are GSW retarded

Biedrins - 6 years $63m.
Monta - 6 years 66m
whatever they paid for Turiaf (for his 2 o rebs per game or whatever he does)
Maggette - 50m over 5 years ( i think)

what a crappy team. I hope they finish last. $35 million a year for 3 players! Who aren't even that good.

Topic #16623 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

Yes.

Reply #195556 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Monta Ellis is proably worth that much money and maybe also Maggette but definently not Biedrins and Turiaf. It will be interesting to see if Monta's transition from 2 guard to the point is going to work out. If he does well there, IMO i reckon he is worth that (as long as he keeps or improves his stats).

Reply #195559 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Will Monta become 'the man' though. Always thought he would be a good Pippen type.

Reply #195560 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

come on its the golden state warriors. they have been doing this type of thing ever since they traded mitch richmond for billy ownes

Reply #195566 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

all of GSWs moves have been rushed and looking to get something quick to counteract Baron opting out but Maggette is no Baron and neither is Monta. without a solid PG I dont see GSW doing anything

Reply #195569 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Monta wont play the 1. we'll get to see if Marcus Williams is any good, still might be as he'll be the number 1 point gaurd for the first time in his career.

5 years for Maggette is ridiculous - he dominates the ball and is a cancer.

Biedrins is a gun though. could well develop into a Chris Bosh offensively but with a better rebounding and defensive game.

Reply #195578 | Report this post

except for beidrins cant even catch the ball.

Reply #195579 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dey need ta bring old skool mullins and all de ways hardaway bac out of retirment !! ... is good ta be tall .. 60 mil dolars worth of good !!! .... heck i'm gonna hav ta get som of dem genteic enhancrs ta mak me wat ..at least 6.8 - 7.0 ft !!

Reply #195596 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

"Biedrins is a gun though. could well develop into a Chris Bosh offensively but with a better rebounding and defensive game."

HUH?

Reply #195600 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

WHAT?!

Reply #195603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re-signing Biedrins 6yrs/63 million

Another young player locked up for market value. After years of suffering with Dampier and Foyle dropping passes... watching Andris play has been a joy to watch. He has soft hands, great feet, and a knack for scoring underneath. On the defensive side he is a very good rebounder and changes shots... if only the refs gave him some respect instead of tagging him with BS fouls. He's still very young at 22 and we haven't even see him come close to realizing his potential until Nelson leaves or commits to playing him for 30 minutes and running a few plays for him. Before we got Harrington and Jackson.. Biedrins was developing a solid low post game. He's one of best young bigs and he already has 4 years of NBA experience and is a proven double double guy in limited minutes.

GRADE: A .... he's getting paid less than Bogut. 'Nuff said.

Reply #195609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think based on these stats Biedrins was well worth it. He's still only 22 and barely plays 30 mins a game, and still picks up double doubles frequently.

Biedrins, 22, appeared in 76 games with Golden State last season, posting career-high averages in scoring (10.5 ppg) and rebounding (9.8 rpg). Additionally, he led the NBA in field goal percentage (.626), ranked 11th in rebounds and grabbed an NBA season-high 26 boards on January 27 vs. New York. The 6'11" native of Latvia registered a career-best 27 double-doubles (points/rebounds), including a career-high seven consecutive to end the season (averaged 16.0 points and 15.7 rebounds over the final seven games last season). Additionally, he averaged 13.8 points and 13.4 rebounds when logging at least 30 minutes per game last season (30 times) and was the lone player to rank among the NBA's top 11 in rebounding while averaging less than 30 minutes per game (27.3).

If Marcus Williams can play consistantly at the point they will be ok, but in the years to come they will be an outstanding team!

Reply #195612 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Should the jazz trade Boozer for Biedrins?

I know G.State would love it but i think it would be a sweet deal for the Jazz. Move AK to the 4 spot. Play Biedrins big bench minutes resting both AK and Okur...

I think the key to the Jazz this season will be moving AK to the 4. Free up some minutes for the glut of wing players the Jazz have and finally give Almond a chance to light it up.

Plus i don't think AK has the quickness to stay with perimeter players anymore...

Reply #195617 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Quagmire that is a stupid idea!!

You want to trade a 20ppg, 10 rpg All Star for a 10ppg, 10rpg average player in an average team!

Then you want to move AK a skinny small forward to powerford!!

lol back to school young fella!

Reply #195622 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Did you watch the play-offs?

Boozer was a waste of space. He might get his 20-10 against average players in the regular season, but when it counts, against good defenders he is left wanting in a big way....

Plus factor in that he is bolting first chance he gets because his family hate living in Utah and the altitude is harmful to his young daughters health...

He already has a home in Miami..

If the Jazz are legit about winning a title, they would move Boozer on and get good value for him while they can.

At least with Okur you get the outside shooting to clear space for D-will.

As for AK the pf- the NBA is changing, athletic pf are the order of the day and i would back AK against Boozer any day of the week. Ak would hassle Boozer with his long arms the same way Odom did this year- and then AK would score at will against Boozers laughable D.

If you beleive in stats- keep Boozer
If you want to win- move him for a player that will complete the team.

Schools out.

Reply #195627 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

To comment on the actual thread topic..

A team can only be as good as its best or "Franchise" player.

For the warriors that man is now Monta.

Lottery.

They are a superstar away from being legit and they have no chance of getting one through free agency- their money is spent- or the draft, their team will be good enough to just miss out on the play-offs and provide a crappy pick.

They will be a model of mediocrity for years to come.

Reply #195631 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Stephen Jackson is now the Franchise player at GSW. He is the heart and soul of that team, and Monta will flourish as the second option.

Reply #195633 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I think Monta playing point is really the franchise dude. Steph jax is a good running mate.

So their starting 5 is something like;
monta
Steph jax
Maggette
B-Wright/Randolph?
Biedrins

They may win more than they lose- but no play-offs and no high picks.

So much depends on the Wright/Randolph tandem...

Reply #195637 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Oh i totally forgot the waste of space that is Turiaf.

Doesn't change a thing really.

They are not winning this year- so why would you use him for anything other than resting your young forwards and having him bang hard against them at training?

Reply #195638 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

stephen jackson is not a franchise player

Reply #195640 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I watched the playoffs. I even watched them the season before when he dominated! So he had a bad playoff series this year and you say get rid of him! lol Kobe had a bad grand finals by his standards should they get rid of him also? Maybe replace him with Ben Gordon? What about Lebron he had a poor finals compared to his season stats do you cut him as well?

Boozer is one of the best power forwards, if not best power forward in the NBA and you think AK, whom is a skinny small forward, would be much better then him. That is funny as! AK's most rebounds in a game was 12, Boozer almost averages that in the season. Ak's most points in a game was 25, Boozer was close to averaging that in the season.

The fact is if you take Boozer out of the Jazz they would struggle to make the playoffs in a strong western conference. If you take AK out of the Jazz they would still make the playoffs regardless! AK is a good compliment to his team and that is it.

Anyway your initial stupid post was about replacing an All Star (Team USA player) with an average player when there is no reason to do so at all!

I think you have been playing NBA Live too much as your ideas are far from reality!

Reply #195641 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

10mil per season is about average for a reasonably talented 7ft 22yr old center.

Ellis' contract is also reasonable.

Maggette's contract is insanity. He is already in his prime if not past it and his game is all about athleticism. He has average 65 games per season over his career and the way he plays is conducive to picking up injuries.

In 2-3 years that contract is going to be one of the worst in the NBA.

Turiaf's deal is pretty bizarre.

I guess this is the way that Mullin GM's. Throw huge amounts of cash about during 1 off season and then wait 4-5 years, rinse, repeat.

Reply #195645 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I watched what happened to Boozer when he came up against Duncan in that play-off run two seasons ago...

Like i also said- he is all set to bolt leaving the jazz with nothing.

I agree that taking out Boozer would hurt us- but adding biedrins would be fine.

Taking out AK would mean a similar record , and a similar play-off exit.

Maybe you should read my post again- Boozer will get his against weak opposition. To win a championship he will have to beat;
Duncan- proven- no chance
Garnett- no chance
Odom- proven- no chance
Chandler- no chance

And the bigger problem is his inability to defend.

Also- how much is Boozer a result of D-Will?

AK and Bierdrins can defend and Okur has proven to be a consistant, healthy offensive option.

Better team balance, better chance at a title.

Reply #195650 | Report this post

Beidrins gets his 13.4 points a game when he averages over 30 mins (what a ridiculous stat) because, um, its Golden state. They get 120 points a game.

If someone wants to give a guy who cant catch 10m a year, thats fine. If someone wants to give a guy who can score 20 points a game (and thats it) 10m a year, thats fine. If someone wants to give an ageing guy who can get to the foul line 10m a year, thats ok too. But all on the same team? And now they cant enter the 2010 sweepstakes. What a stupid team.

Reply #195677 | Report this post

"Garnett- no chance
Odom- proven- no chance"

Whats this mean? A loser on a good team is 'proven' and a champion on a winning team isn't?

Reply #195679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyre saying that boozer hasn't come up against them in a series?

Reply #195682 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

ELG its Quagmire poor attempt at trying to say Odom is better then Boozer because he did better then him in one series.

Reply #195688 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Quagmire, if you suggested this to the Jazz's management they would laugh in your face...

Can you imagine if every team gave up on their best player because of a couple of games where he didn't perform against BETTER competition?

Give him a chance, hes still very young, he is clearly a star, and him and Deron can develop into an even deadlier combo if they stay together.

And who the shit told you Boozer is definately at Miami next year? Hoopshype? PFft..??

To the actual thread topic, I believe Ellis is worth all he gets, if you've ever seen him actually play you know how much of a special talent he is. Biedrens is a yucky contract, Maggette is arguably the toughest guy in the league in terms of dirving to the hoop and drawing fouls, he COULD turn out to be worth it as well, but I don't even wanna comment on what they gave Turiaf.

And mr.clutch, I'm still waiting for your justification on this very interesting quote of yours:
""Biedrins is a gun though. could well develop into a Chris Bosh offensively but with a better rebounding and defensive game."

Reply #195692 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

Im sorry for the late reply Jules, i do have more to do with my time than sit on hoops all day.

As far as rebounding and defense goes he is already better than bosh. He does tend to get outmuscled by stronger players 1 on 1 in the post but against the ever increasing amount or face up or perimeter oriented pf's he's more than solid due to his combination of length and lateral quickness. His help defense is also good with good timing for blocking shots but unlike a Camby/Amare type he alters a lot more shots than he blocks.

Offensively he is among the league leaders in fg%. He has no offenses run through him and still scores a fair bit for a young 7 footer. He's got an exceptional first step for a big and his face up game is already very effective on the odd occasion he is given the opportunity to score. Like previously mentioned his low post game has shown significant improvement.

At the same age Garnett averaged 3 less rebounds a game. Garnett averaged only 6 more points a game while shooting 9 more fg's. (per 38)

stats aren't everything but that gives you a little insight into how much a big guy with big time length and athleticism can improve from that age.

Reply #195720 | Report this post

I hope that wasn't a dig at Amare/Camby, mr clutch. who are much better help defenders than Biedrins is

Ive never seen Biedrins score that wasnt a dunk/layup. He cant shoot foul shots either. Theres no way he'll ever be as good as Bosh, ever.

Reply #195734 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

I never disagreed Biedrens is a better defender.

Bosh is better than him in every single offensive facet of the game, and always will be...Biedrens doesn't even compare

Reply #195751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Monta Ellis could be fantastic as a point. He scored 20 a game last year but shot over 50% so he is no ball hog.

Reply #195769 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754