TR
Years ago

Paul Pierce: I'm the best player in the world

Firstly, before anyone attempts to rip my head off and shove it where the sun doesn't shine in relation to this, I'm purely the messenger SO DON'T SHOT ME

It seems PP has come out in an interview stating he is the best player in the world.

The interview was done by a Spanish paper.

Question: Is Kobe really the best player in the world?

PP: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself.

All I can say is wow.... I highly rate PP and been a fan of his for years, but holy hell.... I can't explain this one

http://linky.com.au/z90vr

Lakers Nation response:
http://linky.com.au/nr9ba

If someone wants to translate the whole interview here is the link:

http://linky.com.au/9hlml

Topic #16657 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Sorry for the double post, but if anyone has a look at Lakers Nation, just be prepared for a whole forum of playa inspired quotes..... It's hard reading....

Reply #195943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I found this quite funny. It's like when someone goes of their nut on tv and get continousy beeped.

"{Profanity isn't allowed on theLakersNation.com -- Please go back and edit your comment. Thank you.} u "Peirce: dumb ass {Profanity isn't allowed on theLakersNation.com -- Please go back and edit your comment. Thank you.} u won championship and Kobe 3 u {Profanity isn't allowed on theLakersNation.com -- Please go back and edit your comment. Thank you.} in cry baby wait until ur ass gets back to L.A. u are going to get ass jumped in a club and i will get Kobe knock ass out"

Reply #195946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the funny thing is pierce is from LA but these LA guys still hates his gutes. Even if a local SA boy played for the Tigers surely we'd still like him wouldn't we.

Reply #195948 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I'd love to know what Pierce considers 'conceited' if calling yourself the best player in the world isn't....

Would anyone even say with confidence that he's the best player on his own team?

Reply #195950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of crap. I hope he was joking.

Dwight, Kobe, Lebron. Pierce is a very good player but there still quite a few better than him.

Reply #195953 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

hahahah laugh at pierce.

Reply #195955 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I seriously doubt that is exactly what he said. I have never seen Pierce say anything before that remotely makes me think he really believes he is the best player in the world.

He's not the brightest guy on the planet but he is not stupid either, so why would he make such a stupid claim?

I suspect the more likely answer, is that he was trying to point out that he has a strong sense of self belief. If he goes into a game against Kobe thinking, "I'm second best", then guess what, in the end he will perform that way.

Pierce has always been mentally tough in games and that kind of comment fits his mindset much better.

So whether Pierce mangled what he was trying to say, or it has been translated badly, my bet is that Pierce DOES NOT think he is the best player in the world.

Reply #195961 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

LOL! Man he must have his head shoved so far up his own clacker. He isnt half the player of Kobe or Lebron. He aint multidimensional and he isnt even the best player on his roster! Get over yourself big fella...

Reply #195972 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

I bet theres a fair few guys who would think they're the best in the world.. just not dumb enugh to say it to the media.

Reply #195976 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

PP is still cool. Every guy who takes the court as the man for their team really needs to think this way..
It sure is a fine line between confidence (Paul) and arrogance (Kobe)

Sounds like a run of the mill mis quote to me, and a ton of you people are way to quick to judge him.

Reply #195983 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anon #195948

the funny thing is pierce is from LA but these LA guys still hates his gutes. Even if a local SA boy played for the Tigers surely we'd still like him wouldn't we.

Mark Bradtke

Reply #195986 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

I think Paul Pierce has a good case to defend as he did LEAD this Celtics team to win the championship. Kobe on the other hand I cant remember dominating in the playoffs and LEADING his team to the championship as I think Shaq was the one that took the lead. I could be wrong there? Either way PP stepped up big time in the playoffs especially against the Cavs and Lakers. He has always been a guy with huge talent that has probably flown under the radar his whole career.

Reply #195993 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Kobe Bryant is just the 'name' player on his team. If he doesn't play well, the Lakers don't play well...and if he decides to hold off the scoring and focus on passing the ball, then what do you know, the team loses %75 of its offense.

The only reason he got the 'MVP' is because it's a glorified popularity contest rather than a true "most valuable player" award.

I'd say Pierce is right on the money...all he needed was some help and Boston were able to win a title (how many titles have LA won since Shaq left?). I'd say he's better than Kobe any day.

Reply #195997 | Report this post

not true  
Years ago

He has nothing on Gun Dad

Reply #196004 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

from the Laker Nation quote "i will get Kobe knock ass out"

Didn't Kobe already get into enough trouble for this?

Reply #196008 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

"Hey kids...today's lesson: Don't be rapin'" - Shaquille O'Neal

Reply #196033 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Kobe, Lebron and even KG and twice the player of peirce.

Reply #196082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only ones that say Pierce is better than Kobe are either Celtic fans... Like Myself. Or Kobe haters
I love the Celtics but you cant take anything away from Bryant. He may not have got it this year but I claim he will win another title in the next 2 seasons.

Reply #196083 | Report this post

well pierce led his team to a title and Kobe lost so maybe he is better.

Reply #196092 | Report this post

Doesnt that laker nation website just sum up Lakers fans?

Reply #196093 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

BLACK DRACULA - That is a load of contradictory tripe.

'Kobe Bryant is just the 'name' player on his team. If he doesn't play well, the Lakers don't play well...

What do you think the MVP is for? He's the best player on a team that made the Finals.

'I'd say Pierce is right on the money...all he needed was some help and Boston were able to win a title (how many titles have LA won since Shaq left?). I'd say he's better than Kobe any day.'

Now, I'm no Kobe fan, but that is the stupidest thing I've read for a while.

All Pierce needed was some help? So, basically, you're saying that it's OK for Pierce to not be able to win by himself, but Kobe should be able to? PP wasn't even the C's best player for the year FFS.

Have a look at the last couple of seasons standings, and see who lead their teams to a better record wuthout any help. I'll help you out, it wasn't PP. ;)

Kobe is better than Pierce. Only a fool would say otherwise.

Reply #196103 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Is there any arguement that if you were a GM the first player you would want to sign is LBJ?

Reply #196178 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754