Isaac
Years ago

Damn you Brad Newley!

Hoop Addict escapes with his $15 intact yet again as Newley falls short of hitting 30 points. Once again, so close!

Yesterday, Newley dropped 26 on the Tigers in 27 minutes, shooting at 56% from inside and 57% from outside. He added 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals.

If only he'd made those 4 extra free throws!

I think the NBA scout was watching this game too.

Topic #1673 | Report this topic

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

More info here, courtesy of the Townsville Bulletin.

Reply #19026 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lindsay Gaze: "With all respect to Stacks (Crocs coach Ian Stacker), I've known him for many years and I understand a little bit about the way he thinks, but I'd be starting him (Newley) and playing him until he drops."

Reply #19027 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

That is a great quote from Gaze. I can't fathom why Newley is playing only 20-30 minutes a game.

Reply #19032 | Report this post

Jimmy  
Years ago

how/why did this guy slip thru the 36ers hands?? sorry if this has been done b4 but i gots to know!!

Reply #19061 | Report this post

Journo12  
Years ago

Great quote from Gaze. But where are the youngsters in the Tigers line-up? Most teams would be starting D-Mac and Tucker. Why bring in these players to sit on the bench. On multiple occasions, D-Mac has turned the game around for them only to sit down for the last quarter. I don't think The Gaze family should be commenting about giving guys a go.

Reply #19113 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Ive gotta feeling that Brad Newley will be averaging 30 in a couple of years if he's playing so good as a rook

Reply #19155 | Report this post

jimmy's answer  
Years ago

basically family ties in Qld

Reply #19182 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

brad newley is HOT

Reply #22362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad newley is the one of the best things that has happened to townsville, i love him=) i've gotten two photos with the future NBA player=D

Reply #22959 | Report this post

B_rett  
Years ago

ill tell ya why he isnt at the sixers its coz he dosent play for sturt ... your telling me if he was a sturt boy he would be a townsiville

Reply #23495 | Report this post

courtney & sarah  
Years ago

i agree that brad newley is the best thing to happen to townsville. he's got so much talent and he's hot... we have heaps of photos with brad, he is such a lovely person and he deserves all the praise he gets...i think it is fantastic that he slipped through the hands of the 36ers. GO CROCS GO!!! we'll get em' next season!!!

Reply #25017 | Report this post

sarah  
Years ago

BRAD NELWY IS THE HOTTEST.. :) and he is the bestest basketballer.. so lets go crocs..mainly BRAD..:)

Reply #25021 | Report this post

courtney  
Years ago

OH MY GOD!!! finally someone that agrees with me!!!! brad is sooo hot and a damn good basketballer... i so agree with your statement. keep up the good work BRAD!!!

your my new best friend - sarah

Reply #25023 | Report this post

sarah  
Years ago

ohh my god.. u are like the best..after brad.. every one at school hates him.. we would be so good as besties.. cas we both LOVE brad..haha i have had photos with him aswell.. fansy that.. love me

Reply #25025 | Report this post

courtney  
Years ago

i have many photos with brad because he's awesome. he's also signed a few things that i know consider "PRIZED POSSESSIONS". we have so much in common!!!!

BRAD NEWLEY IS AUSTRALIA'S BEST BASKETBALLER!!!!

Reply #25026 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

Settle down ladies..im sure he is way too good for both of you :P

Reply #25476 | Report this post

Rose  
Years ago

How could you possibly think he is hot.. he is the most un-attractive player out there. He is skinny, he is ferral and wouldnt know style if it hit him on his fugly head! He is absolutely disgusting!!!!

Reply #27160 | Report this post

tinkerbell  
Years ago

Rose, please be quiet.

Reply #30338 | Report this post

jane doe  
Years ago

leave them alone.. just because you don't think that he is attractive doesn't mean other people have to agree with you they can like him if they want to.... you're just jealous that your not hot nor are you any good at basketball.... give the girls a break!!! its just a teenage crush!!!

Reply #40983 | Report this post

Rose  
Years ago

HA HA you have no idea who i am, so you'd be eating at ya workds if you did! His UGLY

Reply #41933 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Leave the kid alone, he is a really lovely guy if you knew him a great role model for the juniors too. I know of lots of girls who think he is good looking.

Reply #42747 | Report this post

the blokes bloke  
Years ago

Who cars wat he looks like he can play ball

Reply #44162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #44163 | Report this post

Gabriel Newley  
Years ago

Well suck on this girls hes my COUSIN!!! n he's cool, i saw him at easter time and he was a bit of a tool but other than that he's pretty go n BRAD aint hot... GOOO ANDREW BOGUT ALL THE WAY HE IS THE HOTTES PERSON ALIVE!!! well i would luv u guys to but i dont know ya's

Reply #46749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad newley seems to have a lot of cousins!!!

he is an awesome basketball player, even though it will be sad to see him leave the NBL i really do hope that he gets drafted into the NBA. He's got so much talent and it would be a shame to waste it! the only thing he needs to work on is his temper, i've noticed that he's really hard on himself when he makes a mistake, it's almost as if the whole world is crashing down in front of him, and to tell you the truth its embarassing to watch him do that to himself!!

the crocs will be back bigger and better next year!!!

Reply #68667 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:40 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754