Chardy
Years ago

When a ref gets star struck... <3

I don't know whether it is just me being a passionate Aussie, or the fact i despise NBA and the 'style' they play, but i really thought the fat bald ref (as opposed to the bald ref with a mo) was star struck tonight.

Time and time again he'd miss a blatant call (which sometime were and sometime weren't picked up by the other refs). Or call a really soft foul on our guys (Andersen i noticed wearing a few).

Do you think he went and got their autographs after?

Sure hope he isn't one of the NBA refs.

Topic #16740 | Report this topic

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

He blew a lot of calls across the split line... and that is a Neddy-No-No!

I thought the tri-fector were star struck, I totally understand how they could be.. but those 3 guys refereed every Team USA exhibition game, so should have got those cobwebs off in the opening game or two.

I thought the Aussies were hard done by a bit, by some calls being made down one end, and when AUS went hard at the basket, it was all of a sudden clean.

Still a great result for AUS bball tho! Well done boys

Reply #196987 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Unfortunately in the modern game; the fans have more play with calls than people seem to realise.

If you were to call the majority of actual fouls etc. on Team USA; they wouldn't be a contender for anything, however when you have a stadium packed solely to see NBA stars dunk, oop and fast break; you ain't gonna prevent that from happening.

Hopefully this will be enforced in the Olympics... though I doubt it highly.

Reply #196998 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

de aussies were lucky dey dont call all de fouls cause dey were hackin a plenty !!!

Reply #197004 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

When the hell is Isaac going to ban 'playa' with his wannabe hood trash style talk. It's boring and IMO 'playa' knows sweet FA about basketball and just likes to see his ridiculous comments in print.
Isaac you've already in other threads had a go at him, PLEASE get rid of him.

Reply #197005 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

dis is NOT China wit censorships .. dis is Aussie !!

Reply #197011 | Report this post

Banning an annoying twat isn't censorship, it's a community service.

Let me put it in a way you might understand:

'Dis tri-hard shiz iz getin realy old n anoyin. Etha lern 2 rite in English aw go post on da nisan silvia forumz.'

Reply #197017 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

playa - Isaac told you to stop posting like that so f'n stop it. No one on here rates it mate.

Reply #197021 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

on topic again. just for a change.

The refs were hopeless, but understandable as the US team used their own home-grown refs for the entire 5 match warm up. Was funny seeing Gordie Mcleod blow up at one stage. The commentators mentioned this during the game that the US brought their own refs and this might not be a good indication of how they will go when the Olympics begin. IE: they will have unbiased referee's one will hope. The US did not look like a team, they will struggle again this Olympics in my opinion.
Saville, Wortho & Anderson were disappointing for Aus, everyone else played alright i thought. I really dislike Wade, Carmello, Bryant more than ever now.

Reply #197034 | Report this post

You know guys, it might be annoying and look stupid but it's really not that hard to just skim over it.

Reply #197038 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I thought the refs where pretty consistent actually. There was times where USA where clearly hacked but there was no foul called. Australia continued to do stupid fouls including fouling 3 point shooters on two occasions.

I agree that the US don't look like a team and can be beaten once again at these Olympics. They can't seem to play a proper offence and struggle against international defence.

Saville was absolutely pathetic and I have never rated him at International level. He was embarrassing and never a threat on offence. On defence he was equally just as bad. He always looks intimidated with no motivation at International level. At least give more minutes to players that want to be on (The whole team besides him!). He looks like a scared little boy out there instead of playing for Australia with pride and passion!

Reply #197040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luckily, there will only be 2 refs from the USA officiating during the entire Olympic competition: Susan BLAUCH and Eddie RUSH.

Reply #197149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754