Low Post
Years ago

Congrats to Wayne Maidment

Congrats to Wayne Maidment on his 400th game last weekend! He must be like 50 years old by now - else he refs in his sleep ... hmmm !

Is Geoff Weekes still running around? Now he MUST be over 50!

Topic #16638 | Report this topic

BBall Supporter  
Years ago

Having been in the great sport of bball for nearly 50 years it is great to see these two guys achieve these honours. It is a pity that more refs dont have the understanding of the game these two gentlemen do they are a great roll model for any budding new refs.

Good luck for the future and dont give up yet.

Reply #195723 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Just to give you an idea that is ABA and SEABL games the 400 doesn't even count the WNBL, NBL, Local summer comp I believe also. Given that we currently have 18 game seasons it would take 20+ years to achieve that today.

Good on you Wayne, hope you continue on next year, would be sad to lose an umpire of your quality in the ABA.

Reply #195730 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Congrats Wayne. Always enjoyed your good sense of humour on the court and your (unrivalled) ability to accept when you made a bad call.

Certainly one of the best going around.

Reply #195744 | Report this post

i agree with Lockstock whole-heartedly. Always has a spare pen when he comes through work too! ;)

Reply #195759 | Report this post

ME2  
Years ago

Congrats Wayne you have been a big part of Basketball over the years. You are one of the better umpires around and I think its because your so easy to get along with. You respect the players and they respect you, alot more umpires should take note from one of the best.

Reply #195788 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't follow ABA that closely but that is a great effort and congratulations!

Reply #195795 | Report this post

Good  
Years ago

Wayne is a descent ref but what has made him better is his ability to communicate with players and coaches. In short he has a human side which is much needed by refs. Wayne is a huge asset to our game locally and highly respected among basketball circles. Well done Wayne!!

Reply #195796 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

REFEREE FFS.......REFEREE!!!!!!!

God, that drives me nuts.

Reply #195798 | Report this post

typo  
Years ago

HEAD FFS .. not O

Reply #195799 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Onya wayno!

Reply #195963 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"HEAD FFS .. not O"

ical response from a 12yo FFS...not O.

Reply #196007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754