Anonymous
Years ago

Complain, Complain, Complain to Ch 7

This has been mentioned before but I think it deserves it own thread. Please complain to channel 7 either by phone or email (details below) and let them know that you are not happy with their coverage of the Boomers.

1300 737 507

http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/tv/general.html

Topic #16824 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

no point sending an emaiL to that address as all you get back is a generic we have nothing to do with Channel 7 we are an interent site only type thing

The 1300 number logs your complaint and the chick i spoke to said that they where getting huge numbers of calls about the basketball. ( that is good)

I hope BA are making as much noise as possible too.

To complain in writing you have to send a letter ( remember them?) to
7 Network Complaints
38-42 Pirram Rd
Pyramont NSW 2009

Reply #198002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, No, No.
Ch 7 knows it, Australia knows it, & it's about time you knew it.
It's not a rating maker, showing a minority sport gettings it's arse handed to it.

Reply #198003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that great to heard that they where getting huge numbers of calls about the basketball. keep it up guys! we need more tho.

Reply #198005 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Which part of Basketball is a minority sport?

That it is the most participated sport in the world?

That its best athletes are known around the world and are global commodities themselves?

Reply #198007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon- Your a Minority Sport!

Reply #198009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets save our anger for taking out on channel 7 by complaining rather than eachother :)

Reply #198011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kent, you said that the chick u spoke to said that they where getting huge numbers of calls about the basketball. did she say anything more or that they were going to do something about it?

Reply #198012 | Report this post

Do it!  
Years ago

I just rang the number & spoke to a lady to voice my concern. She was happy to take the complaint & I could hear her entering the complaint on a computer.

Remember when complaining it is not the lady on the other end of the phone that made the decision.

Keep it pleasant but to the point and your complaint will be taken down and passed on.

Agree with anon that Bball does not rate on FTA (that would be why FTA never show games anymore); however what got me angry last night was the repeated "and soon we will be crossing to the Boomers game" that they kept up with for 4-5 hours befor ethey actually crossed to it in the damn 3rd qtr!

Reply #198013 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

same experience as do it.

Said she can log the complaint but to make more impact she suggested writing in. i asked for a fax number so it would get actioned as soon as possible but all they had was mail.

which you would think will miss the boat by the time it gets there as they will need time for a commitee to be formed to create action points, those points get tabled and sent to the newly created Olympic complaints department who then send it to the actioning sub commitee. That sub commitee will then need the accounts department to approve the budget required to put in place the action points.

ok too much Hollowmen for me

Reply #198016 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

the web address is useless, sent a vitriol filled letter there, and got an automated "we're not the right avenue" reply.

Reply #198033 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here's my letter to channel 7, please feel free to exploit and add value - weight in numbers:

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction at your coverage of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

As an avid supporter of Australian sport, the Olympic Games are held once very four years, and are widely regarded as the premier sporting event in the world today. Whilst it is acknowledged that event scheduling for broadcast will not satisfy every viewer, I feel that your efforts at the Australian broadcaster fall well short of the expectations for majority of all Australians.

My complaint includes:

" Broadcasting AFL games instead of Olympic Games coverage when Australians were competing (and not allowing SBS to Broadcast these events instead)
" Failing to provide an accurate TV schedule of events that will be broadcast, and when something is promised to be shown (i.e. Basketball: Australia vs Croatia on 10 August  showing a few minutes of replayed footage was poor), then show it
" Switching across to advertisements at the most inappropriate of times (i.e. on 9 August when the Opals were about to score a basket and then without warning switching to an advertisement)
" Broadcasting far too many advertisements, and also far too repetitive
" Showing events with non-Australian athletes competing when elsewhere at that same time Australians are currently competing
" Showing the same event at the same time as SBS (i.e. men's cycling road race)  why not show something else with an Australian competing instead?
" Providing commentators and/or presenters (i.e. Sonia Kruger) who have little if any knowledge or experience in sport or the events they are covering

The unsatisfactory points listed above are just my main areas of complaint. Quite simply, your network in my opinion is treating the 2008 edition of the Olympic Games and the Australian public with disdain.

Why you are not showing a greater variety of sports concurrently utilising your HD Digital channels confounds me, and probably every other viewer in the land.

Your network would do well to mirror the dedication and commitment to sport that is and has been demonstrated by SBS. Their limited yet comprehensive coverage of essentially non-Australian competition has been exemplary and far superior to that of your network.

I have now reverted to watching broadcasts of the Olympics exclusively on SBS on free to air television. I'm unable to do so online as your Yahoo website is just as bad if not worse than your television coverage.

I eagerly anticipate your response to my complaint, as I am intrigued as to what has driven your incompetence in your coverage of the greatest sporting event in the world.

Regards,

LC

Reply #198037 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Nice one LC!
For a 55 cent stamp, I think it is well worth it!
Thanksd for doing the hard work for me...I'll just amke a few changes.

Reply #198042 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

good post .. couldn't have done better myself. ESPN gave us better coverage of the NBA when enough people complained .. hopefully Ch 7 can do so too

Reply #198044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC, wow. That is BRILLIANT mate!

Reply #198045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

let us know the responce if u get one LC. that is a great complaint.

Reply #198046 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

That Sonia Kruger bird provided unintentional hilarity the other morning after asking if the 48kg weighlifting class only had to lift 48kg to win

Then she talked about how she gets stared at by european men wherever she goes and then asked Rebecca Wilson if she had the same problem, Wilson had to admit she didn't.

If it was intentional it was briliant if not as Allan Border once said 'if you pull that shit again you will be on the next plane home."

Reply #198058 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Unfortunately Channel 7 supports Sweet FA in regards to commentary variety.

"If you've played a sport, you can commentate it... and also another 12 sports you've never heard of."

That's basically the motto of Channel 7, do what you know and bullshit the rest.

I must admit I was watching since 6pm last night waiting for the game; finally giving up at 11:30 since I had an early start. I find it hilarious that between basketball and Gymnastics; they picked to air Gymnastics for 2 hours over starting a live BBall game.

All I wanted to watch that night was Basketball... and they can't even deliver. Only way Basketball will get better showings atm is to stick the lads in a 12ft deep swimming pool swimming 50m and then doing a layup.

Reply #198069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Then she talked about how she gets stared at by european men wherever she goes and then asked Rebecca Wilson if she had the same problem, Wilson had to admit she didn't."

Not familiar with either of thsese two women only heard of them. Why is this funny?

Reply #198079 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

This is what I wrote to that Yahoo 7 address, totally wasted in the end. Might send it to Kochie in the morning:

Channel 7, over the years your Olympic coverage has been terrible, but this time with 5 channels at your disposal, I thought you would pick up your game and use them all. Alas, I was sadly mistaken.

All of us out here who couldn't give a stuff about swimming (great spectator sport, that one) or gymnastics (aarrghh - need I say more!!!), are forced to miss other sports, eg. Basketball, Football, Hockey because of it, and trust me, there are a lot of us.

Now I'm no genius, but surely, it is possible to broadcast Basketball on 7 HD 2, while gymnastics is on Seven, no ?? I mean, it's fantastic (please note , this is sarcasm)to have 5 channels all showing the same ridiculous excuse for a sport, but really, what is the point ?

Two words: A DISGRACE ! At least give the Boomers, Opals, Olyroos games to SBS then, for our sakes.

Oh, and that Yum Cha crap ! You couldn't find any better people than Daddo Mk II, Wilson who knows nothing about any sport besides Rugby League, and Sonia "Braindead" Kruger ?

Channel 7, please do not go for the rights to London 2012, I'M BEGGING YOU !

Reply #198080 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

rebecca wilson

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/03/20/wbsportlife1_wideweb__430x293,1.jpg

sonia kruger

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2008/04/ten-things-we-like-about-sonia-kruger.html

mods can you do the photo thing?

Thanks

Reply #198086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both unattractive...

Reply #198090 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

After proof reading my letter (and fixing up my grammar and spelling), I actually lifted my game and sent it via Express Post. I was that angry and frustrated I thought my $6 was worth it.
Will let you know if and when I get a response.

Reply #198115 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

wasted your money LC

Reply #198128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no he didn't. he did a bloody good job of doing all he can to make a change and voice his opinion, more people should be doing it instead of sitting around and saying"i can't make a difference".

Reply #198136 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Here's my follow up letter to the one I sent channel 7 on Monday (due to the poor effort on Sunday):

13 August 2008

Seven Network Limited
PO Box 777
Pyrmont NSW 2009

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing in follow up to my letter dated 11 august concerning my complete and utter dissatisfaction at your coverage of the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
In addition to my previous areas of complaint, I am also wishing to express my further extreme displeasure at your broadcasting schedule for specifically the evening of the 12 August 2008, and early morning of 13 August 2008 involving the coverage of the Australian men's basketball game against defending Olympic champions Argentina.
As was the case with the Australian men's game scheduled on 10 August 2008, your network presenters continually promised to show the basketball game later that evening. I therefore stayed up to watch the game that was due to commence at 12:15am AEST. Whilst the start of the game was missed due to the existing coverage of another sport, shortly afterwards your began to broadcast the basketball live which was greatly appreciated.
Understandably, at the half time break your network crossed to another event (Equestrian) to cover the action there. However the coverage stayed with the equestrian and did not return to the basketball. There was no mention of the basketball at all, and no indication to advise whether or not the coverage would be crossing back. Bleary eyed, I hung on for another 20 minutes hoping to see some more basketball coverage, eventually falling asleep  bored to death watching animals jump over fences. So having stayed up all night to well after 1:30am in the morning to watch a game of basketball, I was yet again let down and left disappointed, missing out of the second half of a crucial contest. Absolutely flabbergasting!
Your treatment of the Australian basketball teams and the Australian sporting public is both perplexing and disgusting. Your network's actions only reinforced my original conclusion that you are treating the 2008 edition of the Olympic Games and the Australian public with disdain.
Despite by best judgment I gave your network another chance, and once again I end up being frustrated, disappointed and left feeling short-changed. You will not get another chance. I now remain committed to watching broadcasts of the Olympics exclusively on SBS on free to air television. I'm still also unable to do so online, as your Yahoo website is just as bad if not worse than your television coverage.

I expect to receive a detailed response to my complaint, and remain intrigued as to what continues to drive your incompetence in covering the greatest sporting event in the world.
Regards,

LC

*** Please feel free to plagiarise it and amend it for your own purposes.

Unless we do something nothing improves.

I have sent this letter via Express Post again. I'm still to get a responses to my first letter.

Reply #198640 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Good job LC.

While I have bad feelings that it will be deflected again; I'd probably advise sending an email to that "Sunrise" show and 'politely' explain your disgust.

I'm sure Kochie can voice his opinion on the subject and explain in Financial terms "why?" you can't show Basketball on one of the four channels at Seven's disposal.

Reply #198656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC when/if you get a respnce please start a new thread and post it on here. Your complan are extremely well written.

Reply #198797 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Just letting you know that I got a pathetic response from channel 7 to my complaint last week! In fact I got 2 responses to two of my complaints. Didn't take them long to respond considering I sent my letters in August!

Reply #210428 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754