Flip
Years ago

Boomers Vs USA

Was just on the foxtel website and say that ESPN are going to show Boomers vs USA on Tuesday night 5/8/2008 at 9:30pm our time. Does anyone know if they are going to show the game on free to air tv and live, or a better time?

Topic #16641 | Report this topic

Rasheed36  
Years ago

It's being played in China so 9:30pm our time is around 8pm their time. So it could very well be live. We'll find out when they show the USA vs Turkey game and so on, whether it's live.

Reply #195743 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

If it is ESPN I would say no chance of it being screened on FTA. Foxtel has the rights to screen ESPN in Oz.

My advice is to go to the pub or watch it live online if you have broadband.

Incidentally, I caught some of the Iran vs Argentina game tonight online. Australia is playing in the same tournament tomorrow evening vs China (6pm ish our time) and on Thu vs Angola.

Reply #195745 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Will a pub show it though? I visit a couple of local sports bars and it's always footy codes.

Pubs don't even show PPV Boxing anymore and that use to be my main pub outing.

I missed a good fight Sunday due to no pubs covering it. Thankfully I was able to obtain a copy online. Still defeats the purpose of the pub and meeting strangers.

Reply #195752 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Link to games streamed live on the net: http://www.justin.tv/directory?category=sports

You may have to try a few channels before you come across the basketball.
China is playing Angloa live right now in the FIBA Diamond Ball.

Reply #195757 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

who gonna beat de usa ... wen u worth about a Billion $$$$$ .. der is NO way y'all can loose !!!! de whole aussie team will be lucky ta be worth even 1 year of de lessest playa in team usa ... minus bogut ofcorse ... dat is de differenc in talent !!!

Reply #195770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate. You are a tool.

Reply #195777 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Agreed he is a tool

Reply #195778 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Completely does my head in

Reply #195782 | Report this post

Will-I-am  
Years ago

So playa, please explain why the USA hasn't won an international tournament for the past 8 years!

Considering that they have had the highest pay role (more than double any other team) in all of those tournaments as well!

Get of the crack and take a look outside and see that you are not "homie the clown".

Reply #195784 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Don't ask him/her a question, then you get more of his/her uneducated dribble.

Bring back the awnser at least for that!

Reply #195786 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

This playa character has to be a troll, looking for a reaction. Nobody could be that stupid!

To The Champ: I feel your pain mate. Basketball always plays second fiddle at the pub to football and often soccer and rugby too. But its usually okay when games are on early on a week night like these two games are.

If I am not sure that I can get a screen at a pub, I'll either phone ahead to confirm they will show it or go to a place like the Rosemont on Hindley St, which has so many screens, you can always get one!

The other option is online. Its become pretty good in the last 6 months as long as you have ADSL2+. Not as high res as watching on Foxtel, but its adequate. The Justin TV link that was pointed out before is good, but as the poster said, you may have to search for awhile to find the basketball. Since I can't be bothered searching any longer than I have to, I find these two websites do the trick:

linky.com.au/7zmjq

linky.com.au/ntlhk

They always list a bunch of sources for each and every game. You will need to download and install one or two online media players to watch some of the links (eg Sopcast, TV Ants) but its real easy - just click on the link you want to watch and if you don't have the correct media player installed, as I recall it will direct you to a place you can download it from.

Reply #195817 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

check out places like The Holdy... they always have bball on if you ask... the DJ on wednesday nights is a bball fan so he has it on one of the screens atleast for him... just need to ask the bar to change channel

Reply #195890 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

i know the marion front bar has about 50 plasma tvs in it, surely that could put it on one of them.

Reply #195937 | Report this post

Loopy54  
Years ago

Boomers Vs USA is advertised as being on ESPN at 10.00pm tonight - Tuesday 5th August.
Here's hoping ...

Reply #196655 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

From what I can gather, all USA basketball games are being shown live on this link (inlcuding tonight's game): http://www.justin.tv/jayrntv

Also, most of the basketball games at the Olympics will be shown live on this link: http://www.justin.tv/antileech

Go Boomers!

Reply #196656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alex mills is a gun, and CJ needs to unload nore... go ozzies!!!

Reply #200549 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754