap, plus another Marlboro one (sponsor of Ferrari at the time) that was signed by Eddie Irvine who drive for Ferrari in the second GP at Albert Park.
I still wish the GP was in Adelaide!

Reply #195176 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Cliff Richard.... I used to like him when I was a small tyke so we wrote to his agent and he sent one back. *embarrassed*

Recently, my brother also wrote to Judge Judy and he got a personalised, signed photo sent back! :s

Reply #195177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

George HArrison - at Grand Prix.

James Worthy - Hilton Hotel

Reply #195178 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

paris hilton .. no autagraph but lotsa fond memories ... i'm inta paris inna big way !!!!

Reply #195179 | Report this post

dee mak  
Years ago

I have a Sonics Starter hat signed by Payton.. NBA Cards official (with COA) signed by Jason Kidd and Andrei Kirilenko.. and NBA cards signed by Julius Hodge, KB, Darnell, Copes and Anstey. NBL cards signed by Maher, Cattaliini, Rees, Vlahov, Bolden , Loggins , Ricky Grace , Dmac . I also have cd covers signed by Questlove and Black thought (the Roots) and Redman and Method Man.

Reply #195180 | Report this post

I got Michael Cooper (LA lakers) out the front of Appollo Stadium. Not an autograph, but Andy Campbell (7'1" West Adelaide Bearcats)once dunked my basketball after I asked him.

Reply #195182 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

Im not one to ask for autographs, but while in the states this year i met Steve Carell, Tobey macGuire, andy garcia, the great Kareem!, Mark jackson, the young brother in supernatural, David arquette and a few B graders. (most were after a lakers game, and some at a nightclub in LA)

All the people i met were very polite, and most i had a photo with, but i always feel very strange asking for an autograph.

Reply #195183 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Don Bradman years ago (obviously).

Cypress Hill 2 years ago...lol

Reply #195185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Jordan
Magic Johnson
Shane Warne
Steve Waugh
Ricky Ponting
Sachin Tendulkar
Brett Lee
Glen McGrath
Jason Gillespie
Andy Bichel
Ian Chappel
Zakk Wylde
Steve Vai

Bought them all except Wylde and Vai...

Reply #195187 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

got mike bibby and jason terrys autographs when they played with arizona against the sixers at the powerhouse while they were in college

Reply #195188 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Michael Jordan
Steve Waugh
Dennis Lillee
too many cricketers actually to remember.

Also sold Carl Hooper a pair of cricket pads when he was playing here. Good bloke, had a great chat with him.

Reply #195193 | Report this post

lbj  
Years ago

I had Pistol Pete's, got it off ebay with a COA for about $150. thought it was fake so i sold it on ebay got $300 for it.

Reply #195196 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

BORIS DIAW SAW HIM IN ARIZONA AT A SUNS EVENT MY DAD LIVES THERE

Reply #195201 | Report this post

bbgun  
Years ago

Certainly not a celebrity but an exceptional footballer - Don Lindner - in about 1964 and still have it, and again on my son's football about 4 years ago.

Reply #195222 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Warnie. I was blessed enough to get his when I was just 7 years old. As you can imagine it was a very happy day for me, and before all his texting scandals.

Reply #195230 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Jeff Fenech- Met him @ the opening of the Bi-Lo Mega Fresh Greenacres back in 1994, which is now a Coles. I have his autobiography named after the famous quote "I love youse all".

Kostya Tszyu- Rebel Sports Autograph session

Various Brisbane Lions players @ Adelaide Airport- Aker, Vossy, Leppa to name a few. Mostly blokes from the Premiership era, rather than the current rebuilding era.

I've met a few Celebs @ 2Day FM back in 1997, when I visited the studio to meet Ugly Phil. Human Nature and Tania Zeaitta to name a couple.

Reply #195232 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Tania Zaetta? Did she "entertain" you and your mates as well?

Reply #195233 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Dicko!

hahahaha

i don't think so. I was an undeveloped 14 yr old @ the time

Reply #195242 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Just tell her you were on tour champ, then it stays on tour...

Unless Angry was there..

Reply #195251 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Hey Rambis, I got Michael Cooper's autograph at Apollo Stadium too. He came her as a guest of the Wildcats.

Also got Evel Knievel's autograph in a hotel in Montana... what a tool! All he talked about was picking up hookers in Kings Cross.

Got Sonny Bono's in Palm Springs before he skiied? into a tree.

A real good mate got Larry Bird's for me... my most prized autographed photo, now framed!

Reply #195254 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I have a framed picture of some import being dunked on by A.Gaze.

Cannot remember who it is though......

Reply #195256 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Was that the import that was claimed as "Michael Jordan of Australian Basketball" DB???

You know.... what's his name....

Reply #195258 | Report this post

old SKOOL  
Years ago

I got Mike Osborne and David Winslow back in the sixer days at Apollo

Also Dr J when in Melb - drove over just to see the doctor - signed my 76ers t shirt

Reply #195263 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

; )

Reply #195275 | Report this post

Don Lindner.... My old man told me he was the best footballer he played with or against... He also said his brother Hank Lindner was the hardest and toughest man alive.

Reply #195276 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

When I was about 5 I saw Mike McKay in a supermarket and he signed the back of my warmup top for me. Still one of my great childhood memories, I guess mainly due to the fact he was such a nice guy and had all the time in the world for me!

Reply #195281 | Report this post

minesbetter  
Years ago

I've got a signed and framed photo of MATT SUTTON !!!

Reply #195290 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Mark Davis signed my eagle super sixers red singlet in 1995,still hanging in my wardrobe.
Also got Brian Wilsons a few years ago at a signing at Big Star, he seemed like he didnt even want to be doing it !

Reply #195295 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

I went to a Sixers traing camp when I was in primary school. Afterwards they were signing autographs but the lines for Mark Davis and Bill Jones were too long so I just got David Spear's instead because there was no-one in his line!

Reply #195311 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

Ian Rush a liverpool f.c legend signed a ball and team poster for me and had a pic taken with my son.

Reply #195340 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Is that Ian Rush poster hanging next to the signed and framed Western Magic jersey Booga????

Reply #195356 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

I live near damien keogh n he goes to my local, he was my idol when i was younger but not anymore. I didn't even ask him for an autograph i just started talkin to him while were both waiting at the bar and he was such an asshole, like he got bothered all the time, which i doubt.

On autographs i got a signed olajuwon/robinson autograph by skybox about 15 yrs ago in a pack of cards, i had to send a coupon off to the states etc to get the actual card. I sold it to a card shop for 500 bucks about 2 months before the shop went broke, it was just as cards stopped being popular.

Got drewy's autograph at the syd olympics, and margo dydek (7ft 4 polish baller chic) who was not only really nice but actually pretty hot. Also got the whole opals team then and got ron barassi to sign a cricket bat, as well as jason smith and CJ who signed a mini cricket bat for me.

Reply #195358 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

TR i keep that in the toilet for when i feel backed up

Reply #195368 | Report this post

Go Opals  
Years ago

Lauren Jackson signed Black And White Mag from 2004!

Reply #195372 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

When I was in primary school I went to a Sixers clinic. Afterwards all of the players were signing autographs. I couldn't be bothered waiting in the long lines for Mark Davis and Bill Jones so I just went to David Spear because there was no line! He signed my training singlet but unfortunately it came out in the wash - it's a shame because I'm sure it would fetch thousands on eBay.

Reply #195546 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Ha ha Rex!! Funny stuff.

The only way that singlet would be worth anything on eBay would be if there was a bidding war between Spear and his mum or dad!

Reply #195565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754