Anonymous
Years ago

Slingers Gone?

Rumour has it that the Singapore Slingers are now gone from league too....

Topic #16607 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

How reliable is the source?

Reply #195381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard that too from one of the head coaches in the league; they'll play through this final season...it'll be a 10 team league when you look at it, "spirits" ain't giving kings a chance to come back really as "sydney kings"

Reply #195398 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

Which head coach ?

Reply #195415 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

That's not what I heard. This season may dictate whether a future exist or not, however given their team I think they will be around for a while more.

Reply #195419 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

If this is true, maybe the 36ers can bring Darren Ng home.

Reply #195456 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Surely people realise that the league will be culled down soon under the revamp

Not saying Singapore should go as i beleive they are very important and could be part of the Perth / Darwin / Malaysia conference down the track.

Reply #195459 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why this is plausible: There have long been rumours that clubs would be cut from the NBL after this coming season. The three clubs usually mentioned are Singapore, West Sydney and Wollongong.

Apparently, the rumour is that the Singapore government, hearing that the team may get dumped anyway, are pulling their funding a year early.

Reply #195470 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I wonder what would happen with Darren? Is there any way the Sixers could fit him in again if this does happen.

Also, with all the extra players becoming available the number of points a team is allowed needs to be reconsidered (except for Melbourne if that is possible!).

Reply #195474 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

No offence but i think it is extremely selfish of people talking about their own team's likelihood of grabbing slingers players should they fold rather than the shitty situation which would result in a team folding, there are bigger fish to fry than grabbing players that would be without a club.

Reply #195572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754