Anonymous
Years ago

Ring Channel 7 and complain!

They do not provide an email adress but here is their phone number below. Ring channel 7 and complain about the complete and utter lack of Boomers coverage so far. Do what I'm going to do, complain and demand answers.

8342 7777

Topic #16813 | Report this topic

kad  
Years ago

Im slightly upset that they advertised that they were going to show it ALL DAY, then didnt.

Reply #197877 | Report this post

Years ago

I agree, but deal with it people!
Swimming and Gymnastics rate well im guessing.

They said they are showing the boomers later tonight as well as the USA v China game.

Im staying up for them without a doubt.

Reply #197878 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

And as I hit post, they are on after the break.

Reply #197879 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/tv/general.html

angry emails

Reply #197884 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wouldn't have been such an issue if they advertised a time for the game. Just a tactic to keep people watching the ads.

Reply #197886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well we've learnt that if it's not on TV when it actually happening in real life that doesn't mean it won't be on. Might be on delayed. Very unimpressed with channel 7 tho for saying that the boomers are coming up ALL damn night and not actually telling us when then putting it on at mightnight.

Reply #197889 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Absolute smoke and mirrors by this bush league TV station.

What is the point of making everyone wait around till 11:30? I've already watched the game on live streaming, I'm going to bed. I'd imagine most are doing the same.

So what is really to be gained from showing delayed sport? Certainly not any more viewers. No substitute for live sport.

Reply #197893 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Jeezuz - Channel 7 up to their old tricks... Anyone remember the well documented NSL rights purchase and the equally well documented motive for it... If i was in Oz i'd be calling them... They could 'derelicte' my balls...

They are truly muppets... That said Gymnastics is a fascinating spectator sport -

Reply #197895 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Channel 7 have 5 channels (7, 70, 71, 72, 73) - all of them show the same thing. Why couldn't a couple stick with the Olympics when they needed to show the Crows game and the news? Silly.

Reply #197898 | Report this post

the foley show  
Years ago

i think the huge come from behind win by the hockeyroos pushed everything back

Reply #197899 | Report this post

Agnes #1  
Years ago

What a joke! A Whole 12 minutes of delayed (game finished hours ago) footage, of Croatia kicking our ass.

Day 3 of the olympics might not have me viewing, it's a load of crap!

Reply #197901 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Thanks to SBS I'll get to see 2 live Lithuania Games and one delayed.

Reply #197903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

something needs to be done by basketball australia.

Reply #197904 | Report this post

Wild cat  
Years ago

agree with everything that has been said ! i printed of the telecast times from this site yesterday and have waited all day and we have just watched about 10 mins of the game in the 3 qtr and then had the final score posted at the end !!!!! not sure if this was only in WA or not ? what did the central and eastern states get ??

Reply #197906 | Report this post

Angier  
Years ago

We just got the 3rd. Absolutely ridiculous. Wonder what the coverage of the USA v China game will be like. I'm not holding my breath.

Reply #197907 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

Channel 7 is a joke! To say they are playing the boomers game all day and to end up only showing 5 mins of the 3rd qrt is a disgrace. They stopped the game to show a interview with two chicks.
Can't wait for channel 9 to get the olympics in 2012.
I just rang channel 7 and gave them an earfull.

Reply #197908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I bet their response is along the lines of:

- thanks for your interest
- there are a lot of popular sports that people want to watch
- we can't schedule everything because we don't know which events will be exciting and which ones will be duds
- hope you continue to watch our telecast

An answer for everything.

I dare say that USA-China will/would rate higher than the Boomers trailing Croatia for a whole game too. Doesn't help our cause.

Reply #197909 | Report this post

Basketballs not a popular sport, i cant imagine all the curling fans ringing up during the winter olympics and complaining about lack of air time

Reply #197910 | Report this post

Kingjames  
Years ago

I think the reason they didn't show it earlier and much coverage is because we got our butts kicked

Reply #197916 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There were other events featuring Australians at the same time. Gymnastics stole most of the basketball time. Considering they came 5th, channel 7 could have devoted more time to the basketball.

Reply #197919 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Dont care much because we got flogged and it was painful but seriously how many FREAKING ADS DO THEY SHOW!? If you added up total sport time and advertising time, i reckon theyd be about level. Absolute disgrace for a few extra cents. Bring on 9 and Foxtel...now that the olympics is gone from them the footy is the only thing ill be watching on 7!

Reply #197920 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Once again SBS shows that it is the only Aussie FTA station that can do a good job with sports... Pity that they wont be showing the Boomers, guess that we will have to put up with seeing the rest of the basketball playing nations then!!!

Reply #197929 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

EC, If the Gymnasts finished 5th they will probably finish higher than the Boomers......

Reply #197930 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It is a joke. I was living in the UK when the Athens games were on and if you had a Set Top box, you had your choice of like 5 or 6 different BBC stations showing different sports.

Reply #197932 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

PFT, basketball, so what, Bogut was kept on the bench and the Croations made the boomers look like complete amatuers.

It is the Olympics, stuff the basketball, show us everything else we don't see often.

I can understand why 7 didn't show the boomers, most people would have turned the channel.

As for showing the Aussie Rules instead of the Olympics. Utter disgrace.

Aussie Rules is a minority sport as far as world sport goes. They were two lowly rated teams playing and they decided to call off the olympics to televise the game.

Channel 7 can go and get......

Reply #197933 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Agree, 7 is a joke.

Simple. For a team sport such as basketball, if 7 are not going to play the whole thing - give it to SBS to play. 7 can still show highlights for those people who only have a mild interest in the sport.

Too bad the Boomers sucked and therefore haven't given us any compelling reason to complain.

Reply #197934 | Report this post

gav  
Years ago

Gold. I wouldnt have had an issue if channel 7 hadnt advertised them showing bball all day. I was ready to punch a whole in the wall by midnight.
The not showing other sports on their standard def channels is a farce as pointed out. I would say a deal has been done with the major sponsor to only show the games in hi def.
I have emailed the above address last night as well, but we all know the response. My biggest gripe, is why bother getting the rights for a sport, if you plan on showing 5 minutes?

Where can I buy my "I hate channel 7" tshirt?

Reply #197935 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Follow basketball whether we win or loose.

Needs to be on for the whole game, stuff the high or low light updates.

Seven has just lost a viewer, Live Stream is the way to go

Reply #197937 | Report this post

Fox Force 5  
Years ago

From memory the channel 7 guy was talking up the fact that the Boomers were "coming soon" from about 8-8.30pm last night (thats when I started to take notice anyway).

Channel 7 you are a joke.

Unfortunatly if Bball rated we would not have been put in this position in the 1st place.

My fear is that the Boomers have now started off with a bad one; if they crash and burn we have no hope for Bball in this country. IMO they have to get a medal for the government to finally start throwing money their way like they do to other high profile sports in Oz.

Reply #197940 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I will be complaining another way by notifying all the Channel 7 Olympic sponsor partners that i am not watching channel 7 briadcast again but will be watching it all add free over the net as what channel 7 did last night was terrible.

email companies like LG , MCDonalds and Bendigo Bank as 7 will listen to them and not us.

Reply #197941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sent off my email. Deep down i knew we would get screwed but the bit that i'm upset about is what has been mentioned here is that ALL DAY they were advertising it. Its one thing to say it will be on tonight, its another to advertise 9.30 start time all day and talk the game up with highlights and bogut presser and then show 10minutes of game time close to 2 hours late. By the way they basically showed all the china game.

Reply #197945 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

This is the best number to call as 7 adelaide will just redirect you

1300 737 507

Reply #197946 | Report this post

Fox 11  
Years ago

New this stuff was going to happen...
Lets just hope that in 4 more years, Foxtel and the other FTA channels will have enough money to also buy some broadcasting rights,

Reply #197955 | Report this post

Joe Johnson  
Years ago

TV is just one of the many things that makes Australia a joke in comparison to the rest of the western world.

Reply #197957 | Report this post

I agree- if they weren't going to make it much of a priority to show the game, let alone at a reasonable hour, they shouldn't have plugged it all day long.
As far as I'm concerned, they dug their own grave to create the ill feeling towards them.
I awoke this morning to hear that virtually the whole China vs USA game was televised- ggrr!!

Reply #197959 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

They spoke about it all day, talked it up that the Boomers were going to play. But they could have done more. Sure swimming and gymnastics may be the "glamour" sports (in the 1st wk of competition), but with the right build up, they could have drawn bigger numbers with fans watching basketball.

I saw a promotional package about how Michael Phelps was going for 8 golds in swimming, how nobody had ever won 8, how 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture. Now, this is for an American!

They should have created a promotional package for this game. It could have focussed around Andrew Bogut. Why Bogut? Besides being the tallest player on the team, and easily the most recognisable, he is also (and here's the term that people should start using when referring to Bogut) "Australia's $70Million Man".
Just out of interest, what nationality background is Bogut? Oh, that's right: Croatian! There's another part of that promotional package that should have been included!

Reply #197976 | Report this post

TW  
Years ago

i cracked the sh!ts and went to bed, only to hear Mark Doran hopelessly commentating the game on SEN radio, already down by 20 in the 3rd and no mention of it even starting on Channel 7.. what a joke! Who commentated on the Basketball when it did finally come on?

Reply #197987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The US-China game was, I think, Andrew Gaze and Basil Zempilas. The Croatian game might have been Gaze with Chris Dittmar?

Gaze needs to learn how to pronounce Yi Jianlian's name, but besides that he at least has knowledge of the product unlike his co-commentators.

Reply #197994 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

There is no point in Ringing Channel 7, for the complaint to be "official" they have made it as back dated and hard as possible. You are required to "Fax" (a technology thats out of date and never really took off in households) or write them a letter(whew next it will be a telegram). Only then does your complaint go up for actual review otherwise they essentially laugh, show even more adds so you get half a swimming race broken by 18 more adds and go back to lining their pockets not giving a shit about the actual event.

There needs to be some sort of regulations on just how much a tv channel can screw up a broadcast, they should have the right removed if they cannot meet the requirments for certain events. To have 5 channels and show the same thing on each of them is simply a money saver by forcing the viewers to watch what 7 can be bothered televising. Absolute Crap

Reply #197998 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Oh and for my complaint Im writting to Sam's Mailbag on the Footy Show, surely 7 execs watch that since their own channel is so shit.

Reply #197999 | Report this post

I thought that people from Iran are Iranian, rather than "Iranis" as Gaze would so frequently say.
He could be right but every time he said it, it just sounded a bit iffy.

Reply #198001 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

FWIW, according to a 'TV schedule' on the BA site, there may not be cause for much optimism for an improved Channel Seven performance for the Argentina game: it lists the same coverage as the Croatia game:

Highlights included in daily show from 7.00pm

Reply #198010 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

I looked forward to the hype all night and disappointed with the delay. I lost patience @ 10:30pm and went to bed instead.

I must not have missed much given the result.

Reply #198021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The advertising was killing me just as much as the poor coverage.Most of the adverts always have some piss poor olympic connection in them.We know the olympics are on,no need to remind us every advert.
Considering the amount of time the boomers got,im
sure the swimming and gymnastics could have been edited better also,why do we have to see all the lead up and finish to every event and heat?

Reply #198047 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

"Most of the adverts always have some piss poor olympic connection in them." Exactly what I always say. It get's so annoying.

Go for Gold with Sip and Save's VB Pack.
Kick a goal with the new Samsung 50 inch Plasma TV.
Top the competition with this new Dishwashing Liquid.

It's always so lame.

Reply #198049 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worst thing is that the Coles ad (I think it is) features a great song by an ex-housemate of mine. Used to really like the track but having to hear it over and over and over (2-3 days into the Games!) and now associating it with corporate-Olympic suck-up tie-ins has really hurt it for me.

The one that bugs me most is Qantas with the over-inclusive send-off tips ad. "Let's have a young person, an old person, a wrestling fan, someone with a hat on, a lady with glasses, an Asian person, etc."

Reply #198061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what the song?

Reply #198077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*whats the coles song Isaac?

Reply #198078 | Report this post

tim  
Years ago

I happily waited until 11:00 to sees my team play to only receive gymnastics and 10 minutes of the game. Then in the American game they have add breaks in the middle of play and then resume to the game to watch a timeout. I was recked in the morning and normally i wouldn't mind but only to see 10 minutes of basketball and timeouts, if there is a petition for channel 7 to have the Olympics taken off them please tell me.

Reply #198102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm actually thinking of starting one tim.

Reply #198106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, Sia's Breathe Me:

Reply #198120 | Report this post

REUB  
Years ago

CHANNEL 7 ARE ABOSLUTE MONGRELS!! MENS BASKETBALL IS ONE OF THE MOST ENTERTAINING SPORTS IN THE OLYMPICS AND NOT TO MENTION ONE OF THE MOST INTENSE IN TERMS OF DEPTH OF THE COMPETTION IT IS THE SPORT THAT PAYS THE MOST COMPARED TO OTHER SPORTS - IF A GAME IS SCHEDULED TO START AND BE VIEWED AT A CERTAIN TIME - STICK TO IT! DONT DELAY IT - THEN ONCE WE ACTUALLY MADE THE EFFORT TO SATY UP TILL 11.30 - YOU CHANNEL 7 BASTARDS SHOW ONLY HALF OF THE 3RD QTR - WHAT A JOKE!!

THIS BETER NOT HAPPEN IN THE MEDAL ROUNDS FOR MENS AND WOMENS BASKETBALL!!!

I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED AND MAD!! FOR ALL YOU UNEDUCATED CAHNNEL 7 BROADCASTERS IN THE WORLD OF BASKETBALL - http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nba/index

DO SOME READING AND APPRECIATE HOW MUCH MORE BETTER BASKETBALL IS TO WATCH COMPARED TO GYMNASTICS AND FIELD HOCKEY AND CRICKET AND AFL AND RUGBY LEAGUE AND EQUESTRIAN AND ROWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #198596 | Report this post

Brisbane James  
Years ago

I'm from the UK, and I would say that the pile of vomit that Channel7 have offered up as their coverage of the Olympics is the worst I have ever experienced. Nothing is live, you can find out the results to almost everything online before they show it, they don't show whole events, cutting away to something completely meaningless.

My example is in the track cycling on Friday night, they show 2 of the heats, building it up to the final. Then they cut away to the gymnastics, which is a repeat THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY SHOWN!!! They don't even cut back to show the final as a reply. They just pretend it doesn't happen.

On top of this carnage, you have anchorpeople who look like they have never watched a sporting event in their life, and commentators who sound like they get a bonus for every mistake they make. Disgrace.

Reply #199547 | Report this post

moose 57  
Years ago

I just posted this in to their online form: http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/tv/general.html

I am trying to watch possibly the biggest game of basketball of the year, and thus far I have managed to see no more than 20 minutes of play. You succeeded in showing 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter, deciding to show adverts instead. Congratulations though on showing us the break between quarters.

You have now decided to show the news, at 6pm, instead of the final 10 minutes of the basketball. You know that you could put the news on 15 minutes later - the world wont end.

Thats the worst of the long list of things I could complain about. Your coverage of the 2008 Olympics has been nothing short of pathetic.

Reply #201333 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm sending my 8th letter tomorrow! Still not reply to any of them first 7.

Reply #201367 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754