Phat Prophet
Years ago

Are the Lakers a better Team without Kobe?

Since Kobe rolled his ankle six mins into the second last game, the Lakers have won both (one on the road). Admittedly not against any of the best teams but wins anyway.

As you can tell I'm not a Kobe fan, but what does everyone else think?

Topic #1669 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im not a kobe fan but all it means is theres 30 shot attempts that the team now have to find whos gonna take em.all it means is that theres no go to guy in clutch situations.they will still go alright.

Reply #18995 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Try almost 21 shots a game instead of 30. There are also 4 others players who have the balls to be as selfish as Kobe by taking more than 20 shots a game. These are Iverson, McGrady, Jermaine O'Neal & Chris Webber. So with Kobe, these are the "Selfish 5"

The Lakers had a go to guy in their last game, Lamar Odom. He scored the last 5 points of the game, including the game winner with just over a second remaining. Of course it was against the Warriors (without Richardson) but he is obviously the go to guy now.

Reply #19044 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Iverson is 5th in the league for assists this year (7.5per game) in a team thats terrible, selfish? Jasmine go sit in the corner and think about it!

Reply #19045 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I don't disagree LLoyd. Kobe is averaging one less assist, so he is undoubtedly the King of Selfish. No arguments here.

T-Mac almost takes the cake, but Webber gets 2nd place votes from me because he looks so much older this year for some reason. Plus, he lied to the grand jury so that does not help his case in this regard.

Another honourable mention must go to Vince Carter, for tanking his game in Toronto. But I just can't put him in the top 5, but he would have to fit into the 6th place for the time being.

An * needs to go next to Jermaine O'Neal's name because his stats are inflated due to having played less games because of his valent effort in swinging punches at fans to save his teamate. I don't know if he could keep it going to the same extent for 82 games, but I could be wrong. For this reason he slots in at #5.

Reply #19060 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Vince surely makes top 5, the dude even admitted that he didn't try his hardest for the team!

That is a shotty professional

Reply #19153 | Report this post

Lev Makaev  
Years ago

Iverson is the best gaurd in the game, he stands at 6foot and if you look through his history he has had a couple of seasons averaging over 30 points a game. With averaging more assists then most other gaurds!
Im not a fan of kobe but i have to admit there have been some games this season he has handed the ball off a fair bit. Everybody thinks lakers are bad now which is not true they still have a couple of good names just not playing to their full potential

Reply #19296 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

The thing about the Lakers and the criticism they have got for trading Shaq and dumping Phil is that these moves were not made to the Lakers better in 2004-05 than they were in 2003-04. The idea was to make sure that they have a better chance of not being like the Bulls 4 or 5 years after the break up of their championship team. The Bulls broke up their team before the 1998-99 season and it is only now, 6 full seasons later, they are starting to look like something again. That's great for them, but they are still a while away from being title contenders.

I guess the idea was more to retool than to rebuild. I don't think any judgements can be made about the success of the new venture for 3 years. The team is being built around Kobe. This is his first time being "the star" on his team since his high school days. So, he has some learning to do and is doing an okay job.

Also, I don't think these are necessarily the exact pieces the Lakers want around Kobe, more what they were able to get to start the process along. There will be more moves down the line, for example, the Lakers offered Chucky Atkins & Devean George to the Magic for Mobley before he was traded to the Kings. Nothing happened out of it, but clearly the Lakers management are not close to being done.

Reply #19400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: You put the words in the box, and then you press the "Post" button.)

Reply #22324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #22325 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Another of those moments when you sit and stare at the screen, and ask yourself ..... "What the .....?"

Reply #22328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754