jules
Years ago

Lebron would go to Europe for $50m

Not sure how many people this will interest, but Lebron has said he'd consider playing in Europe for a modest fee of 50 million dollars a year...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3520860

Does anyone else just reeeeally dislike Lebron. All he ever talks about is becomming a billionaire...and at least once a month he'll say something completely arrogant and stupid...I mean who gets a tattoo on their back saying 'The Chosen One?' - just needs to tone down the 'im the king type stuff'

Topic #16745 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Could this work?

Lebron heads up the Euroleague conference of the New NBA.

Stern pushes Kobe and the Lakers through the NBA route to have Kobe V Lebron in the finals

It creates a massive us and them situation.

Nike love it

Stern loves it

TV audiences love it

Reply #197067 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Even that my nick name suggest otherwise. I dislike the guy and think he is about as intelligent as a wildebeest. I doubt he will ever win an NBA title as he has no concept of team. Other teams have star players but the ball goes to everyone. I would much rather have Duncan then Lebron any day! "The Chosen Donkey" more like it.

Reply #197069 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Agree with KingJames.

I kinda glaze over when super-rich people say stuff like "I'd think about it for $50m". Epic fail at life.

Reply #197084 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

I'd go for 5 mil. Anyone want to pay??

Reply #197090 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

He would go to Europe and then play like a selfish asshole, that will go down really well in Europe. Or would he finally appreciate the Euro style and become a team oriented player.
I wonder which one is more likely.. mmmm

Reply #197099 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

I used to be quite a fan, but the more i read about this guy, the more i dislike him. Give me the real King, MJ, anyday.

Reply #197100 | Report this post

Cat 15  
Years ago

How much would it cost to send playa to Europe?

Reply #197107 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

And worth every cent too ..... NOT

LaBronze must be the most overrated player ever next to D "Phantom Calls" Wade .. and they are set to prove so once again in the Olympics!! LaBronze anyone?

Reply #197112 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

CAT 15 - Where do I donate!!!

Reply #197113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice try cat 15 but we would probably have to PAY a team $50 million to take him. Who would want a clown like playa???

Reply #197120 | Report this post

Advocate: Devil  
Years ago

News flash: the interweb is available in places like Europe.

Reply #197128 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

I think you are all being too critical of LeBron.

Firstly, it wasn't even LBJ who made the statement, it was a 'person close to James'.

Secondly, it was probably an attempt by a journalist to draw similarities to the $250m/5yr deal signed by David Beckham.

With the move to Europe being the hot topic at the moment, all players are going to be sunjected to these types of questions. Jason Kidd has already stated he will consider it once his contract will Dallas expires.

Reply #197137 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Im critical of him throughout his career, not just this one incident.

Reply #197140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As am I.

And in this case, I think it would be LeBron's agent setting a price for the Euro teams to consider. I want a deal to go ahead, just to see what happens to the Euroleague and NBA.

Reply #197142 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

I thought LeBron was a massive dick when he started, gladly ill talk full credit for being completely right. MJ might have been arrogant on the court but atleast he knew when to shutup!

Reply #197145 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

so if Australia offered him the same amount he wouldn't come?

Reply #197147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Offer him the NBL max salary $175K to play for NZ :)

Reply #197164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sheamus McPeake would easily fit Lebron James in the salary cap.Just get some corrupt friends to help pay $80 million or so. Nobody would ever notice :)

Reply #197174 | Report this post

Barlow for King  
Years ago

If Lebrons worth 50 million than David Barlow should get 60 Million. Davo tore the King a new one.

Reply #197261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754