Isaac
Years ago

Earl Boykins to Europe

Hoops.com.au's NBA mascot, Earl Boykins, has signed in Italy to become their league's highest paid player. He departs from the Charlotte Bobcats and becomes the ninth player who hit an NBA court last year to sign in Europe this off-season.

Head to ESPN for more.

Topic #16772 | Report this topic

MH  
Years ago

Are you having a dig at his height Isaac

"their league's highest player"

Reply #197416 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hah, nice pick up - I forgot a word! Highest-paid player!

Reply #197418 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

The one NBA player i look down too.

Reply #197421 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

boykins iz a legg n a credit ta de race .... de humen race !!!

Reply #197471 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Whats this trend starting to tell people?

Well for me personally, if you want to play proper quality basketball, then Europe is the way to go.

If you want action, less defence , more show time, then NBA is the way to go. Its all a matter of opinion, as their is becoming more money for people to play in Europe and have a way better life style than live in the USA.

Reply #197476 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tells me that European owners have money and an arms race has begun between the various clubs. NBA players with experience or European roots will be more open to the idea or simply persuaded by cash.

Doubt many Americans or players will have any real knowledge of a Euro lifestyle. Nor do I think that the style of game will have a big impact either way.

Reply #197477 | Report this post

Skink  
Years ago

I agree with isaac, only few americans would have half a clew on the euro lifestyle.But maybe the euro league eventually will be similar to soccer with the rediculous amounts of money paid to players,obvoiusly soccer is the most popular sport in the world and i dont expect it to be on par with soccer. But maybe the nba might have a challenge on their hands?

Reply #197487 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

spot on Issac. haha honestly, we don't have much of an idea it's all the cash...

and it'll be interesting to see how these players pans out many past NBA players don't do as well going over to Euro league.

also I'm really amused by their signings because I know Europes big in basketball but when you're talking about for this amount? they can't be making money. they may turn into NBL clubs paying heavy dollars to "buy" championships and fold.

Reply #197488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754