rocket man
Years ago

North one loss away from the offseason

WOW

North shot themselves into a big showdown with the Panthers next week.

the following percentages are unheard of

26% as a team with 2 quarters under 20%.

Burdon 4/21
Reardon 2/18 massive 18 rebounds though
Mapunda 4/13
Hambour 4/14

flames lead by Krause with 28 points and Matthews 2 assists short of a triple double.

Lots of work to be done at Hillcrest.

Anyone know what happend to Ziggy 4 minutes played after starting?

Can South keep up the good work?
Can the flames upset the eagles?

Cant see North shooting like that 2 weeks straight, credit to Norwood for the pressure. All the hype of Hillcrest being the shooting gym it is for the north boys looks to be questioned now.

The dream team is on the ropes.

Topic #16604 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ziggy got ejected, as did hambour and webber later in the game

Reply #195359 | Report this post

flame  
Years ago

Got ejected and should be suspended.

Reply #195360 | Report this post

rocket man  
Years ago

dam what did he do?

what did they all do?

Reply #195362 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

super coach will get them out of trouble!

Reply #195363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

possibility that all 3 might get suspended??

Reply #195364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely not, there was nothing in it

Reply #195366 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Is an ejection an automatic suspension?

Reply #195370 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

Could someone shed some light on what happened? How often is there three ejections in an ABA game

Reply #195376 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

Webber head butted Zorich and Zorich retaliated and got thrown out. Webber then went on to hit Reardon and Hambour throughout the game and Hambour had enough and returned a hit as Webber cut through the lane. This resulted in both players being ejected.
Refs never had control of the game and an advantage i felt was given to the Flames with Zorich being tossed after he was the one that got head butted.
Flames played far better on the night.

Reply #195378 | Report this post

tribunal time  
Years ago

Webber is the one who will be sweating.
King hits walking to time outs should make you sit for a few weeks.

Reply #195380 | Report this post

true  
Years ago

Webber in alot of trouble. Three videos being taken of the game and two got good vision. Very cheap. I am a firm believer in if you go outside the rules of the game then you suffer the consequences. Webber should get weeks. Good luck to him though as Norwood are a much better unit when he is playing basketball. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Reply #195382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was the last time anyone was suspended? Everyone will play next week.

Reply #195383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who king hit who? There was fiestyness but not hits. Flames worked out how to get them off there game. Massive props to Webber for shutting Eze down.

Reply #195384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was just a good hard game, a few tempers flared but thats finals basketball!!!

Reply #195387 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

Cam Wood got 4 weeks in 2003 for squaring up the opposition and touching foreheads, so if there is any consistancy, webber should be in lots of trouble.

Reply #195391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as a spectator it looked like a good hard finals game and it seemed like north didnt like norwoods physical presence. great game by norwood though. had all the answers. if they play like that every week i cant see anyone beating them

Reply #195395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is on tape, surely the Rockets can bring it to the league and have it looked at. If it was a head butt he should get some weeks...there is trying to put people off their game and then there is just plain stupidity...and stupidity should not be rewarded!

Reply #195396 | Report this post

rocky  
Years ago

Its just a pity no one actually saw what is claimed to be a head butt, supposedly not even on camera - so we will wait and see I guess.

Reply #195400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwoods defence was the difference. they really clamped down especially early and schueller and no answer for it

Reply #195403 | Report this post

Camel Toe  
Years ago

Schueller will make some changes, like bringing Dusty back!

Reply #195406 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

I can assure you we do have the footage on camera. The tribunal will see the footage and let me tell you he is in trouble. I don't want Norwood to be disadvantaged but Webber was completely in the wrong. He should and wil get weeks. After viewing the footage a dew times since he will be lucky for anyting less than 6 weeks.I really believe Norwood's chances are gone. Very selfish by Webber.

Another incident from last time these two teams met was the younger Webber grabbing one of the Rockets guys legs whilst he was sitting on the bench(where he belongs). Classy boys. Real classy.

Reply #195410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talking about classy. What about Schueller not shanking hands with anyone. Observer your a wanker. Hard to take a thrashing on the chin?

If I was North I would worry about South more and not the tribunal as it would hurt more losing ziggy and hambour than just webber as Norwood now have the second chance.

Reply #195411 | Report this post

punter  
Years ago

When do we find out the outcome? Can someone please post online? Webber you are trapped in a web of deceit.

Reply #195413 | Report this post

eternal flame  
Years ago

Wasn't at the game and just heard about the incident on this forum.

Just wondering which Webber was it? Andrew or Dan?

Reply #195414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rumour has it that hambour may be in deep water too, for pushing the ref whilst trying to get at webber

Reply #195421 | Report this post

ViDeO  
Years ago

Observer mind posting the so called incident so everyone can take a look?

Reply #195423 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

ahhhh if the ref didn't call anything on webber for the headbutt then it shouldn't be allowed into tribunal... its bullshit if someone can be pinned for something the ref didn't see/call... get off your high horses guys, its men's basketball, don't like it then go watch the womens games where you belong

Reply #195442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahh the old "what happens on the field/court stays on the field" quote has certainly seemed to have gone out the window hasnt it! especially if the referees didnt file a report

Reply #195444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all i can say is we can eliminate two ref names from the mix for the important finals - just not up to it!

Reply #195445 | Report this post

rocky  
Years ago

It will be interesting if this footage does eventuate.

Pretty sure both refs will get a game this week, but I doubt one of them will get a game once they get down to 2 games a night

Reply #195449 | Report this post

Jen  
Years ago

Nathan is the best ump in the league, just ask him

Unfortently he can not work North Adelaide games..........

Reply #195450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just because a ref doesn't see a head butt, doesn't mean someone can not get rubbed out for head butting. If there is evidence, and it warrants an investigation, then there should be one...pretty simple really!

Reply #195451 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Whack the video on YouTube

Reply #195453 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Whilst it was a gutless act by Webber, I doubt the Rockets will lower themselves and pursue it further. Being a thug is not being a tough basketball player, just shows a lack of intelligence. If I was Norwood's coach I'd be concerned that that is the way they won the game....going the knuckle.

Reply #195482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you call a guy who is 5'10 a thug when he was hit, pushed and wrestled by a bloke who is 6'9? If anyone should be in trouble its Hambour who snapped and lost control. Touching an umpire is never acceptable.

As for winning from the 'knuckle', i dont know which game you were watching but from where i was it was won from good defense. All the 'knuckle' seemed to come from North who while bantered, went to fists instead of their mouths.

Did Webber knuckle Burdon? No, but he shut him down to 14 points on 4/20 shooting. Surely that should be more talked about then him being a thug?

Still not a mention of Schueller spitting the dummy and showing no professionalism or class and showed really what sort of person he is.

Reply #195484 | Report this post

Spectator  
Years ago

You need to do what you need to do to win!!
If that means getting under the oppositions skin then so be it. It usually doesnt take much to get under Hambours skin but i was suprised that Ziggy lost his cool. There must have been an incident for him to snap!

In saying that if you do the crime you do the time! With all the video taping of the games these days you need to be alot smarter to get away with dirty play.

Reply #195488 | Report this post

Will-I-am  
Years ago

So Ricey,

If I were to pull a knife and stab you in a game of basketball without the ref "seeing the incident" it would be OK then?

And before you claim that a knife attack and assault are not to be compared, ask David Hooks family if they would rather a stab wound or the 1 hit he took.

As always you my friend are a can short of a six pack!

Reply #195495 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

Im sure North and Norwood have moved on and both Coaching staffs will be working on how to beat their next opponents. Yes Webber was in the wrong but nothing will happen. I tell you what it will do is mean a massive crowd next time these two play. This rivalry keeps growing. As for shaking hands i saw him shake hands so not sure what you are going on about, i also saw Webber shake hands so big deal. bring on the next round.

Reply #195496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawn.. Bring on Forestville.

Reply #195497 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Headbutting an opponent as he walks to a time out = gutless. Refs got it wrong and kicked the wrong player out when he naturally retaliated. Tech for the retaliation sure, but to throw the starting point guard out 4 mins. into the game me thinks may have had a bearing on the outcome!

Reply #195499 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

So the refs need to consider how long is left in the game before making an ejection? I don't think so Tim.

Umpires always see the retaliation and miss the initial incident.

Reply #195508 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ohh yes..you tube please, all of this can be cleared up immediatley.

Not having an involvement either way..to me it sounds like some dummy spitting going on here?

Reply #195536 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Saying Hambour is 6'9 is very generous I would say more like 6'4.

Also if there is video evidence it should be used, its not a case of "oh the umpire didn't see it so bad luck" like some other clueless guy suggested. That clown is suggesting cheap shots are acceptable as long as the umpire doesn't see it.

All players involved in reportable incidents deserve to get suspended for how many games is reasonable for their actions, regardless of if its finals or not.

Lets not turn this great game into a thug game with no skill like football is at all levels besides AFL.

Reply #195544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id say 6'7 to be more accurate.

Nick would be devasted to hear someone thinks he is 6'4!!

http://linky.com.au/a4krs

Reply #195547 | Report this post

OB  
Years ago

looked to me like north got rattled by good defence and some physical play by norwood. If north dont like the rough stuff maybe they dont deserve a title.

Reply #195548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the answer to all of this is to ask the ? why did Zorich act the way he did when he is normally a laid back and relaxed guy.

He didnt just do it for no reason.

Reply #195549 | Report this post

Tiger fan  
Years ago

"Webber then went on to hit Reardon and Hambour throughout the game and Hambour had enough and returned a hit as Webber cut through the lane."
It's quite funny that Hambour is "man" enough to stand up to a guy about a foot shorter than him but when someone his own size like hmmm say Dave Bowley steps to him he goes running and starts crying like a 5 year old girl!
He's so so brave...pffft!

Reply #195550 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Hambour - a girl? No!

Refs always catch the retaliation. If you are a half smart basketballer you would know that. Take a leap out of Panther's book. Cop it on the chin, wait for your time and send 'em to the bench with a smashed face whilst no-one saw a thing!

It always intrigued me the guys who had a "natural ability" to square someone up at the right time and get away with it.

Reply #195605 | Report this post

rocky  
Years ago

Its a pity North have decided not to pursue the case, rumour has it they made the decision based on the fact that their players would end up rubbed out longer than any Norwood player might have got.

Reply #195616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rocky how is that a pity? From your statement it indicates that the North players would be in a lot more trouble indicating that their actions were worse.

How about if Norwood pursued it, Webber, Hambour and Ziggy got a week. Would you back North against South with those players missing?

Reply #195636 | Report this post

Ostrich 48  
Years ago

Why does a club have to pursue it for something to happen.

In this thread the game allegedly involved an attempted headbutt an incident involving numerous players from both clubs and a player pushing/touching a referee.

The League itself should be reviewing the video footage and take action irrespective of what the clubs involved want to do.

More proof that local basketball is run by the clubs and in the end BSA have no real power at all.

Reply #195643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

way to go Norwood....bring back the biff

Reply #195654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what surprised me was how the umpires stepped in between players going everywhere trying to stop it

Surely the refs should stand back and observe and report

In situations like this I can see how refs could be pushed aside (if it did in fact happen)

Reply #195658 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Ostrich - BSA doesn't have any video, even the clubs may not have the video, it is held by various individuals. If push came to shove BSA could only get the video if someone voluntarily handed it over.

The AFL is provided with video for review as part of the TV contract so is in a completely different position.

If there was no report from the game, BSA has very limited grounds to act and very limited powers to require spectators to hand over footage taken at the game.

The refs may not have seen everything, but took appropriate action against the incidents they did see.

These two teams could meet again this season. If they do, it might be worth getting to the game!

Reply #195660 | Report this post

Ostrich 48  
Years ago

DaddyO it is a requirement of the ABL that every game is videotaped by the Home club in case of this very thing happening.

So in fact BSA do have access to video of the game through an official process.

Reply #195664 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

But the clubs have 14 days to provide the video, which would mean any tribunal couldn't be held until the week of the GF.

Reply #195669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs are also supposed to provide floor wipers as well but that didnt happen. Lots of things in Basketball are supposed to happen but dont.

Reply #195678 | Report this post

lamp  
Years ago

there were no reports people no one is gonna miss games. it was a tough game of basketball that it.

Reply #195685 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Will the Webber family please stop posting threads.

Reply #195693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will North people stop whinging?

Reply #195695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tell there is proof otherwise it just sounds like north fans are looking for excuses/whinging for getting there arse handed to them on their own court!!!! GET OVER IT!

Reply #195754 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

According to Rocky, it was the North people that decided not to pursue the case. How does that make North people whingers? It sounds more like the peacemakers. I was not at the game and therefore reluctant to comment on the game but it sounds like there was a lot of pushing and shoving on both sides. With the grand final only a few weeks away and both these teams are still in the running, it makes sense to me to let the matter rest and concentrate on the games ahead.

Reply #195758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep talking it up Norwood - we all know what happens to your coaching panel in really big games..arrghhhh!!

Reply #195776 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Not just the coaching panel either.

The fact is that the last game counts for squat. The next time they meet it will be a winner takes all match (either the GF or the prelim).

Reply #195787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Observer you are spot on!

Reply #195790 | Report this post

What hasn't been mentioned was the Norwood players talking it up to Andy Simmons that was at the game, shouting taunts at him. These Norwood players have short memories. I think they have celebrated far too early, its a grand final win that only matters

Reply #195791 | Report this post

Billy the Goose  
Years ago

Maybe North decided not to pursue the matter because of the after game party. I hear that a Norwood player was injured in the psot match celebrations, not unlike a Crows/Power Ramsgate event

Reply #195800 | Report this post

winners  
Years ago

I pick North to win this week. This incident will only make them play harder and more determined - congratulations N'wood for giving them the drive and motivation they will need to win.

Reply #195813 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hilarious post!

Reply #195819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goose,

Yes you have half the story right - Norwood player was injured - apparently there were no refs there to run to and hide behind!!

Reply #195834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha that is hilarious. No norwood player has been injured!!

Reply #195896 | Report this post

aaaahhhhh  
Years ago

i wonder who would come off second best in a ramsgate like event??

Reply #196062 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

The truth would come off second best. The story would rapidly outgrow the event.

Reply #196076 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

This biff has shadowed souths win over sturt and the talk about the upcoming south v north game...
whos gonna win? im obviously going to back south for the win

Reply #196094 | Report this post

chiponshoulder  
Years ago

"Will North people stop whinging?"

Yeah good luck with that request!

If someone invented a 'whingeometor', the NABC would blow the thing to bits!

Reply #196105 | Report this post

Big girls  
Years ago

Can the Webber family PLEASE stop writing on here. We are all sick of this family continuously writing rubbish. Please leave this forum alone if you are not going to write anything constructive.

Reply #196119 | Report this post

_  
Years ago

Reply #196120 | Report this post

Footyfan  
Years ago

KingJames you are a joke!

Reply #196128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North are in the offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #196398 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754