Quagmire
Years ago

Whats your 'Go to' move?

I play a little social ball and a nice move i like to use when facing the bad end of a fast break is what i call the gap buster.

Now this can only work in social were people only think they can dribble and still look up.

The idea is just to run slowly backwards, facing the ballhandler of a fast break as they come towards you..
Then once they cross the half court, watch them, and as soon as they look away from you, stop running backwards and take a couple of quick steps towards them, and stop dead for a charge.

You can actually close a 5m gap in a split second by doing this and if you timed it right they never see it til they are caught in it.

Most social players will do one of the following;

1/Lose the handle completely

2/Throw the pass out of bounds

3/Crash into me for a charge (gotta put your arms across your chest in the proper stance and fall if you wanna get the call...)

4/Pick up their dribble- at which point you have to get all over them so they can't move the ball on before help arrives.

5/make the split second pass and get the assist. (i never said it worked every time..)

-WARNING- If you don't get the timing right they will dribble round you real easy and make you look like a real chump.

Any other people with 'go to' social moves to share?

Topic #16661 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to move is normally "Do you believe in love at first sight or do I have to walk past you again?"

Reply #196018 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The stranger...

"What you do is sit on your hand for, like, 15, 20 minutes, until it goes numb. No feeling at all. And then you rub one out".

Best line on the whole movie

Reply #196025 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Your legs are like Main North Road - they both lead to Paradise

Reply #196030 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I always liked the old fake the pass directly at the face of the guy guarding you and then drive around him while he's blind! Works a treat, just don't f#%k up and let the ball slam into your opponent for real, or you're likely to face some nasty reprisals...

Reply #196031 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

My go to move is to leave the lane open for some chump that thinks theyre jordan to drive in so i can swat it back down their throat and have a laugh with the people that actually play basketball.

Reply #196032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spin move pass my man, split the double and finish with a self alley

Reply #196034 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

SVD, not too sure about your directions there...lol

Main North Road?

Only if you said they both lead to the bush..

North East Road maybe.. : )

Reply #196037 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Main North Road leads to Elizabeth!!!

Which is often called a big hole!!!

Reply #196040 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

My favourite on offence during a fast-break is where you start your two steps and clasp the ball between your palm and forearm, faking an around-the-back pass to no one (by whipping it briefly behind your back and then back around to your front) and then laying it in. Oftentimes they bite on your fake, even if there's no one else within your half, and you get an uncontested finger roll.

Doesn't work against better defenders, but works surprisingly often! And I guess if you have heaps small arms or something you might not be able to clasp the ball right.

Reply #196043 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Yeah couldn't be assed checking ... thought it could been North East

Reply #196044 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

Bonz don't go picking on my hometown...

my go to move is to yell at the fat controller to get his ass to the base line and make a call, then i get to watch the rest of the game from the foyer.

Reply #196048 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

I have a lock on the stutter-step market.

Reply #196049 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

"assed checking"

Is that your special move, SVD? I always though it was better to use your hands?

Reply #196050 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

If you take it out of context like that anything can be made to seem perverse DICK-o :)

Reply #196054 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

"You awake?"

Reply #196060 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

" You asleep? "

Reply #196061 | Report this post

Fatboy  
Years ago

Fav move is the old "yawn" with arms out streached, then just drape an arm around her

or for the more skilled;

The Costanza move; slam on your brakes real hard and yell "damn cat" while quickly putting your left hand out to stop her hitting the dash and quickly grab a cheap feel of her chest area.

Works a treat, true!

Reply #196068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i prefer to hit the opposition guard at a time out and watch him get ejected for retaliating...

only works at ABA games with run of the mill refs.

Reply #196072 | Report this post

My go to move is straight up jackin'

Both on the court and in 'romantic' situations.

Reply #196075 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Fatboy, the name you are looking for is 'Stopping short'.

Reply #196081 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

There's not a social defense around that can stop the classic dump the ball into the low post from the 45 then run to the corner and get it back for the wide open 3.

Reply #196106 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Can you hit the said 3, billo? :)

Reply #196150 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Yes, he can.

My favourite is stand is said corner for an inbounds pass. Defenders rarely deny that pass, so it's a simple catch a shoot from the corner.

And of course there's the walk the ball up the court as the point guard, look at both 45's so defenders try and deny pass, stroll to 3pt line and jack it up. If you hit it, they'll defend you all night and you get easy passes to the 45. If you miss, your team mates get real pissed off ;)

Reply #196153 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

mine is de shimmy shake !!!

Reply #196208 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Haha I love people that set screens for me, Ill run straight through them, take the offensive foul happily because im solid enough to watch them have to hobble around the court for the rest of the game and move when I come through again!

Reply #196212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754