Isaac
Years ago

Lightning schedule now online

2008/09 Lightning Schedule - includes one 'home' game in Mount Gambier.

Any tips on the tough teams this season?

Topic #16717 | Report this topic

bulleen hopeful  
Years ago

Bulleen look to have compiled a fairly good roster seeing as they have practically zero money.

PG: Sharin Milner
SG: Desiree Glaubitz
SF: Lisa Pardon/Kylie Jordan
PF: Katrina Hibbert
C: Shelley Hammonds/Elyse Penaluna

Bench:
- Pardon/Jordan
- Hammonds/Penaluna
- Zoe Carr
- Naomi Pedro
- Anna Crosswhite
- Cristy Parker
- Tenille Cann

Not bad, I think they could suprise some teams!

Reply #196613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lil' Keane still riding the pine at bulleen???

Reply #196621 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Bulleen will struggle to make finals with that team. Who's coaching?

Reply #196625 | Report this post

Years ago

let's see what dandy and adelaide come up with - but bulleen will be better than last

Reply #196629 | Report this post

bulleen hopeful  
Years ago

Nah as far as im aware Lil Keane jumped ship after last season, wasn't to happy about court time and the way she fitted into the system.

Sector G7, same coaching staff as last year, being Cheryl Chambers, Kirsty Dench and Linda Gehran. Care to provide some insight as to exactly why they wont make finals?
Canberra's the only team that really looks formidable this season, Bulleen's lineup looks just as good as Adelaides or Dandenongs (but we still dont know if Penny Taylor is at Dandenong or if thats a rumor), and they are the only two teams that look to have a decent roster if you ask me!

Reply #196803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bulleen hopeful,

What happened to Emma Randall?

And Frog isn't a '4' is she?

Reply #196811 | Report this post

bulleen hopeful  
Years ago

Randall hasn't made any commitments due to Opals commitments in Beijing. Perhaps after all thats done she might be lured back to Bulleen, but I doubt it. Bulleen doesn't really have the monetary pulling power that i suspect emma would require! Same note there for Hollie Grima, she's an old Bulleen girl who might sign up afterwards.

As for froggy being a 4, wouldn't know to be honest. Havent seen her play for a couple of years but I have strong memories of her backing people into the post and floating in sweet fade aways over her defenders awe struck face... hah yeah im not sure, she probably did that whilst in the 3 spot so she got smaller defenders, so you have a point.

What im interested to see, is (maybe) like randall or grima, how many of the Opals decide to have a spell in the WNBL after their olympic campaigns are over? If any at all, that is...

Reply #196840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754