N
Years ago

Anyone play at Westminister on Sat arvos in Church

Does anyone here player Saturday afternoons in the Church league at Westminister?

The reason I ask is that there is a ref there that should not be umpiring adult basketball.

I will try and say this the politist way possible, is is somewhat retarded, I'm not sure to what extent.

He clearly does not understand the rules of the game and when questioned about it, he will call techs everytime. The other umpire with him asks us to bare with him, why should we. We pay good money to play, we should get a decent ref.

Just wondering if anyone else has had him the last month or so?

Topic #16617 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

N - I don't know if you understand the meaning of polite.

Reply #195500 | Report this post

N  
Years ago

SVD: I believe that retarded is the acceptable term. I am not reffering to him as a "tard".

Reply #195501 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I don't want to come off as the PC police and I don't know terms are and are not acceptable but I think that PC term is intellectually disabled.

I have played for many years with refs that are intellectually disabled and like most refs some are good and some are not so good.

I understand where you are coming from and it is a very slippery slope that I am gonna have to let through to the keeper.

Reply #195503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754