?
Years ago

erin no play v USA ?

anyone enlighten me why erin did not play in diamond ball final v USA?

box score has nothing for her

Topic #16748 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you seen how Australia play with Philips in the 1 compared to when they have Harrower?

When you do its fairly obvious that Harrower is always going to get the time over Philips, she is such a good facilitator of offence and knows how to get the ball into the bigs hands. Erin still has a way to go at being able to be the point guard that Stirling needs if you ask me. She's got the talent for sure, but not necessarily the tactic or the poise to be able to play big minutes in these tough matches.

I dont think it takes anything away from her that she didn't play, it just shows that Australia has a world class point guard in Harrower to play the bulk of the minutes.

Reply #197163 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

Erin may not have played, and only the coach would know why. HOWEVER, what about the other South Aussie - Laura Summerton - everyone seems to have forgotten her and is obsessed with Erin. Laura's stats throughout the warm up games have been great (10 points against the USA in the final). Laura has certainly gained strength and experience from her exploits in Europe and is putting them to good use for the Opals.
And NO, I am not against Erin, I am not associated with any Clubs or Associations. What I am is a fan of the AUSTRALIAN OPALS TEAM. I hope that they succeed, and if players from South Australia do well in the Olympics that will be great. What is more important though is the TEAM. IMO the Opals will win the Gold Medal and we can then ALL cheer the TEAM and congratulate the individuals when and if they return to Adelaide after the Olympics. GO OPALS.

Reply #197195 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Good call 163. Harrower is one of the top point guards in the world and she is who I would want carrying the ball.

Erin is great but I wouldn't use her as my back up point guard either. I see her as ideal to come off the bench to inject a spark at both ends of the floor and change the tennor of the game.

Her time may come but right now there are wiser heads.

Reply #197201 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:28 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754