LA Boy
Years ago

Pat Mills for NBA

Had a few conversions with people about Pat Mills should go for the 09 NBA Draft and here's my thought:

I've got to admit first time I saw Pat play (2 years ago) I never thought he was really that good. But this year's international games, he's really impressed me.

Espeically when I went to the game at Melbourne and realised how quick he actually is! Now, I've seen some great basketballers around the world (including that of NBA) and Pat reminded me Barbosa from Phoenix Suns (who is also the fastest player in NBA, would be great to see if Aus vs Brazil)!

But a flaw I see in his game is his handle. he seems too athletic for his skills. for this reason alone I don't think he'd be NBA ready just yet but I do think he'll be the next NBA player from Australia.

What are your thoughts?

Topic #16689 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh n i think he need more experience 2, like decision makin in different situations but probly will make nba

Reply #196364 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I saw him this year in Adelaide vs Iran and properly for the 1st time.

The speed he has is incredible and if you blink he's already @ the other end of the court.

Definitely athletic without a doubt.

Handle will need working on, which is always required as a PG. Needs more experience including pressure situations.

With some more experience should be worthy of the NBA Draft.

Reply #196365 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

AJ Ogilvy will be the next Aussie drafted to the NBA, with Mills to follow. Both have serious game and will be very good players.

Reply #196375 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Jingles is going to get some looks during this Olympics is he can continue his Argentina form. Great time in Aussie basketball at the moment...

Reply #196383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Mills going to have an issue with his height though? Skill base might not yet be good enough for the NBA to overlook his height?

Reply #196392 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I don't see height is a big problem, that's only excuses for people who don't keep with their dream. You have successes like Earl Boykins and Spud Webb who's no more than 1.68m tall. And also Allen Iverson and CP3 are both no bigger than 1.86m tall.

If you ain't big, you need at least the following 4 components to be successful and that's: 1. Skills, 2. Speed, 3. Quickness and 4. Instinct

I see Pat to have the speed and instinct but needs work on skill and quickness. And as long as he's dedicated enough, these 2 component really is just dedication, while speed and instinct is more naturally gifted and all you can do is maximise it.

Reply #196409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have watched Mills over a few years and confess to not being as rapt in him as many commentators. In a recent article on the Deadly Basketballers program, the point was made that while there were plenty of kids who could shoot and dribble better than Mills, none could read the play as well as the aboriginal kids in anticipating what was about to happen and where. Dunno whether this will be enough to make it to NBA since other young PGs in SEABL have kept him honest.

Article at http://www.theage.com.au/news/basketball/mills-a-boon-for-boomers/2008/07/27/1217097059250.html if interested.

Reply #196415 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

de kid is ok but der is plenty of good PGs ta go round !!! mayb seeing de kid in de euro leegue ... but he beter den going to de NBL !!

Reply #196517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your mum ok bitch

Reply #201400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:36 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754