NPBHS
Years ago

Lakers Lock up Vujacic

Lakers have resigned Vucajic to a 3 year $15 million deal. Quite interesting to read that Sasha was very close to going to play in Europe.
Very weird to hear that after he has just played a season where he averaged career best figures (8.8 points) AND his team were Western Conference champions and made it to the NBA finals.Here's the link:

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/lakers_sign_vujacic_080726.html

Is there more behind the scenes that we don't know. I mean is Sasha really content to play in L.A. I myself have seen and heard the whinging from him. I'm not sure that his relationship with KOBE is that strong. I remember Kobe elbowing Vujacic during a timeout. Also, Vujacic has complained before about the lack of gametime he got, and the general feeling within the Lakers camp. Also heard of instances where his teammates have said he is too trigger-happy, meaning he shoots too much.Also take a look at this video. It shows Vujacic crying and then attempting to elbow someone who comes to give him a hi-5.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=y5XroW3nGXQ

There is also another instance whereby Bynum gets worked up at Vujacic because he doesn't give him the ball.
What are your thoughts. Is Sasha really happy at L.A? Is his relationship with the players i.e Kobe and Bynum really that strong?

Topic #16608 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

there were no way sasha was gonna play in europe, he didn't HAVE to re-sign with lakers if he werent happy there he could've signed elsewhere.

people focuses on those little things too much, reality, if you're having a bad game you're probably not in the mood for a hi 5. who doesnt kobe bash? i mean come on

he complained about playing time earlier last season when he claimed to be more efficient than mo evans and proved so, that's why mo got traded instead of him.

he gets critized alot for shooting but you got to realize, he's just doing his job. phil wanted somebody else to step up and take more shots. remember the period when nobody else were shooting other than kobe? so no "trigger-happy" was just a joke. from what i was told he's really like the "baby" of the team who gets treated like the "little brother" that people make jokes of. a friend of mine once said to him "what's in your lunch box today Sasha" cos he's still living with his mum...

i heard he's happy to keep playing for lakers especially the fact there's room for him to do more. he's promised a legit spot in most rotations in the lakers lineup (except start), here's a few that you'd expect to see this season:

1. Farmar, Sasha, Odom, Gasol, Mihm
2. Sasha, Kobe, Ariza, Odom, Bynum
3. Farmar (Fisher), Sasha, Kobe, Gasol, Bynum
from what I was told Kurt Rambis proposed this one...
4. Kobe, Odom, Ariza (Sasha), Gasol, Byum (and that's why lakers is so reluctant to giving up Odom)

and yes, i left out walton in all of them, cos he'll be struggling to get playing time this season!

Reply #195404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to answeryour question kobe and sasha are accually best buds.

Reply #195420 | Report this post

over paid. I mean he can't play D and he shoots well once every 10 games

Reply #195424 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Reply #195439 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I reckon they've overpaid.

Reply #195462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was looking good near end of the season though. chances are he's still working hard this summer and will hopefully raise the bar once again. cos all he needs to do is be more consistent. so don't think he's overpaid, Turiaf is overpaid.

Reply #195467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Youd think he would have retired after Ray Ray, pulled his pants down on that drive, in the playoffs.

Reply #195469 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

5mil per season is a lot for a guy who is a average defender and an average shooter.

Reply #195471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's average amount for role players really...plus he was offered more elsewhere!

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10003015?source=rss

Reply #195478 | Report this post

Oh well what do the Lakers care they'll pay max for Bynum and buy another championship.

Reply #195542 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

de Lakers got all de money in de world .. wat wit all de stars n celebs n all dat. is holywood baby !!!

Reply #195595 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Ex Heat guard Ricky Davis has just been signed by the Clippers, and one time number 1 pick (ba ha ha ha ha) Kwame Brown has agreed to terms with the Pistons.

Reply #195628 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754