Years ago

dodgy draws in juniors

how can you play some teams 3 times and others once over the season?

Topic #16622 | Report this topic

Years ago

just a bit more on this - should you not be cycling through the teams you have only played once before cycling through a team for a third time???

Reply #195526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i gave up ages ago trying to understand what the juniors comp is trying as what ever it is it never seems to work. and the thing that sucks in my opinion is that from what i've seen it's the string teams playing the weak teams that have played 2twice and heading for a third time... not two strong clubs.

Reply #195529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Instead of blindly having a go at a competition without even understanding it maybe you could add some details; such as the age group, grade, boys/girls and maybe the club.

I would imagine if this was in fact the case then there would be a reason for it.

Reply #195531 | Report this post

Me3  
Years ago

How can BSA possibly know who is going to be the stronger teams at the time of doing the draw?
Teams often get stonger/become more evenly matched during the season.

Reply #195574 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Its called an even draw and that is what should be scheduled. 1 home game and 1 away game throughout the season - everyone is happy and can't complain.
Quite simple really and isn't that hard to comprehend.

Reply #195587 | Report this post

Even Steven  
Years ago

Maybe instead of playing the dodgey third games the kids should have some time off to give them a bit of a break from basketball OD.

However, it's not just basketball where this uneven third game makes an appearance - it's also the go in junior baseball.

In my opinion the people who do the programs and set the season lengths are to blame. To have a proper competition each team should play each other the same number of times. The extra games are there merely for financial benefit. With baseball I've seen one team play another team just once whilst playing another three times. This is pure inefficiency by the person setting the schedule.

I understand they want teams to play as many games as possible but given the fact that basketball is a year round sport this is not a justified argument.

Given that BSA won't reduce the number of games played - maybe they should shorten the summer season to where each team plays each other twice and extend the winter season to three matches between teams.

Reply #195611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754